DAN A4-SFX v4.1

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Another small update thanks to PSlate custom cables!
The 9900K has the long power duration limited to 120W.
I am back to the brickless A4! The Aorus 2080 Ti, under load is so fucking noisy! But under stress, it never goes above 70 degrees. So it means that tweaking a bit the fan curve, it will be much better!

Heya mate , may i ask , what is that PCie x16 Gen 3 Riser cable you have and where did you get it from ?
Im asking because i see it got great length and i cant bend so much my Lian Li Riser as its too long , and it block my exhaust area on top...

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Heya mate , may i ask , what is that PCie x16 Gen 3 Riser cable you have and where did you get it from ?
Im asking because i see it got great length and i cant bend so much my Lian Li Riser as its too long , and it block my exhaust area on top...
It is the new one bought on SFFlab! But you can also buy the Li-heat 300mm, if I remember well is the Type D. It’s the perfect fit!

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
It is the new one bought on SFFlab! But you can also buy the Li-heat 300mm, if I remember well is the Type D. It’s the perfect fit!

Oh wait a minute , what is the length of the V3 Lian Li one do you know ?
How many mm is the one you have now ? Is it exactly ?
Mine extends too long on top and although I inserted a bottom fan and C7 CU temps kinda remained the same , but I believe is because I blocked the way on top...

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Oh wait a minute , what is the length of the V3 Lian Li one do you know ?
How many mm is the one you have now ? Is it exactly ?
Mine extends too long on top and although I inserted a bottom fan and C7 CU temps kinda remained the same , but I believe is because I blocked the way on top...
The V3 is the one included, and is longer than the one I am talking about.
The one in the pictures is the new available on SFFlab, I think 185mm.
The equivalent Li-Heat, is the Type D 300mm. I have pictures of it in this thread. I’ve bought it before the SFFlab one on Highflow.nl

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019

Scuph

Chassis Packer
Feb 14, 2019
@fabio I have heard that the riser is the reason some can't fit a top fan above the mobo, with the new on do you think its capable of fitting a top fan?

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
@fabio I have heard that the riser is the reason some can't fit a top fan above the mobo, with the new on do you think its capable of fitting a top fan?

I just installed fan on the bottom and I can't on the top due to the riser cable.
If it was less it would be possible...

Scuph

Chassis Packer
Feb 14, 2019
What size fan could you fit with a smaller riser? I see most put 80s in but I was wondering if with the smaller riser you could get a 92 or is that too much?

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
What size fan could you fit with a smaller riser? I see most put 80s in but I was wondering if with the smaller riser you could get a 92 or is that too much?

For the moment I got a 92x14mm Noctua Fan , I will wait to find if the riser I linked would work so I can order and try suit inside also the same Noctua Fan in there...

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The only one than can fit, even with the smaller Riser is the Asetek 80mm by 10mm (apart the 40mm noctua). But it is practically not effective.

Reactions: kanth

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
The only one than can fit, even with the smaller Riser is the Asetek 80mm by 10mm (apart the 40mm noctua). But it is practically not effective.

Fabio u tried before to fit a 92x14 mm Noctua and it won't fit ? :(

Scuph

Chassis Packer
Feb 14, 2019
When you say not effective do you mean the 40mm or both the 40 and 80mm (so basically any fan above the mobo). Sorry I forgot to quote your reply @fabio.

J-R

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2019
When you say not effective do you mean the 40mm or both the 40 and 80mm (so basically any fan above the mobo). Sorry I forgot to quote your reply @fabio.
in the bottom 40mm does not push enough air to make a difference, 80mm does somehow push a wee bit of air. and 92mm does not fit in my case. and even with the shorter riser, there is no way you can put a 92mm or 80mm on top of the motherboard. The only fan you can place on top is the 40mm which is pretty useless.
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]

Reactions: fabio

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019

Here is my shinny baby
Its a Comfy fit for the Noctua fan !
Prime95 Hits 82 with Side Panel on and 72 with Off
yet still works great at any scenario !
I wanna try fit the Noctua on Top as Well but i dont want it to get it mounted on the exterior Mesh as it would destroy my aesthetics ...
So maybe an Acasa with a 3d Printed Mount would do....
Dont mind the keyboard , my Hexgears X1 is stuck at Customs and im gonna pick it up next week ^^

Reactions: PeGys

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
@fabio

Mate may I ask since you have the ADT riser , I'm planning to get a Link up Riser which is at 200mm
Do you think that they extra 15mm will have huge impact on the space on top ?
It won't be easily slacked somewhere between the mobo and the case plate ?
I'm planning to fit an Akasa fan on top and I don't want any trouble with the riser...

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Here is my shinny baby
Its a Comfy fit for the Noctua fan !
Prime95 Hits 82 with Side Panel on and 72 with Off
yet still works great at any scenario !
I wanna try fit the Noctua on Top as Well but i dont want it to get it mounted on the exterior Mesh as it would destroy my aesthetics ...
So maybe an Acasa with a 3d Printed Mount would do....
Dont mind the keyboard , my Hexgears X1 is stuck at Customs and im gonna pick it up next week ^^
Have you tried to just disconnect the bottom fan to see how much is the temperature gain?

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Have you tried to just disconnect the bottom fan to see how much is the temperature gain?

Not really and sadly I can't check any time soon as I left the PC Back home and left for another town due to the Military service I do there....
However as soon as I go home in around 3 weeks I'm gonna go ahead and check, hopefully I will have crammed a Kingpin 1080ti in there or an FTW3...

We'll see..... For the moment im hesitating to order Noctua fans cuz if I do I'm gonna have to stick with their colour theme... And I dunno if I wanna do that
Plus I don't know if they will fit with the Riser of the 200mm...if they do they would be fabulous.. if not it's gonna be a waste of 40 euros

hauwing

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 4, 2019
I have brought the new ADT PCI-E riser and aims to get a better ventilation compare with the V3 Lian-Li PCI-E riser.

But i found that the new ADT PCI-E riser cannot go through the underneath of motherboard due to the conflict with CPU cooler backplate or M.2 SSD for ASUS motherboard. (Compare with ADT, 3M is thin and narrow, Lian-Li is more flexible)

Even through the ADT riser can go through to the back of display card, but due to the original A4 case is design for 3M PCI-E riser, it does not have enough space for ADT riser when installing a display card with backplate.

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
I have brought the new ADT PCI-E riser and aims to get a better ventilation compare with the V3 Lian-Li PCI-E riser.

But i found that the new ADT PCI-E riser cannot go through the underneath of motherboard due to the conflict with CPU cooler backplate or M.2 SSD for ASUS motherboard. (Compare with ADT, 3M is thin and narrow, Lian-Li is more flexible)

Even through the ADT riser can go through to the back of display card, but due to the original A4 case is design for 3M PCI-E riser, it does not have enough space for ADT riser when installing a display card with backplate.

It's more Thick than the Lian Li 300mm shipped with the V3???