DAN A4-SFX v4.1

dank

Efficiency Noob
Nov 16, 2020
Got my GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC 8G today 👌 It's a bit loud so I'll most likely undervolt it. It went up to 74C after 10 minutes of Unigine Heaven running. Now I need to find Ryzen 5 5600x in stock and update the other side of the sandwich as well (currently it's i7-8700 (non-k)) and also install 2 noctua fans at the bottom (the one currently installed is a fan that comes with Alpenfohn Black Ridge and it's loud af).

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The normal boost clock frequency for mine is 1860-1890MHz.
In demanding games GPU operates at the temperature limit of 83 degrees and has to drop the clock frequency by ~100Mhz to stay under the limit.

Based on the tech sheet max turbo is 1800 or 1770 depending on running mode. So you are absolutely within the specs. Throttling is the wrong word for your situation, because in the IT world it means “running under/lower specs”. Also the turbo is nothing that is guaranteed 100% of running time. It is only designed for a short period or peeks. As long your card reach 1635 it is not throttling.

Sorry for beeing "correct to a dot " but I want to make clear having a blower card isn't not that bad.

Last edited:

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Apr 30, 2018
I didn't know until a few days ago what the difference is between a blower card and an open-air cool version *sham*. That's why I never checked why people always discuss intake outtake when it comes to the case fans.

Is that better suited for a blower card ? ( then the 3060 TI Founder Edition would work for me ) or a costum card with an open-air cooler version ?

Do you have to install the case fans in or out depending on what kind of graphics card is installed in the Dan ( want to install both on the ground ) or is there only one optimal direction no matter which graphics card and why do some people turn their power supply and maybe the effect of how I have to install the fans ?

NIGEL

Efficiency Noob
Sep 4, 2020
Struck out on 3090,3080 and 3070, but I did manage to bag a 3060ti AIB.

Installed it in to DanA4, but not sure what to do next?

Temps seem to be around 74 playing Fortnite.

Is there any way of adding a bit of clearance between the back of the GPU and the power supply? Do I need it?

Anyways, here’s a pic! Any help is greatly appreciated.

PorKOON

Efficiency Noob
Nov 19, 2020
If you don't need the extra mobo standoffs that come with the case, use two of them (on top of the ones already installed) to extend the GPU riser out. The extra 5mm of clearance makes a huge difference on the 3080 FE, but not sure about a 3060 AIB.

Reactions: NIGEL

NIGEL

Efficiency Noob
Sep 4, 2020
Were these in the box?
I’ll need to have a dig around for them.
is there a guide / pics / video of what I should be doing?

Thanks / apologies in advance!

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Hi @dondan could you consider also this layout for the spacer: It looks like way more natural following the curves of the dan in my opinion. A spacer like that in alluminum would be top notch! ;)

Last edited:

flacman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2016
Hi @dondan

I'm own the original Kickstarter version of the A4-SFX. Would any of your side panel concepts to date be backwards compatible?

xtraj

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 10, 2020
Hi @dondan

Hoping you can help me with the finishing touches on the build on your awesome case. I am having some problems with noise due to the case fans. I have 2 Noctua fans, both as exhaust:

- Noctua NF-A9 PWM under the PSU
- Noctua NF-A9x14 HS.PWM under the mobo (this is the noisier one, I guess because it is so close to the mobo and riser cable)

They both share a fan header so they are both controlled together.

My questions:

.: Is it necessary that these fans follow anything, in your experience and considering I am only running a 65W TDP CPU? They are almost silent up to 30%, so I am tempted to just set them at 30% and leave them there
.: If that's not enough, is there a general fan curve you'd recommend? I am running FanControl at the moment so have them set up to follow CPU, GPU and System temps

The rest of the system:

- Mobo: MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi
- CPU: Ryzen 5600x
- Cooler: Alpenfohn Black Ridge + 92mm Noctua fan set as intake through the heatsink
- PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum
- GPU: Radeon RX 6800 reference

Thank you!

acj21

Case Bender
New User
Dec 10, 2020
In order to fit the 3080 FE in a Dan case a4, does it HAVE to be flipped or is there any way to not do the ol flip?

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Hi @dondan

Hoping you can help me with the finishing touches on the build on your awesome case. I am having some problems with noise due to the case fans. I have 2 Noctua fans, both as exhaust:

- Noctua NF-A9 PWM under the PSU
- Noctua NF-A9x14 HS.PWM under the mobo (this is the noisier one, I guess because it is so close to the mobo and riser cable)

They both share a fan header so they are both controlled together.

My questions:

.: Is it necessary that these fans follow anything, in your experience and considering I am only running a 65W TDP CPU? They are almost silent up to 30%, so I am tempted to just set them at 30% and leave them there
.: If that's not enough, is there a general fan curve you'd recommend? I am running FanControl at the moment so have them set up to follow CPU, GPU and System temps

The rest of the system:

- Mobo: MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi
- CPU: Ryzen 5600x
- Cooler: Alpenfohn Black Ridge + 92mm Noctua fan set as intake through the heatsink
- PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum
- GPU: Radeon RX 6800 reference

Thank you!
Just to let you know, 5600x is hot as F"£$k, and with asetek 645lt and all possible fans that this case can fit, it's still super hot. Now when playing cyberpunk I am reaching temps 96 with this CPU ;p

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
Just to let you know, 5600x is hot as F"£$k, and with asetek 645lt and all possible fans that this case can fit, it's still super hot. Now when playing cyberpunk I am reaching temps 96 with this CPU ;p

Honestly sounds like you have an issue with your installation or your asetek unit. The 5600x is very well documented to run cooler even then the 3600 when running on stock settings. I have one installed in a slim console case under a small air cooler (Thermalright AXP-90) and temps are well under control when loaded.

Reactions: Thommy and riba2233

Kozi

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2019
See my previous posts, I’m running same setup but with 5800x which gets even hotter and temps while gaming never cross 80C. You have to use liquid metal though like Grizzly Condactonaut. Still 95C seems too high for me, are u sure you have applied your TP correctly?