DAN A4-SFX v4.1

NavCrow

Case Bender
New User
Mar 12, 2024
I've recently installed the Alphacool Eisbaer LT92 in my Dan A4 V1. Obviously, as the V1 does not have the holes at the bottom for airflow, i've had to drill them myself.

There's been a thread on the fitting of the radiator, and it was said that it (probably) won't fit. Thought i'd buy one, and it fits without any issues! (Altough i did have to swap out one of the fittings to a 90 degree fitting,i've used the the EK-AF Classic Angled 90°).

I did have to cross the tubes as they were too long, so the angled fitting on the motherboard side points to the gpu side. Could also just have cut the tubes ofcourse.

(More pictures Here)

In the above picture, i've fitted a NF A9x14 as that was the fan that used to be on my Dark Ridge, but it has recently been swapped to the NF-A9.

Performance and noise is great, keeping my 9900k cool. I will get some prober numbers later.

Full specs/info:
Cooler: Alphacool Eisbaer LT92 with the NF A9x14.
Fittings: 1 stock straight fitting, one has been swapped for the EK-AF Classic Angled 90°.
CPU: 9900k
Motherboard: Asus ROG Z390 Gaming-I
RAM: Gskill Trident-Z RGB 3600mhz
GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING OC
Case: Dan A4 V1
Casefan: NF A9x14 under motherboard
PSU: Corsair SF450 with NF A9x14
Storage: 2TB NVME, 1TB NVME and 1 Sata SSD
Got any longer term updates on how this turned out, thinking of trying this bad boy out?

prideauxdc

Chassis Packer
Sep 22, 2023
Has anyone ever had an issue with their GPU not fully sitting in the PCIE riser?

Just got a new 4.1 and MSI 4070 Ventus, and you can kind of see it in the image below that the left side of the GPU is higher than the right when attempting to seat the GPU fully in the riser - there's no way to get that left side to go in completely.

It looks like what's happening is the support bracket on the GPU is preventing it from fully inserting...not sure if the problem is the location of the GPU bracket (too low), PCIE cutouts in the case (too high), or the installation of the riser (too low).

Not sure what to do, other than maybe trying to drill some additional holes in the riser so that I can lift it up a few mm. Or maybe having it slightly angled is ok and won't cause any stability issues...
I had this issue yesterday while building my second Dan A4 for the wife. It’s not quite level is it? Seems to make a close enough connection for me though.

On an interesting side note; the build for my other half I wanted to make as quiet as possible and she only does light gaming. I looked at the KalmX 3050 but the specs are not worth it, even though it’s good for what it is, and the fin stacks are in the wrong orientation.

I settled on the Strix 4060 which is a three slot 310mm card (yes I know). I removed the shroud and screwed the back plate on with some nylon M2 bolt/nuts with washers (shroud holds back plate on). To my utter delight it slid right in and fits perfectly, with maybe a mm or two to spare. I like to call it the Kalmx 4060 😝
Stress tested and no worries, with the bottom fans pushing air up at minimum RPM it barely reached 70.

Reactions: Dawelio

Theelichtje

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2016
Got any longer term updates on how this turned out, thinking of trying this bad boy out?
Still using it, and still going strong! Since the picture, i've removed the PSU mounting so i had a bit more space, and squeezed the noctua 25mm in there, in place of the 14mm, gave a nice little boost in cooling and noise.

I've actually rebuild the PC yesterday, i'll post some pictures soon, i'm now using an HDPlex 500w DC-ATX underneath the gpu after my SF450 died, should be quite interesting.

This means i have now put the Alphacool 92mm rad on it's side so it has better acccess to fresh air. Wasn't able to get any benchmarks yet (also not sure anymore at what temps it ran before, but i know i wasn't able to sustain a 5ghz OC before, so interested to see how close i can get now.

Long story short, the cooler is doing great, still low noise, pump is barely audible, and cooling great! What CPU are you thinking about using it with?

Last edited:

prideauxdc

Chassis Packer
Sep 22, 2023
Still using it, and still going strong! Since the picture, i've removed the PSU mounting so i had a bit more space, and squeezed the noctua 25mm in there, in place of the 14mm, gave a nice little boost in cooling and noise.

I've actually rebuild the PC yesterday, i'll post some pictures soon, i'm now using an HDPlex 500w underneath the gpu after my SF450 died, should be quite interesting.

This means i have now put the Alphacool 92mm rad on it's side so it has better acccess to fresh air. Wasn't able to get any benchmarks yet (also not sure anymore at what temps it ran before, but i know i wasn't able to sustain a 5ghz OC before, so interested to see how close i can get now.

Long story short, the cooler is doing great, still low noise, pump is barely audible, and cooling great! What CPU are you thinking about using it with?
Interested to see how you’re fitting the HDPLEX 500

Ngeloms

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
Okay guys, so....

For whatever reason I decided to put my finger on my RAM sticks during heavy gaming and noticed they were hot as hell. Is it normal? I use my PC without side panels.