Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

Flybird

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
-Does anyone now use the I7 7700 + 1080TI MINI solution? I want to ask about the heat?
-IS the PCIe riser 3M or not,my friend told me if the PCIe riser not 3m,it will be an error occurred。I want ask someone who using the case.
@W1NN1NG @sergiiua

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I don't think any of sergiis cases that have gotten to customers so far can fit a 1080ti mini.

I haven't noticed any issues with the riser personally. Its a 300mm Liheat D.Type, Sergio says so in his first post.
To my knowledge, 3M, LiHeat and HDPlex siflex are all good risers.

Flybird

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
I don't think any of sergiis cases that have gotten to customers so far can fit a 1080ti mini.

I haven't noticed any issues with the riser personally. Its a 300mm Liheat D.Type, Sergio says so in his first post.
To my knowledge, 3M, LiHeat and HDPlex siflex are all good risers.
thanks for answer my questions.i want know much details.why can't fit,heat?psu power?or others.if the 1080ti can't use.I will buy the3.24l .

Reactions: Biowarejak

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
thanks for answer my questions.i want know much details.why can't fit,heat?psu power?or others.if the 1080ti can't use.I will buy the3.24l .
CASE MINI itx 4.16L
Specs:
- Volume: 4.16L (105mm x 180mm x 220mm)
- Weight 0.8kg
- GPU: length <215mm, height <132mm (ZOTAC GTX 1080ti mini compatible)
- CPU Cooler: up to 37mm (Noctua L9i recommended)
- RAM: up to 40 mm
- Storage: M.2 /1xSSD 2.5"
- PSU: DC-ATX up to 36.5mm - PicoPSU-160-XT (160W) or G-Unique (from 220W to 400W)
- PCIe riser: LiHeat 300mm D.type

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
I say won't got because unless one or more of the 4.16L version of the case had made it to customers, then no one has one of these big enough to fit it.

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
Honestly, this chassis will be fine with heat. It is literally drawing air directly from the outside onto both the CPU and GPU. People are getting all worried because there is no other active fans. There is a reason for that - doesn't need them! Most cases have fans to get cool air from the outside to where they are needed - not required here.

Skeo

Chassis Packer
Apr 3, 2017
I say won't got because unless one or more of the 4.16L version of the case had made it to customers, then no one has one of these big enough to fit it.
I picked mine up today since I missed the delivery yesterday.

First impressions -- the case looks pretty good. I didn't expect the case to be as light as it is with it being metal and all. The finish on the case seems decent as well. However, I'm a little disappointed in some of the details. The main perpetrator is the PSU cut-out. It looks hacked together even though other cases don't have this problem. I asked Sergii to extend the original case so that the volume was 3.96L and it was changed to 4.16L without communicating any of the details to me (this isn't so bad but this information can change someone's opinion on whether they still want the case or not). I thought I ordered a black case, but it's white? I'm probably just an idiot and ordered white somehow but for future purchases, it would be wise to include some kind of invoice with all of the customizations. Lastly, it feelsbad knowing that I paid extra for a custom length case that Sergii now offers as a normal priced case. I hope this post doesn't come across as too whiny as I'm still incredibly thankful. Cheers.

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
@Skeo absolutely not. All fair criticisms (except for paint since we don't know about that. Agree invoice is a good call though).

@sergiiua hope the quality assurance on latest batch is a little bit better. Do appreciate this was a custom order so things like the top holes being offset are something that maybe couldn't be avoided etc.

Johnboy

Chassis Packer
Aug 4, 2017
Damn, that PSU cut-out is way out of line (literally). Kinda disappointing wait for so long and come across with that.
@sergiiua what happened? You've lost that loving feeling?

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
Honestly, this chassis will be fine with heat. It is literally drawing air directly from the outside onto both the CPU and GPU. People are getting all worried because there is no other active fans. There is a reason for that - doesn't need them! Most cases have fans to get cool air from the outside to where they are needed - not required here.

That, in my opinion, oversimplifies heat dissipation. Have big or multiple holes and you won't have any heat problems. The parts are still enclosed in a case and heat build-up can happen depending on the parts you have and the use you have of your computer. Since we're limited on the CPU heatsink, once might want to use the L9I. It's a very good heatsink, but it has a flaw. It doesn't send the air everywhere. So if, for example, your southbridge is positioned in such a way that your L9I doesn't blow air on it, the will have a harder time to move away from the heatsink of the southbridge. Granted, for something of the sort to happen, and I'm not specifically pointing to the southbridge as the exclusively being the one stop shop for heat problems, you need something that will generate a lot of heat, say a 7700K and a 1080, and running something that would generate a lot of heat.

But lets face it. Until we get some real benchmark, what I'm saying is speculation that isn't proven, but so is saying the contrary. My point, we need real world testing. But what I do believe could actually be a problem is the overheat of the M.2 SSD. On that, I had done some research last year and found some interesting stuff. For everyone that has a M.2 connector in the back, it's a real possibility in a case this small with so moving air in the back and possibly covered by the PCIe cable. Overheat of the SSD shouldn't make it fail, but what will happen is throttling. You can read on it here. So even though you might be playing a game or using some software that makes your computer generate a lot of heat and the SSD might be used that much, it could be the opposite for someone else for which the SSD throttling could be a problem. Putting a heatsink on it might help.

I'm not saying this a problem for most of us. I don't think this is gonna be a problem for me. I just don't want people saying it's not gonna be a problem at all when that's not true. It can be in some circumstances. As they say, your mileage may vary.

Acalanata

Trash Compacter
May 26, 2017
Hey @Skeo and @Curiosity! I have a question for both:

What type of freight was shipped to you? Also, the tracking code began with what letter (R, L, C, E)? I'm a little worried because here in Brazil the orders that are sent in the economic freight (stars wirh R letter) take many days to be delivered (untill 105 days!)

Reactions: W1NN1NG

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Heat had not been an issue in my case yet, temps seem to be about the same as they were in my S4 mini.

@Acalanata RA153068XXXUA for mine.