DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankless

Trash Compacter
Sep 6, 2018
Very excited. I know that Dan's time is limited, but I personally think it would be neat if he released the unibody case alongside or perhaps after the C4. Also, I would love to hear some news on the design of the case feet.

t_sale

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2018
Dan,

As we approach the one year mark from your original thread creation, I was wondering if you would venture a guess as to when we may be able to order this case? Many of us have been watching with baited breathe and I'm sure there are others like myself that are dying to get our hands on this case. Even if the estimate is in terms of months and isn't very accurate, at least some indication that our patience will be worth it would be really helpful to keep the interest level high.

I know that I myself have been contemplating getting an A4 or a Ghost, but really want the C4. It offers so much in terms of compatibility and performance that many of the other sff cases are lacking in. If you could tell us that we need to wait 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, whatever it is, it would be easier to wait knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for putting in the time and effort just to prototype this case, the detail and concept really is spectacular!

Gotsche

Cable Smoosher
Sep 12, 2018
Hello,

as user and Kickstarter oft the second kickstarter-project of "dan a4-sfx2", I'm using a i7-8700K with 92mm AIO & 1080ti build. But the thermal problem comes to it's limitations, if you will use a VR as example. And further VR glasses of nextgen VR will bring more resolution with more thermal consequences! Then I'll need to render with at minimum 100fps to avoid motionsickness. The A4 case is at thermal limits...

The EVGA 1080ti FTW3 has 2 Slots in with. But many of the new custom GTR 2080 (ti) Cards now Comes with 2.5 or 3 slots in with.

Dan, please - we want the C4 case! A 240'er AIO is quite neccessary! May be a 2.5slot GPU too...
Please, do it!

Best Regards
Gotsche

Drue

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2018
Hello,

as user and Kickstarter oft the second kickstarter-project of "dan a4-sfx2", I'm using a i7-8700K with 92mm AIO & 1080ti build. But the thermal problem comes to it's limitations, if you will use a VR as example. And further VR glasses of nextgen VR will bring more resolution with more thermal consequences! Then I'll need to render with at minimum 100fps to avoid motionsickness. The A4 case is at thermal limits...

The EVGA 1080ti FTW3 has 2 Slots in with. But many of the new custom GTR 2080 (ti) Cards now Comes with 2.5 or 3 slots in with.

Dan, please - we want the C4 case! A 240'er AIO is quite neccessary! May be a 2.5slot GPU too...
Please, do it!

Best Regards
Gotsche
He has already said that it will come with a bracket for 2 slot and 2.5 slot gpus

Reactions: ToutNoir

Danytx

Efficiency Noob
Mar 7, 2018
I like that he is trying to anticipate this beautiful project, Dannn do soon, otherwise I get the monkey for the competition!

Acquire

Efficiency Noob
Sep 14, 2018
About a year late to the party here. One suggestion that I think is necessary is having bottom intakes. I think the default orientation of this case is the upside down one and not the ideal. Having a 240mm rad up top exhausting and two 120mm on bottom as intakes is the way to go. Without the bottom intakes not much if anything is going to be improved for cooling on the gpu. The cpu will greatly benefit in this case vs the a4.

I like the idea behind the design, but I have concerns that it's not actually solving the core problems of the a4. The a4 works well for mid end systems. For high end systems (unlocked Intel i7 k series CPU and high powered GPU like a 1080 to) it just falls apart with awful thermals, throttling, and noise. Cooling of the CPU has been addressed, but the GPU still needs more love. The GPU needs more air. It needs more space. Up to triple slot width. This is essential especially now that we know Nvidia has abandoned the blower style cooler for their reference design. Some blower style cards will still exist, but they're just not good in any way for high end cards. Let the a4 be the case for ultra compact and make this one the true case for ultra high end compact systems.

As an example. We already know that the Asus strix rtx 2080 will be 2.7 slots. Other than EVGA all the high end 1080 Tis are 2.5 slots. These high end cards are getting huge. However, those coolers are excellent. No reason why we shouldn't be able to build a compact system with such a GPU. This is why I haven't built a mini itx system for myself in so long. All cases create awful thermals, throttling, and noise for actual high end cards with most not even fitting these big cards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.