DAN A4-SFX v4.1

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Just to let you know, 5600x is hot as F"£$k, and with asetek 645lt and all possible fans that this case can fit, it's still super hot. Now when playing cyberpunk I am reaching temps 96 with this CPU ;p
This could be an stupidity but... have you checked the fan curve on the header that feeds the 645? maybe you have a "silent" mode or a very flat custom curve applied on the bios and the pump is not revving like it should 🙄

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Apr 30, 2018
I'm looking for a "CPU holder" This means a construction that you attach to the underside of the desk to put a PcTower pure. (I did not know myself). Then he must no longer stand on the floor or table.

This here would be a very inexpensive

Width from 8 to 77cm
Height from 5 to 80 cm
Depth fixed 28 cm

Do you think this is good for the Dan ? Of course the bands will block the airflow a little but for that the tower is also further away from me and I higher the more RPM not .What do you think ? Have before me an electrically adjustable table to buy and the Dan should be made below rangemacht. Would be so far less dust in the case find. Good bad ideas or do you know alternatives? Thanks

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

nice_big_cup_of_stfu

Caliper Novice
Nov 24, 2020
- Noctua NF-A9 PWM under the PSU
- Noctua NF-A9x14 HS.PWM under the mobo (this is the noisier one, I guess because it is so close to the mobo and riser cable)

.: Is it necessary that these fans follow anything, in your experience and considering I am only running a 65W TDP CPU? They are almost silent up to 30%, so I am tempted to just set them at 30% and leave them there
.: If that's not enough, is there a general fan curve you'd recommend? I am running FanControl at the moment so have them set up to follow CPU, GPU and System temps

My A9x14 HS.PWM Chromax has a loud whine above 30% or so as well - I just leave it at that and set it connected to my AIO Pump Header and have it monitor motherboard temperature.

The A9 PWM under the PSU runs at 50%+ without much noise

xtraj

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 10, 2020
My A9x14 HS.PWM Chromax has a loud whine above 30% or so as well - I just leave it at that and set it connected to my AIO Pump Header and have it monitor motherboard temperature.

The A9 PWM under the PSU runs at 50%+ without much noise
that's helpful, thanks. I think I'll have to connect them to different headers and keep the A9x14 at 30%, increase the A9 a bit

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Apr 30, 2018
Got a tip that offer a table mount for Dan in the 3D printer. Has who in use and can say something about it? Would be perfect if that goes with version 4.1 for me. Holds the stuff also what from and which material should one take to print ?

acj21

Case Bender
New User
Dec 10, 2020
Can anyone comment on the 3080 FE in the Dan Case v4 with PSU NOT flipped? What sort of temps are you getting?

Kozi

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2019
N
Got a tip that offer a table mount for Dan in the 3D printer. Has who in use and can say something about it? Would be perfect if that goes with version 4.1 for me. Holds the stuff also what from and which material should one take to print ?

IMHO not a good idea to place this „heater” under your table.

paule89

Cable Smoosher
Sep 11, 2020
Can anyone comment on the 3080 FE in the Dan Case v4 with PSU NOT flipped? What sort of temps are you getting?

I can not speak for the 3080, but for my 3060 ti adding the standoffs lowered temps and fan rpm from 81 C @ 2.700 rpm to 79 C @ 2.550 rpm. One trick was to add one extra 1 mm washer under the riser standoff directed towards the case front side, which brought about another 50-80 less rpm. In this scenario, the card has a slight angle in the case, having more distance from the middle wall in the front part of the case and thus, allowing a slightly larger gap between card and case middle wall.

BUT: I achieved by far the most by undervolting, having 73/74 C @ up to 1.900 rpm now.

My PSU was all the time in standard position.

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
When I flipped my PSU, it would overheat and shut down. Instead, I kept the PSU facing outwards and added a second set of standoffs to the riser as suggested earlier. Temps are stable at around 75-80C when stress-tested, and 70-75 with a gaming workload (including playing Cyberpunk for hours).

Mentanoo

Efficiency Noob
Jan 18, 2020

I created a lasercut spacer for the dancase V4 and up, should be in on wednesday, I'll keep you guys updated. spacer adds 4mm so the XC3 will fit with a nice custom window kit :)

Jdbye

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 22, 2020
Does anyone have the window kit template for the A4-SFX v2? Noticed it's no longer available on the official website. Been thinking of getting some custom windows made, for improved air flow (and also for looks)

neoberg

Cable Smoosher
Dec 18, 2020
Hello, I am currently gathering the parts for a build with 3070fe and ryzen 5 5600x. I will use Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 with the 3d printed vent. As I understand I also need to raise the card from the middle wall. But I couldn't figure out what configuration I should use for the case fans. Does anyone have any experience or ideas for a setup like this?

Min_Ahn

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2017
Hello, I have the v2 with 3M PCIe 2.0 riser. I recently upgraded my system to 5800x B550 RTX3080.
It had no issue when the card was directly installed on the motherboard, but when I installed everything in the case, the monitor goes into power saving mode during Windows boot circle.
I tried changing the PCIe gen setting from auto to all 1-4 but no luck. Entering the Windows Safe mode still works though.
Is PCIe riser the absolute suspect in this case?

Also, how do you know if the riser is 2.0 or 4.0 when they share the same parts number? The riser that came with my v2 has the parts number 8KC3-0726-0300 which is exactly the same as the PCIe 4.0

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

-Does the riser sits correctly in the socket?
-Is the riser visual damaged?
- Did you tried to power off your monitor and powered on again after the boot is done?

Min_Ahn

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2017

-Does the riser sits correctly in the socket?
-Is the riser visual damaged?
- Did you tried to power off your monitor and powered on again after the boot is done?
I had to plug in the GPU directly on the MOBO > bios > Pcie gen 3, CSM off > plug in riser with gpu > solved

nhatminh2h

Cable Smoosher
Dec 23, 2020
Hello, I am currently gathering the parts for a build with 3070fe and ryzen 5 5600x. I will use Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 with the 3d printed vent. As I understand I also need to raise the card from the middle wall. But I couldn't figure out what configuration I should use for the case fans. Does anyone have any experience or ideas for a setup like this?
Just finished my build with a similar setup. As recommended by nearly everyone, I went with both bottom fans as exhaust and CPU fan as intake