Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

DontPeek

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2016
I really like this case but the layout really limits you on CPU cooler size. I would love to see a version with a more traditional layout, without a riser cable, that could support 130mm tall coolers like the ncase. That would allow coolers like the Noctua NH-C14, Bequiet Dark Rock TF, and 140mm AIO coolers. It would still be really small but would allow for a lot quieter operation and more powerful CPUs.

Reactions: y.dn.a

y.dn.a

Trash Compacter
Jan 29, 2017
I really like this case but the layout really limits you on CPU cooler size. I would love to see a version with a more traditional layout, without a riser cable, that could support 130mm tall coolers like the ncase. That would allow coolers like the Noctua NH-C14, Bequiet Dark Rock TF, and 140mm AIO coolers. It would still be really small but would allow for a lot quieter operation and more powerful CPUs.
A "CustomMOD Cube" maybe...

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
maybe methpng like the L27 + a picoPSU or HDPLEX would be what you're looking for?
that layout would increase the volume quite a bit, I think.

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Pretty much anything that is a cube will be 6.5 Ish liters minimum if you support full height gpus

Cooler master 110 or Silvestone Sg05 with a Dc power set up and tower CPU cooler gets you there maybe.. It would be a fun mod project for sure

I appreciate the aesthetics, creativity and workmanship of these indie cases though.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016

I believe this chassis sacrifices everything in order to achieve It's objective as a tiny game box. Even internal drives aren't officially supported. This narrow focus does come with a cost certainly in component selection etc.

That being said what you are suggesting sounds pretty good too.

Reactions: Ceros_X

y.dn.a

Trash Compacter
Jan 29, 2017
maybe methpng like the L27 + a picoPSU or HDPLEX would be what you're looking for?
that layout would increase the volume quite a bit, I think.
exactly, with CustomMOD's extreme volume minimalism.
1070 combined with an fat tower cooler or maybe passive cpu cooling. zero noise at windows desktop.
just brainstorming...

daedos

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2016
What happened to the CustomMOD 3.99l with the FlexATX support?. The HahutzyXS appears to be stalling so was really looking forward to your equivalent.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the next batch of cases built up.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
About power connector mounting solution.
Now we support only G-Unique unit & 220-400W Power Bricks.

Power brick:

G-Unique small mount connector photo:

G-Unique small mount connector dimensions:

Power connector mounting solution will look something like in limit cube3 case:

Last edited:

Limit Cube

Caliper Novice
Feb 4, 2017
About power connector mounting solution.
Now we support only G-Unique unit & 220-400W Power Bricks.

Power brick:

G-Unique小安装连接器照片:

G-独特小安装连接器尺寸:

电源连接器安装解决方案将如下所示:
Copied, even pictures to steal?

Last edited:

Limit Cube

Caliper Novice
Feb 4, 2017
虽然我不想卖出国外,但你想要用我的图片,麻烦注明机箱名字!

Although I do not want to sell abroad, but you want to use my pictures, please indicate the name of the chassis!

Reactions: Ceros_X

hardcore_gamer

electronbender
Aug 10, 2016
We don't want to build cases more than 3.99L, it's our ideology :)

CustomMOD 3.99L with Flex ATX is possible in the future. We removed it because we want to focus on one case, on quality.

If you're planning a FlexATX build, please do it with CustomMOD slim. Slim layout is better suited for FlexATX power supplies. It will be under 3.8 liters.

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
Is there an option for replacing the power input hole with a square hole at the size of HDPLEX Modular Bridge? (i think it fits below the gpu ports)

And how strict are the cpu cooler and ram heights?? Do 40mm rams or 43/48mm cpu coolers fit?? In case they are not, is there any other 37mm cpu cooler out there than L9i???

EDIT: the same questions may also be asked (and answered if you want) about the other project you are developing, the 2.99L case.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
just by eyeballing it I'm not sure that there's anywhere you could fit that modular bridge thing, it looks pretty huge.

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
It nearly has the size of a 24 pin power connector (50-55mm).
The gpu width is at least 35mm.

I really feel that it fits, that's why i'm asking.