DAN A4-SFX v4.1

krinkle

Cable Smoosher
Sep 17, 2018
Hello all, I am new to SFF builds but am looking at putting the following build together in an DAN A4-SFX V3. My only question is what is the most CPU I can use in stock form (no de-lidding, no OC) with this component list safely:

- Asetek 545LC 92mm Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
- Noctua NF-A9x14 Fan
- Asus - ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
- Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
- Samsung - 970 Pro 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
- Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Turbo Video Card
- Corsair - SF 600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply

Alternately what is the most CPU I could run with this list if I de-lid/liquid metal the CPU.

Alternately again, what if I scrapped the Intel platform, what AMD MB/CPU would you recommend under these same to circumstances?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

george5

Caliper Novice
Sep 26, 2017
Hello all, I am new to SFF builds but am looking at putting the following build together in an DAN A4-SFX V3. My only question is what is the most CPU I can use in stock form (no de-lidding, no OC) with this component list safely:

- Asetek 545LC 92mm Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
- Noctua NF-A9x14 Fan
- Asus - ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
- Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
- Samsung - 970 Pro 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
- Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Turbo Video Card
- Corsair - SF 600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply

Alternately what is the most CPU I could run with this list if I de-lid/liquid metal the CPU.

Alternately again, what if I scrapped the Intel platform, what AMD MB/CPU would you recommend under these same to circumstances?

Thanks for your help!
9700k/9900k?

krinkle

Cable Smoosher
Sep 17, 2018
9700k/9900k?

I thought of that, but we probably aren't going to see those CPU's readily available until November, at least that's my guess. They are suppose to be easier to cool because of the soldered heat spreader.

What about of available CPU's in the market today?

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
Anxiously waiting for mine to come in, apparently is being processed through customs currently. Never seen that happen before, oh well. Hopefully it will go quick.

Edit - and its out of customs, thankfully.

Interested in hearing about any feet mods to the case as well.

Last edited:

azagar

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 22, 2016
As I'm contemplating purchasing an A4 like I always do I noticed the black model with riser is currently sold out. I have a question, I own a 3M twin axial riser 250mm. Will it work or is it 50mm too short? Because I remember that the stock riser for the A4 was a custom 300mm riser before the Lian Li V3 revision. Also anyone have any builds with the AR11 cooler? Thinking that is what I'll be going with.

Last edited:

MajinCookie

What's an ITX?
Sep 20, 2018
Any ETA on when the black model with riser will be available again? Thanks!

EDIT; It's now back on the store! I just ordered mine! Woooo

Last edited:
Reactions: Ouija

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
Are there plans in the future for a 4th revision @dondan ?
Specifically I'm interested in if there will be mounting options for the new HDPLEX 400w AC-DC adapter

krinkle

Cable Smoosher
Sep 17, 2018
Are there plans in the future for a 4th revision @dondan ?
Specifically I'm interested in if there will be mounting options for the new HDPLEX 400w AC-DC adapter

It supports that in V3, from his website:

"What's new in v3?
With v3 we try to reduce our production time and lower the retail price. Therefor the v3 comes with a brand new riser made by Lian Li. The new riser cabel will support PCIe 16x Gen3.

Lian Li PCIe 16x Gen3 riser (black PCB and cabes)
Adjustments to the USB3.0 internal cable to be compatible with Asetek 92mm AIO
Improvements to the power button to optimise the pressure point
Adding mount points for HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX
Mounting bracket for 120mm AIO"

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
It supports that in V3, from his website:

"What's new in v3?
With v3 we try to reduce our production time and lower the retail price. Therefor the v3 comes with a brand new riser made by Lian Li. The new riser cabel will support PCIe 16x Gen3.

Lian Li PCIe 16x Gen3 riser (black PCB and cabes)
Adjustments to the USB3.0 internal cable to be compatible with Asetek 92mm AIO
Improvements to the power button to optimise the pressure point
Adding mount points for HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX
Mounting bracket for 120mm AIO"

I'm aware that the V3 supports the HDPLEX 400W HIFI DC-ATX.
I'm referring to the upcoming 400W AC-DC adapter not the DC-ATX.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Will there be a future mod that allow a 240mm Aio on the top similar to Louqe ghost s1? I would love to own this case but want to use 240mm Aio :/

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Will there be a future mod that allow a 240mm Aio on the top similar to Louqe ghost s1? I would love to own this case but want to use 240mm Aio :/
The case is narrower than 120mm, however you could use a pedestal that the case stands on and attaches via QDC's, however like the above states, the Dan C4 will be your best bet.