DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Or a mod to allow dual 184mm aio (dual 92mm fans) for water cooling. That would be nice to sit that on top or bottom of the Dan case.

Hub

Cable Smoosher
Sep 24, 2018
Hi guys! Really like the case and thinking about to buy it. But I want to get best thermals with it. So I thought maybe I could put there the thickest radiator possible with 2 fans Corsair H80i. So it would take the powersupply place and put mini-itx gpu one the back. And somehow find a place for HDPLEX 400W on the back. All with custom brackest and connectors. What to you think? Will there be any place for that?

thanks owner for original images

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Thank you DAN for making such a great case!

I'd like to share my build log with DAN SFX-v3, Asetek 545LC AIO, Asus H370-I, i7-8700, GTX1070/RTX2080

Let me know what you think of the build. I'm happy to answer questions and share my experience.

Love the build mate! Gorgeous noctua themed cables there!

I've just installed my EVGA 1080ti FTW3 and am waiting on my Asetek 545LC and the low profile USB cable (I have a v2 case).
No rush since I'm planning on using it on a 9700k/9900k when they release as my 8400 doesn't surpass 65 degrees with my L9i.

Still not sure how I'm gonna manage the cabling... At this stage I think I may be best using the PSU default cables under the GPU to make clearance for the AIO then connect the extensions around it, but will have to wait and see when I have it all I guess.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Has anyone manage to fit a slim/low profile noctua fan under and above the motherboard? I was looking into a NF-A9x14 fan that is 14mm thick and would possibly fit under the motherboard. Considering that it would intake air from bottom and pushing upwards as heat rises.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Thought I'd chuck up some photos of my 1080ti FTW3 installed, although the sides are off while I figured out my cabling:

Waiting on my 545LC, V3 USB cable and i7 9900k upgrade before I call this build complete.
I will say thought that the A4 has been an absolute joy and a pleasure to own and work with.
I don't think I've ever enjoyed a case or system as much as I have the A4 and continue to be blown away by the quality, performance and ease of portability of this thing!

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Thought I'd chuck up some photos of my 1080ti FTW3 installed, although the sides are off while I figured out my cabling:

Waiting on my 545LC, V3 USB cable and i7 9900k upgrade before I call this build complete.
I will say thought that the A4 has been an absolute joy and a pleasure to own and work with.
I don't think I've ever enjoyed a case or system as much as I have the A4 and continue to be blown away by the quality, performance and ease of portability of this thing!
That looks beautiful. I have the same idea as well with Corsair RGB strip since my Mobo has a Corsair RGB port.

Reactions: Tazpr

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Could you take a pic or two of how you set up the RGB strips? :)
I can try, they're pretty hidden though. What I have though is the Phanteks digital rgb kit, comes with 2 addressable strips, a 3 pin adapter and extension cable which is all you need. The push pin clips on the case actually have enough space between them and the chassis to slide the strips under which holds them in place perfectly, then they mount magnetically to the vertical portions of the case. For the price I highly recommend the Phanteks kit. Was $40 for me with everything I needed to light the whole system.

Shochan

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2018
After like 2 setups and hours of cable management, this is my current system. Tried to cramm in everything i could possibly think of.
Spec list:
i7 7700K delidded @4,7Ghz
Z270i Strix
16GB corsair vengeance LPX
Samsung 960 EVO m.2 500GB
Samsung 860 EVO m.2 1TB
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
GTX 1080 Strix A8G
Corsair SF600
Asetek 545lc
2x Noctua NF-A9x14
2 custom made RGB strips
Im still not happy with my cable management, but i never made custom cables. I think that will be my next step.

Reactions: SashaLag

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Anyone managed to fit asetek 92 mm AIO and ftw 3 in the case?
People have, I'm waiting on my 545lc and will post pics when I get it of it all installed and set up.

In response to the above request for a 240mm pedestal, I myself would love a 30mm thick extension to the bottom of my Dan for airflow and better cooling for the radiator. I'm wondering if I could make something that only requires connecting the fans, almost like a cooling base for the case.

Maybe further to that, I reckon a desk with a build in 184mm cooling plate would be pretty neat XD

Edit: you know what I just thought of, what about a Louqe Ghost S1 top hat as a DanCase pedestal? You can buy the top hats and grill separately to the case, which would allow you to potentially and quite stylishly add an external radiator via the enclosure and maybe some larger openings in the bottom of the A4.
In my use of a medium tophat with 2 120mm Redux fans, I could plug in the pedestal at home for additional airflow and cooling, then unplug it for lans. Would cost about $110 including shipping after my kickstarter discount... Hmmmm

Last edited:

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
People have, I'm waiting on my 545lc and will post pics when I get it of it all installed and set up.

In response to the above request for a 240mm pedestal, I myself would love a 30mm thick extension to the bottom of my Dan for airflow and better cooling for the radiator. I'm wondering if I could make something that only requires connecting the fans, almost like a cooling base for the case.

Maybe further to that, I reckon a desk with a build in 184mm cooling plate would be pretty neat XD

Edit: you know what I just thought of, what about a Louqe Ghost S1 top hat as a DanCase pedestal? You can buy the top hats and grill separately to the case, which would allow you to potentially and quite stylishly add an external radiator via the enclosure and maybe some larger openings in the bottom of the A4.
In my use of a medium tophat with 2 120mm Redux fans, I could plug in the pedestal at home for additional airflow and cooling, then unplug it for lans. Would cost about $110 including shipping after my kickstarter discount... Hmmmm

It wouldn't really work because of the size. Unless there is a 3d printed cage or adapter for the top hat to the dan case. Maybe though. But there is a 184mm rad aio so maybe somehow there could be a way to mount that on the bottom of the dan case with some mod and use the loop for gpu and cpu with 2x 92mm noctua slim fans.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Now that i think of it, i am very curious to see how a top hat can exist for this case. I would love to see the use of 184mm aio custom loop with this case and dual noctua a9x14 fans at the bottom pulling air from radiator...

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Does anyone know how much space there is under the motherboard and whether there is enough space for a 12mm 100mm Scythe fan?

TGAIO

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
Will the new Alpenföhn Fan have an increased Performance against the noctua?

Sorry for the english, native language is german ^^