DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Pedro

Trash Compacter
Dec 12, 2017
What 120mm AIO's run short enough lines to fit in this sort of application?

Also, what is the max card length allowed running the HDplex on the backside of the GPU chamber?

I have a V3 on order whenever they ship in a couple weeks and these options interest me very much indeed.

RelentlesSausage

Trash Compacter
May 1, 2018
anilist.co
What 120mm AIO's run short enough lines to fit in this sort of application?

Also, what is the max card length allowed running the HDplex on the backside of the GPU chamber?

I have a V3 on order whenever they ship in a couple weeks and these options interest me very much indeed.
It says on the dan cases website in the compatability section.

Reactions: Pedro

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
If you place the hdplex under the GPU next to the riser socket you will have the full length for the GPU. I will share more infos in the water cooling guide.

Theoretical it will be possible to use also two 120mm AIOs if you use a itx gpu in this configuration.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here are some impressions of the new A4-SFXv3. The pressure point of the power button is now very great, the 92mm AIO will fit without removing the front USB and today i did a first test with 120mm AIO, HDPlex PSU and full size GPU. The temps are very good in Prime95.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
As I know, sfx psu stays the same and AIO Cooler and itx gpu stay on the same side.
I understand now. It would be cool to have a bracket to allow a 120 AIO on the GPU side.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
A small setback today. I don't get the system stable with the HdPlex. The HdPlex gets brutal hot and shuts down. At first i thought it was the hot air from the Founders Edition card that blow a part of the air out on the backside to the HdPlex.

After that i tested the HdPlex on an open bench table I got the same result it shuts down after it gets really hot.

The load isn't critical because i have a Ryzen 1700 + GTX 1070. I have a power meter that showes 250W load maximum. Maybe I got a bad unit I will ask for a replacement.

Pedro

Trash Compacter
Dec 12, 2017
Question about the SFX V3.

Is there enough standoff clearance to fit an M.2 SSD mounted on the underside of the motherboard? I plan on getting a Asus H370-I ITX board and using up both the top and bottom M.2 slots.

hsolo505

Cable Smoosher
Apr 22, 2018
In anticipation of v3, I wanted to share my v2 use cases! I have to travel 2-3 times a year for work so bringing along the PC seems to be the most worthwhile method vs buying a laptop equivalent. I use a Surface 3 (non-pro) normally if there isn't time to game.

Thanks for making this possible, Dan!

*EDIT* Fixed broken images.

Last edited:
Reactions: lac29 and Nanook

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
In anticipation of v3, I wanted to share my v2 use cases! I have to travel 2-3 times a year for work so bringing along the PC seems to be the most worthwhile method vs buying a laptop equivalent.

What do you use for a travel monitor, the Surface?

Jico

What's an ITX?
May 10, 2018
Dan, I would like my next build to be in the Dan A4-SFX with the custom Dan HSLP-48 CPU cooler. Am I better off pre-ordering the A4 v3 right now, or would I save money by waiting for a bundle deal when the HSLP-48 comes out?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The Hall of Fame voting is done!

At first I like to thank everyone for being part of this voting!

In total 860 forum members were part of the survey, so the minimum score for a build could be 860 points and the maximum score 4300 points.

Here is a small picture that shows where does the votes come from:

Congratulations to the winners. This is the final ranking ordered from the highest score to the lowest:

1. 3227 points --> JtotheK
  2. 3017 points --> m0nsta
  3. 2864 points --> mbot
  4. 2737 points --> amvoit
  5. 2696 points --> dPunisher
  6. 2690 points --> Rosinbole
  7. 2676 points --> manii
  8. 2537 points --> Renovatio
  9. 2431 points --> cuppens
  10. 2157 points --> Nanook
  11. 2132 points --> CeresPK
  12. 2092 points --> Extraxyz

JtotheK, m0nsta and mbot will get an A4-SFXv2 + Window Kit. Amvoit and dPunisher will get an A4-SFXv1. I will contact you in the next days to get your color choices. Your pictures are now online in the HOF section on dan-cases.com.

Thanks everyone again. Maybe I will make a second HOF round next year so everyone will get a new chance to be in the HOF section.

With best regards

Daniel Hansen