DAN A4-SFX v4.1

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
@gffermari PCB, PCIe signal Cables and cable securement (no use of tape) is different.

...i did not write it correctly. I was asking if there will be any other differences between v.2 and v.3 apart from the pci-e cable.

And...in Dan Cases website, in the specification page, the image in the middle of the page, writes a 3M Twin Axial. It will need to be corrected.

Soli

Case Bender
New User
Jan 9, 2018
Seems the industry will skip gen4 and go straight to gen 5...(I think I read that somehwere, since gen4 is kinda delayed and gen5 i targeting 2019) Anyways, at these short lengths I'm pretty sure both will handle it.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I just pre-ordered the A4. It was between that and the Sentry. I couldn't stomach the cost of the Sentry after seeing what it came out to, so there we go.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Whan an intro...

I watched that, it was good to see the Asetek 545LC 92mm AIO could keep that 7980XE reasonably cool, I tired finding cooling reviews on it before and they are hard to find. This should be able to keep even the 8700k cool although you might still need to delid. Speaking of delliding did you see the size of the die on that 7980XE? OMG.

And lol @ Linus trying to boot it with the PSU power switch off. :D

Last edited:

Commanderwiggin

Chassis Packer
Dec 2, 2017
Coles Notes: AIO awesome, Delid and liquid metal TIM biggest drop in temps, Dan A4 Case is wicked and don't order the wrong fan like I did.

Long version:
On the topic of AIO here's my almost complete build. I ordered the wrong size fan so I have to wait to put the slim fan on. I'm in a private location away from shipping anything in so I'll have an update in a few weeks.

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Delid with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra TIM
Delid Kit: Rockit 88 LGA 1151 Kit
CPU Cooler: Asetek 545lc AIO with Noctua NF-A9x14 Fan (Don't order the NF-A9 as it's 25mm...my current error)
Cooler to CPU TIM: Arctic MX-4
Motherboard: ASUS STRIX Z370-I GAMING
Memory: GSKILL 16GB DDR4 3200
Storage: SAMSUNG 512GB 960PRO NVME M.2 SSD
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G
Power Supply: Corsair SF600
Power Supply Cables: Corsair SF Series Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit - Black Model# CP-8920202
Case: Dan A4 SFX V2 Black

I'm running 70'C Prime95 Stable Overclock of 4.4ghz *AVX Program* and 4.8ghz on non-AVX. I tried the bios setting for the built in 5ghz mode and it immediately crashed on Prime. I will tweak settings later upon putting the smaller fan onto my cooler and loading it into the case as I suspect temps to climb a bit. Regardless I'm super happy with everything thus far.

Also just an fyi for some noticable things:
1. Old Case and GeminII M4 ran super hot and throttled with base settings under Prime95.
2. Dan A4 Case and Asetek 545lc AIO ran a lot cooler obviously. Video card temps are about 5'C less under full load. No throtting of the CPU at base settings and it's way quieter with this AIO/Fan setup than the previous air cooler. The power supply fan is the loudest. I didn't do any overclocking and can't remember the exact cpu temps under load but 60'C might be where it was...can't remember just being honest.
3. Delid saw at least a 20-25'C improvement based on my initial results. Like I said I didn't spend much time on phase 2 of my project but the delid was the most substantial increase in performance and I could add a conservative overclock with hardly any time spent dialing in an overclock.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Coles Notes: AIO awesome, Delid and liquid metal TIM biggest drop in temps, Dan A4 Case is wicked and don't order the wrong fan like I did.

Long version:
On the topic of AIO here's my almost complete build. I ordered the wrong size fan so I have to wait to put the slim fan on. I'm in a private location away from shipping anything in so I'll have an update in a few weeks.

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Delid with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra TIM
Delid Kit: Rockit 88 LGA 1151 Kit
CPU Cooler: Asetek 545lc AIO with Noctua NF-A9x14 Fan (Don't order the NF-A9 as it's 25mm...my current error)
Cooler to CPU TIM: Arctic MX-4
Motherboard: ASUS STRIX Z370-I GAMING
Memory: GSKILL 16GB DDR4 3200
Storage: SAMSUNG 512GB 960PRO NVME M.2 SSD
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G
Power Supply: Corsair SF600
Power Supply Cables: Corsair SF Series Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit - Black Model# CP-8920202
Case: Dan A4 SFX V2 Black

I'm running 70'C Prime95 Stable Overclock of 4.4ghz *AVX Program* and 4.8ghz on non-AVX. I tried the bios setting for the built in 5ghz mode and it immediately crashed on Prime. I will tweak settings later upon putting the smaller fan onto my cooler and loading it into the case as I suspect temps to climb a bit. Regardless I'm super happy with everything thus far.

Also just an fyi for some noticable things:
1. Old Case and GeminII M4 ran super hot and throttled with base settings under Prime95.
2. Dan A4 Case and Asetek 545lc AIO ran a lot cooler obviously. Video card temps are about 5'C less under full load. No throtting of the CPU at base settings and it's way quieter with this AIO/Fan setup than the previous air cooler. The power supply fan is the loudest. I didn't do any overclocking and can't remember the exact cpu temps under load but 60'C might be where it was...can't remember just being honest.
3. Delid saw at least a 20-25'C improvement based on my initial results. Like I said I didn't spend much time on phase 2 of my project but the delid was the most substantial increase in performance and I could add a conservative overclock with hardly any time spent dialing in an overclock.

Nice build..;) Be careful on thickness of fan..;)

In order to test Overclocked CPU, please run Intel burn test (very high mode), with HWinfo64 opened.
If you managed to finished intel burn test with success AND with no WHEA errors detected in HWinfo, you are good..;) i mean that running any torture test alone is not enough to check stability.

Reactions: Commanderwiggin

Commanderwiggin

Chassis Packer
Dec 2, 2017
Nice build..;) Be careful on thickness of fan..;)

In order to test Overclocked CPU, please run Intel burn test (very high mode), with HWinfo64 opened.
If you managed to finished intel burn test with success AND with no WHEA errors detected in HWinfo, you are good..;) i mean that running any torture test alone is not enough to check stability.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go. Also the slim 14mm fan has already been verified to fit. "The Judge" on youtube but yes I'll be careful with the cable management not interfering with the fan.

Reactions: MarcParis

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here are the first pictures of the new riser cables for the A4-SFX v3.
The cables are using Twin-Axial shielding and are able to handle PCIe 16x Gen3 without any problems.

I tested the cables in a long torture test 168 hours in Futuremark on a GTX 1070 and on a GTX 1050 (only powering through riser) without any problems.

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
Here are the first pictures of the new riser cables for the A4-SFX v3.
The cables are using Twin-Axial shielding and are able to handle PCIe 16x Gen3 without any problems.

I tested the cables in a long torture test 168 hours in Futuremark on a GTX 1070 and on a GTX 1050 (only powering through riser) without any problems.

Will this be available separately to upgrade a V2?