DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zambacan

Efficiency Noob
Jun 22, 2018
I'm not entirely sure what the rules would be with an AIO in a carry-on or in luggage. I would personally uninstall the AIO before flight, bring a low profile air cooled heatsink as a backup. If they refuse the AIO, you can ship it back home or to the hotel destination.

Ideally; you could build a custom loop. When you travel, drain it before heading to the airport. Then ship the liquid to hotel destination (You would need a lot of 8 ounce bottles if you decided to bring these in luggage?)

I am not an expert in custom loops, but my car mechanic side of me would say "Plan C would be distilled water and WaterWetter" (this obviously wouldn't be ideal, worse case scenario you can get these anywhere a grocery and auto parts store exist. Obviously don't take this advice, stick with actual water cooling fluids designed for custom loops).
Sounds complex. Air cooling might be better for frequent flyers.

thedigitalmaniac

Case Bender
Jul 6, 2018
I signed up just to get more info on this case.
Sorry if it has already been asked but has the Kickstarter started yet? tried searching but but came up empty.
I read in the earlier posts that it was going to be may/june, it's July, so hopefully I didn't miss the boat.

This is definitely going to be the case for my next rig.
So far I have an i7 8086k and an Asus ROG Z370-I board sitting for my next build.
Will purchase the 32gb (2x 16gb) Trident Z RGB Ram, a Corsair SFX 600w in the next few months.
I'm not sure which 240mm water cooler will fit so I will hold off on that till we know more.

I am hoping Nvidia will announce the GTX 1180 later this month for Aug/Sept release, I have a Zotac 1080TI Mini in my current rig I can pull if they delay it though.

The last piece of the puzzle will be this case, Loving the sexy Black w/ Tempered glass.

Hoping it will be available in the next few months either through kickstarter or somewhere.

If you guys know, please reply. thanks.

Reactions: wykydtronik

ToutNoir

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2018
I signed up just to get more info on this case.
Sorry if it has already been asked but has the Kickstarter started yet? tried searching but but came up empty.
I read in the earlier posts that it was going to be may/june, it's July, so hopefully I didn't miss the boat.

This is definitely going to be the case for my next rig.
So far I have an i7 8086k and an Asus ROG Z370-I board sitting for my next build.
Will purchase the 32gb (2x 16gb) Trident Z RGB Ram, a Corsair SFX 600w in the next few months.
I'm not sure which 240mm water cooler will fit so I will hold off on that till we know more.

I am hoping Nvidia will announce the GTX 1180 later this month for Aug/Sept release, I have a Zotac 1080TI Mini in my current rig I can pull if they delay it though.

The last piece of the puzzle will be this case, Loving the sexy Black w/ Tempered glass.

Hoping it will be available in the next few months either through kickstarter or somewhere.

If you guys know, please reply. thanks.

No ETA right now, things are a bit delayed due to Dondan being busy and a baby who should arrive in a few weeks. Next gen Nvidia GPUs will be on sale before the C4 ;)

thedigitalmaniac

Case Bender
Jul 6, 2018
Thanks for the reply, I am ok waiting hopefully it's gonna be before the end of the year lol, since you all know tech changes crazy fast.
We might be looking at the new i9 8 cores by then lol.

Woxys

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2016
Really glad you can see the beauty of the old design again, dondan!
I might be a little late to the party, but:
- I prefer the side I/O and i don't think that breaking stuff sticking out from the side is or it should be a real concern. First of all front I/O it's an accessibility thing, so don't have to go all the way to the back of the case to stick that thumb drive you wanna use for few minutes. Second, i can't see anyone buying this beautiful case taking pleasure from seeing cables and USB stick's (or other things) sticking out of the case like a weird octopus.
- The current case feet look the best for me.
- Motherboard standoffs on the side panel does not sound like a good idea, especially if that side panel is mounted in a traditional way, like the front side panel. There is a very good chance that it will warp under the weight on the motherboard+cooler if the only points of support for that panel are 4 screws on the edges of it. I don't think you can install standoffs on the side panel without leaving some marks, if you look close at the side panels of the A4 you can see the uneven surface leveling where the push pins are mounted. Not to talk about how weird it would be to take that panel off with the motherboard and all the cables dragging it back. If the panel would be mounted on a semi-permanent fashion then it may work but then, again, will hurt the flexibility of the case, you won't be able to rotate the layout that easily.

I hope my feedback is constructive for you.

AsTuRkInG

Cable Smoosher
Jul 1, 2018
There aren't any way to set in some place of the case a mount point for a pump and reservoir for a custom loop?

AlsaceFiris

Chassis Packer
Jul 4, 2018
I support this idea. But if it is not easy to integrate just leave it as is

Yes the integration will surely not be easy but after that we can use a fan in 92mm however I'm not sure it will be silent except with Noctua but we lose the opportunity to have a watercooling system

david.giessing

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
Yes the integration will surely not be easy but after that we can use a fan in 92mm however I'm not sure it will be silent except with Noctua but we lose the opportunity to have a watercooling system
I mean any fan that we can cram into this additionally will be helpful, as long as the case doesnt increase to much in its dimensions, but I wouldn't mind additional 2-3cms to fit another set of fans

AlsaceFiris

Chassis Packer
Jul 4, 2018
I am of the same opinion too ;)

I know that by the time Dan starts manufacturing, I would buy his case, I decided in the afternoon by comparing all or almost all cases SFF

Edite: There is a dust filter underneath the case?

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes it got it back a brand new tian X (pascal).My daughter Mia was born yesterday so currently I am very busy but i have very grat news for you I will stay with side I/O and found a way to make this case bettern than it is! XD

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Yes it got it back a brand new tian X (pascal).My daughter Mia was born yesterday so currently I am very busy but i have very grat news for you I will stay with side I/O and found a way to make this case bettern than it is! XD

Dan HUGE congratulations on your new arrival, Mia. Please send my congrats to Mrs Dan who did all the hard work :p.
Brilliant to have a new design solution, and a Titan X Pascal to test it with!

Hope you get some paternity leave, and have been well trained with nappies and helping out...

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Congrats Dan!

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Congrats Dan, Mia is a beautiful name :)

AlsaceFiris

Chassis Packer
Jul 4, 2018

Congratulations ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.