DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
I managed to put 5800x with Asetek and used liquid metal (grizzly condactonaut). In OCCT it reached max 93C. I set it to 4500 Mhz and 1.25V in Bios and it goes up to 90 max. I will run Cinebench later to see what is the performance degradation and will post results here (provided that I will get my Dan back which got lost with my luggage at the airport :-)

The issue will be more present with faster memory like 4000MHz, because the "Infinity fabric" will put a serious toll on your FCLK voltage :)

Reactions: Kozi

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
FINALLY arrived!!!
RTX 3090 in DAN A4

Because many people keeps asking me on PM, I'm adding a 3dMark TimeSpy benchmark
(no overclock or undervolt applied): https://www.3dmark.com/spy/15297839

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
Thanks for all that info folks, i reckon i'll be keeping the 3950x for a good few years though if I was buying now, the 5950 single threaded boost is really impressive. Interesting point on the ram too if that'll choke the 3080, I've got corsair 3200 lpx so that'll have to be looked at!

kondrat2004

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 16, 2020
Hi, not sure if this is very important, but after upgrade to 3080 had 2070 left unused but too thick to fir DAN A4.

Using some already available files for spacer was able to make 17mm thick one and added some LEDs to it.

Great case to have with an option even to expand if necessary.

Thanks,

Denis

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Hi, not sure if this is very important, but after upgrade to 3080 had 2070 left unused but too thick to fir DAN A4.

Using some already available files for spacer was able to make 17mm thick one and added some LEDs to it.

Great case to have with an option even to expand if necessary.

Thanks,

Denis

That looks great! Share your 3D file... please?

thomaddox4

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
So, 6800XT won't fit

6800 should be a perfect fit, though, and seems like a great option for 1440p. I'll be trying to grab one on launch day, should be more stock than the XT.

On a side note, how long does shipping from Germany to the US usually take? Dondan sent RMA parts to me over a month ago, and I'm a bit concerned they got lost in the mail somewhere along the way.

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Apr 30, 2018
Dan doesn't want to make competition here but what do you think would be the better case for a 5800x/5900x and a 6800XT ? The DAN or Ncase ?

For the 2.5 slot story I could get a spacer. https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/dan-a4-sfx.252/page-199#post-228297

In the Dan one would have to reduce TDP with the CPU probably to 65 and undervolt the graphics card for a pleasant volume ?

I like the size of the Dan. I think it is dead fancy. :/. But I can't decide what is more useful now. This is one of those things where you have to have both cases here and try to change the hardware and then decide :(. It is noticeably bigger and more massive.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Dan doesn't want to make competition here but what do you think would be the better case for a 5800x/5900x and a 6800XT ? The DAN or Ncase ?
if you are considering the Ncase M1 and have enough patience, may want to consider waiting on the Dan C4 instead. Slightly smaller than the M1 yet better parts compatibility, better visual designs (IMO), and you would still be supporting Dan and his awesome cases.

the only downside is that there is no ETA yet, but you will also not likely to get a 6800XT at launch or in 2020 anyways ?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Request A4-SFX v5?:

I am currently in the process of ordering the next batch of A4-SFX. I have the idea to make the case 5mm more wide to support 2.5 Slot GPUs. With this change all new AMD cards will fit.

The volume will be increase from 7.2L to 7.6L.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Kozi

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2019
Request A4-SFX v5?:

I am currently in the process of ordering the next batch of A4-SFX. I have the idea to make the case 5mm more wide to support 2.5 Slot GPUs. With this change all new AMD cards will fit.

What do you think?
Fucking ??

Kozi

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2019
I managed to put 5800x with Asetek and used liquid metal (grizzly condactonaut). In OCCT it reached max 93C. I set it to 4500 Mhz and 1.25V in Bios and it goes up to 90 max. I will run Cinebench later to see what is the performance degradation and will post results here (provided that I will get my Dan back which got lost with my luggage at the airport :-)
Managed to get my Dan back so I played a little more with the new Ryzen 7 5800x. On Asus X570-I gaming with the latest beta firmware I managed to stabilise CPU at 4600Mhz applying 1.24V. It successfully passed OCCT linpack test with highest temp peak at 92C (ambient room temp 24C). This is with grizzly condactonaut so I would expect worse temps with normal thermal paste. Cinebench r23 results: 1512 single core and 15438 multi core. I believe it could be a nice combo with new 6800 cards after Dan release 2.5 slot version of the case.

Blitzhex

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2018
What about dan-a5? The same case, but stands vertical for less footprint, similar to velka 7.
Tbh, I find 3d printing a spacer for the gpu door a good enough solution. A 2.5 slot dan will have similar problems to our current 2 slot. AIB will start making 2.5 or 2.6 slot cards that make the fans come too close to the door, causing air turbulence noise. A spacer can be printed to your needs.

thomaddox4

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
Request A4-SFX v5?:

What do you think?
Why not make it a 7-10mm increase instead? Lots of partner cards are slightly thicker than 2.5 slots, 2.7 especially seems to be common. A little bit of wiggle room never hurts, and a couple mm gap will reduce turbulence even for smaller cards.

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
Request A4-SFX v5?:

What do you think?

Don't do it unless you will still gonna support production for the current 112 mm. batch.
A 120 mm. would be far too thick to fit inside DSLR bags for travel!
There still gonna be 2 slot Blower cards for 6000 series as they support Crossfire configuration :)