Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Is there an option for replacing the power input hole with a square hole at the size of HDPLEX Modular Bridge? (i think it fits below the gpu ports)

And how strict are the cpu cooler and ram heights?? Do 40mm rams or 43/48mm cpu coolers fit?? In case they are not, is there any other 37mm cpu cooler out there than L9i???

EDIT: the same questions may also be asked (and answered if you want) about the other project you are developing, the 2.99L case.

3.24L and 2.99L cases have the same specs:
  • 37mm - max height for CPU
  • 40mm - max height for RAM
  • 38mm - max height for PicoPSU
HDPLEX is not supported.

zhl146

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 14, 2016
Are you planning to bundle the gunique psu with your case at some point? It would make sense since it's the only psu you support and would save your customers some trouble.

Reactions: Acalanata

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
What are the maximum dimensions on the DC-DC unit for this case and what aspect of the HDPlex makes it not supported? Too tall? Too thick?

Flexon

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2017
Hey, I am new here but this looks really amazing. I like the price too it's cheaper than Dan a4 case.

I wonder how the temperatures would be when running a GTX 1070 in this case. Has this case been tested with a GTX 1070 yet?

I have another question too. The Dan a4 case has been reported to have problem with high noise during load when using a CPU fan that's too close to the vent holes. Since the CPU fan in this case necessarily is close to the vent holes too (even using Noctua L9i) could this be a problem?

How have you experienced the noise levels to be during load?

Last edited:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
The email I was sent by Larry at HdPlex states that their plug in DC unit is 34.7mm above the 24pin connector of the motherboard. I have one on order and can attempt it when my case arrives unless CustomMod has already and it definitely won't fit.

If not perhaps GUnique can work out a 6+2 option at some point for those beefy bricks they have.

wabbitro

Caliper Novice
Feb 17, 2017
well my order was placed with it a while back and is shipping soon lol. its a "custom" option when they ask if you want custom cable length and connectors.

Reactions: Curiosity

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Ok. I place an order and asked for it as an option but haven't had an answer. I may go through the order form again and check that out. Thanks!

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hey, I am new here but this looks really amazing. I like the price too it's cheaper than Dan a4 case.

I wonder how the temperatures would be when running a GTX 1070 in this case. Has this case been tested with a GTX 1070 yet?

I have another question too. The Dan a4 case has been reported to have problem with high noise during load when using a CPU fan that's too close to the vent holes. Since the CPU fan in this case necessarily is close to the vent holes too (even using Noctua L9i) could this be a problem?

How have you experienced the noise levels to be during load?

GTX 1070 is not tested. Three our customets will use it, they'll share temps later.

L9i works without any noise issues. 3mm between L9i and side panel.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
;)