Not a good attitude to have. This thread is basically acting as a little focus group and is a staple of qualitative research used when designing new products that every good company will partake in. As a result, these opinions actually matter in the wider scope of things (otherwise they would not be so widely used), and your decision to ignore them is telling me that you just want to do your own thing regardless of what people think - if that wasn't the case, there would be no problem with moving forward with surveys to gather a wider range of opinions, right?
I think it's safe to say that, as I stated above, you don't care that people prefer the original design and you're going to do what you want regardless with the overall direction of the design. At the end of the day though, it's your product and your decision. If you wanted to maximise commercial success, however (just from a business standpoint I can't fathom someone who'd deliberately shoot profits in the foot), I'd take the qualitative research a bit more seriously.
I may seem harsh, but I just dislike it when people ignore a small 'total' of opinions, completely ignoring that it represents a large majority of a select group and will therefore likely spread out if the group size were to increase (and this is where you use surveys etc to confirm those findings as the focus group is indeed not the end-all, but it is still a very good place to begin from).
As for the case above, my opinion on it is this: It's looking better, but it's still missing the spark that made the original C4 so attractive; I doubt I'd be buying this design.