DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronLegacy45

Trash Compacter
Aug 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have two questions for you:

1) Is it worth dropping 2x 120mm AIO support for not seeing screws on the side panel?
2) What do you prefer USB Typ-C or Audio+Microphone?

Finally some kind of activity on this thread! Anyways

(1)EDIT: Sorry, i think I misread the post, if you mean removing support for 2x 120mm and not 240mm, then that would be a bit more difficult choice. I for one will be going for the 1 x 240mm rad. But if you read the thread carefully, a lot of people wanted the 2x120mm support for the case. So this update might be a deal breaker for some. Plus the aesthetic difference won't be justifiable for the removal of this support. So i think it is not worth removing the support for 2x120mm.

(2) tbh, i don't use the front audio jacks in any case so i would opt for usb c.

Last edited:
Reactions: Talyrius

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

1) Is it worth dropping 2x 120mm AIO support for not seeing screws on the side panel?
Would it be possible to see renders of the difference between the two?

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Hi everyone,

1. No. The screws aren't too unsightly. I personally would use an AIO solution so I cast my vote.
2. Audio+Microphone because I don't really have anything that uses USB Type-C.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
To make question 1) more clear i mean two 120mm AIOs. A single 240mm AIO will be still supported.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
My 2cents:

1. Yes, it is worth it to drop support for 2-120mm AIOs in order to not see screws on side panel
2. USB Type-C is preferred over Audio/Mic IO.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Edit: Removing shameful, ignorant post that can be preserved in replies. Apologies. My SFF buddy sent me a link to the album and I didn’t think to check for the source.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@FoskcoRS5

No the Circle One is in development since last year. It is bigger 11.5L and supports only small gpu. Furthermore the outerdesign isn't new it was done often in the past by Jonsbo, Lian Li, InWin, Silverstone s.o.

Reactions: Saturnian

t_sale

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2018
Is there a performance benefit to cooling the gpu and cpu on their own dedicated 120mm loops rather than cooling the gpu and cpu on a custom 240mm loop?

Type C for sure.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Hi everyone,

1) I would not be worried by clean looking unobtrusive screws, i.e. No chunky thumbscrews. The screws in my LianLi PC Q07 were OK (black countersunk screws), but looked better when replaced with hex button head screws.
2) No preference, Type C is still not very well established. I still use rear audio sockets as I feel they are less fragile than front accessory sockets.

I'm pleased to hear that you're working on the C4, even if it's in your head and on paper. I hope all is well with family life - I remember how hectic and tough it is as a new parent.

Silpir

What's an ITX?
Sep 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

1) I think 2x120mm support is pretty important. It will also set your case distinguished since not a lot of cases are able to do this. I personally don't mind the screws.

2) USB TYPE-C MASTERRACE

dapperlilsailor

Caliper Novice
Sep 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

1) I think the flexibility of supporting the 2x120mm is more important than a couple screws, especially since I never thought they detracted from the aesthetic.
2) USB Type-C is a modern feature that's extremely versatile and streamline, I think it belongs in this case.

SilverTurtle

Cable Smoosher
Jun 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

2x120mm is incredibly flexible. While I wouldn't be using the case that way, there are a ton of people in this thread that would.

USB type C is the port of the future, easy access to one on the front of the cafe would be fantastic. It is far more practical to have this than 3.5mm jacks for mic/headphones.

Drue

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

1. I would keep the 2x 120mm AIO cause it is an interesting option to have, and the screws aren't a problem
2. Please type C. All the cases I have use the front audio/mic have terrible interference, and I would just plug into my mother board anyway to keep the cables out of the way. Type C to move the industry forward! Bonus points for quick charge, or something like that

omega24

Caliper Novice
Dec 11, 2017
1) Please keep 2x 120mm AIO support. For people that won't be making custom loops and still want to liquid cool the GPU it is essential
2) USB C. Audio jacks on the mobo are enough for me

Kelly

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2018
Hi everyone,

1) I don't mind losing the 2x120mm, as long as the 1x240mm is retained.
2) Personally I think that USB type - C front panel would look alot better, I personally directly connect a dac/amp to my motherboard so its fine to have the headphone jacks removed for me

Status
Not open for further replies.