DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdullahQuan

Cable Smoosher
Apr 29, 2018
Could you post the temperatures of Core i7 8700 5ghz using the Alphacool LT240 liquid cooler. I'm keen to see what the temperatures go up to with this case.
Thx

Kelly

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2018
Still pretty early in the project to get a final project cost based on a couple prototypes but it’s on the first page.
Oh ok thanks, I just wanted to know whether or not there has been any changes yet, I hope the final price would be in range of 160-180 euros., it''s just right under the amount on where I don't have to pay extra for customs tax/

also, can it fit* a fractal design c24 with a standard 25mm thick fan?, the radiator thickness is 31mm on there website, i'd be a shame if it din't actually fit with just a 1mm difference

Last edited:

AbdullahQuan

Cable Smoosher
Apr 29, 2018
Oh ok thanks, I just wanted to know whether or not there has been any changes yet, I hope the final price would be in range of 160-180 euros., it''s just right under the amount on where I don't have to pay extra for customs tax/

also, can it if a fractal design c24 with a standard 25mm thick fan?, the radiator thickness is 31mm on there website, i'd be a shame if it din't actually fit with just a 1mm difference

I am from the UK and I was told if you don't live outside the EU then there's no customs tax.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Kelly

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2018
I am from the UK and I was told if you don't live outside the EU then there's no customs tax.
Can anyone else confirm this?
You have to check your country's import laws, mine is that if an item goes over 10000php, then we pay 12% tax for custom, not including shipping

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
You have to check your country's import laws, mine is that if an item goes over 10000php, then we pay 12% tax for custom, not including shipping
EU has trading laws. If the items is shipped from within the EU, then countries within EU wouldn't be paying import taxes and custom fees.

zanduh

Trash Compacter
Jan 15, 2018
So something I was thinking about is if there could be some slight cable management tweaks, either homebrew or official. For example, I'd love a removable shroud for the PSU to make the interior look very clean. Additionally some clips or ties or something for routing the power cable to the PSU neatly along the bottom of the fan track.

Zerohalcyon

Case Bender
Jun 3, 2018
@dondan

Will the case come with the 2.1/2.5 riser (riser with both options) as default? Otherwise that hole near the graphics card IO will be meaningless for users that doesn't get the one or the other.

Will the bottom panel will always be left open as a cost-saving measure?

What is the maximum dimension in terms of radiator length? Because despite the fact that single 120mm AIOs are for 120mm fans, the radiator itself in terms of its length is not 120mm (to be precise, something like Corsair H55 is 152mm x 120mm). Put two 120 AIOs together, and the total length of those two radiators will be close to 304-306mm. I'm trying to figure out if the new Corsair H60 (2018 ver.) with radiator length of 157mm will fit. Using H60 (2018 ver.) for CPU and H55 for GPU, total radiator length will be close to 310mm.

@dondan

Been following the development for a while now (long time follower, first time poster), since the decision to lengthen the case to 303mm to accommodate 2 AIOs (yay!). I understand the goal was to have the final product under 10L but personally, I’d gladly sacrifice the size for greater compatibility.
I suspect down the road there will be users with incompatible 2 AIOs if they didn’t troll the details.
Having the same thoughts as @enome above - majority of the available 120mm AIOs in the market that are decent (quiet/good pumps and performance) are > 150mm. This greatly limits the options for purchase. Stock Asetek 150mm rads are hard to find and performs subpar, aftermarket rad are larger insize due to the inferior performance at stock - hence we have larger, thicker rads in the 120mm variants.

The only reason I’m after this setup is to have a fuss-free, quiet, good looking, off the shelf, small system without having to go custom (I’ve done custom in the past but I’m over the hassle that comes with it). I have a Hybrid GPU with a 150mm width and now I guess I’ll be looking for a decent CPU AIO at 103mm or below.
If I can’t find one, I guess I’ll have a decision to make. Understandably I’m probably in the minority in terms of my needs. It’s a real pity though, I’m loving this case very much. Best of luck and may you have another great success!

I’ll be secretly waiting for the day it is lengthen! ;)

Kelly

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2018
@dondan might I ask when will this go on retail on the sfflab site? Theres a drop on a keyboard that I'm interested in.

If this goes retail on q2 2019 on pre order or something like that, I might just go with the 2nd batch

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
I came late in this discussion and I have already read your statement (@dondan) about the current displacement being chosen to have a rigid PCIe riser and save cost compared to the A4-SFX solution.

But for what it matters, I give a +1 to the A4-SFX solution of a flexible cable as I'm worried motherboard back mounted M.2 SSD won't be cooled good with this displacement. Plus, a sandwidtch design would allow probably a better front airflow by not having airflow being obstructed by this rectangular piece on top. Air cooled solution would be also possible... and aesthetics would be better for what matters, IMHO

As disadvantages maybe this would make the case more pricey as it means it would requires an other "wall" in the middle but maybe, by having the same PCIe riser for both your current line-up of cases, you may shave save some money by ordering a bigger quantity of the same product instead two smaller for two different products... Not enough to cover the added cost... But maybe, with a stronger spine, you can shave cost by choosing "less depth" panels...

I'm a totally newbie anyway regarding economics stuff so I may be wrong...
So this is just 2 cent (and an indirect answer to being corrected if I'm wrong)!

Plus (I'm bit lazy I know, as I could search this by myself) but it seems that for having PCIe 4.0 compliant riser it's required to have a solid PCIe extender. Can somebody explain me why? Rigid solution have reduced crosstalk between lines compared to a flexible solution?

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
I came late in this discussion and I have already read your statement (@dondan) about the current displacement being chosen to have a rigid PCIe riser and save cost compared to the A4-SFX solution.

But for what it matters, I give a +1 to the A4-SFX solution of a flexible cable as I'm worried motherboard back mounted M.2 SSD won't be cooled good with this displacement. Plus, a sandwidtch design would allow probably a better front airflow by not having airflow being obstructed by this rectangular piece on top. Air cooled solution would be also possible... and aesthetics would be better for what matters, IMHO

As disadvantages maybe this would make the case more pricey as it means it would requires an other "wall" in the middle but maybe, by having the same PCIe riser for both your current line-up of cases, you may shave save some money by ordering a bigger quantity of the same product instead two smaller for two different products... Not enough to cover the added cost... But maybe, with a stronger spine, you can shave cost by choosing "less depth" panels..

You can cool your m.2 SSD by sticking a thermal pad between the aluminium case and the SSD. The airflow issue would have to be further tested by dan.

Reactions: SashaLag

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
A back mounted m.2 ssd would get even hotter in the A4 design. The plate where the mobo is attached will be getting hot since it's all passive exhaust, and both sides will be trapping hot air close to that chamber separator.

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
Those are two points which I didn't think of...

A COMSOL simulation is required then :D

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
What are the dimensions of the glass panel alone, and what is the distance between the screw holes horizontally? I am thinking about building an LCD panel into a window for this case, and would like to start pre-planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.