DAN A4-SFX v4.1

sashmt85

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2020
If I saw it correctly, 6800XT doesn't fit even without the side panel (the left stand on the back interferes with the GPU's shroud), so even a spacer can't help.

Same observation over here. I‘d jump on an opportunity to replace my 4.1 with something that accommodates vs.trying my hand at making it fit with a metal saw ?

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Would this also benefit those of us wanting to be able to fit a larger radiator for the CPU?
Possibly, but if it's a 120mm rad, then there's an even better usecase: a thinner radiator! With this v5, I could use an XSPC TX120 (that's 20mm) with the 25mm thick Noctua NF-A12x25! That I would like a lot.

Reactions: ahillelt

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
Managed to get my Dan back so I played a little more with the new Ryzen 7 5800x. On Asus X570-I gaming with the latest beta firmware I managed to stabilise CPU at 4600Mhz applying 1.24V. It successfully passed OCCT linpack test with highest temp peak at 92C (ambient room temp 24C). This is with grizzly condactonaut so I would expect worse temps with normal thermal paste. Cinebench r23 results: 1512 single core and 15438 multi core. I believe it could be a nice combo with new 6800 cards after Dan release 2.5 slot version of the case.
Can't you just run any high-end AMD chip in Eco mode at 65W, rather than tweaking voltages directly?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Request
Yesterday I asked you about what do you think about a new revision of the A4-SFX (named v5) that does have support for 2.5 slot gpus. The response on the forums and reddit was very positive and many customers would love support for 2.5 Slot gpus. Yesterday I read many time "please offer spacer" so I throught around the idea and came up with this. Optional spacer side panels. These panels are some slices every 4mm that are stacked up. So the space you can see in the picture will add 8mm more space. I could be possible to offer these also on the CPU side. The main advantage of this solution is no change required to the original A4 and everyone is able to upgrade.

What do you like the most these optional side panels or a A4-SFX that has 5mm more in width?

broseph11

Cable Smoosher
Sep 30, 2020
@Nichronos is right. Side panels is by far the best option with this case. You will just have to make them as aesthetically pleasing as possible. That should make this the most sought after SFF case due to its versatility. I'm on the v4 case and am tired of telling my friends I can't upgrade due to size limitations and availability of video cards.

7empest

Cable Smoosher
Nov 18, 2020
@dondan
I've created an account here to offer feedback to your post:)
I think it is the best approach to offer a spacer.
An advantage to designing a new wider case could be that a new bottom tray maybe could fit 120 mm fans. Other than that, I don't see the benefits oh a new wider design.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Hi, is it possible to install Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OC and keeping side panel off?

No the Gigabyte card a solid area in the zone between 2 Slot bracket and top of the cooler. It requires to be open to slide the back case lap in this zone. The Asus RTX 3080 TUF will fit (btw. this is the better card)

zeair

Efficiency Noob
May 6, 2020
No the Gigabyte card a solid area in the zone between 2 Slot bracket and top of the cooler. It requires to be open to slide the back case lap in this zone. The Asus RTX 3080 TUF will fit (btw. this is the better card)

There problem is I only have this Gigabyte avaliable to be ordered today :D I was waiting for rx6800xt fe but seems it will not fit either with side panel off

zeair

Efficiency Noob
May 6, 2020
Sold my 2080 super with good price and now temporary a on ....9550 GT :D Can't finish my 4k video from the holiday :D

sashmt85

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2020
@dondan I'm wondering if there's any way around this limitation going forward, apart from getting a card that doesn't have the "solid area between 2 slot bracket and top of the cooler" as you say and pulling out a metal saw (while risking the structural integrity of the case). I currently have a 15mm 3d-printed spacer attached and could make that fit such cards as the reference 6800 XT as well but maybe there's merit in also making a tweak to the next revision of the case?

See red markings here:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Request
Yesterday I asked you about what do you think about a new revision of the A4-SFX (named v5) that does have support for 2.5 slot gpus. The response on the forums and reddit was very positive and many customers would love support for 2.5 Slot gpus. Yesterday I read many time "please offer spacer" so I throught around the idea and came up with this. Optional spacer side panels. These panels are some slices every 4mm that are stacked up. So the space you can see in the picture will add 8mm more space. I could be possible to offer these also on the CPU side. The main advantage of this solution is no change required to the original A4 and everyone is able to upgrade.

What do you like the most these optional side panels or a A4-SFX that has 5mm more in width?

I prefer optional side panels since it allows me to go back to my A4 v4.1

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
I also prefer the optional side panels because they automatically improve capacity on all the A4 family, adding more breath also.
Looking at the renders a question comes to mind: the panel will be attached by the clips only or can be secured by the bottom M3 screws too? Since some users (not me) take the case with them on travels and such, maybe only clip attachment could become a little fragile on the long term.