Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
That's weird then!

Something to do with the thermal compound then I wonder.

Here is the thing... when Intel quotes TDP they say it's the maximum it will draw. Most of the time, the chips draw a fraction of that. Since there is very little architectural difference between Coffelake and Kaby Lake, you can figure the per core power pull is about the same. So you now have six instead of 4 cores, which means you have a 50% increase in power draw at all times.

This causes the L9i to saturate with heat much faster than with Kaby Lake.

Noctua is aware of core to core differences. If you look at the L9i cooling guide, they warn that certain chips that should be cooler, are in fact hotter than expected.

Truth be told, the Ryzen 1700 would probably be the best choice for the 3.24/3.3/3.5 et all as L9a reviews indicate thermal loads of 80C even with mild overclocks. That's if you want a high core count CPU.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Friends, Batch # 10 is closed.

We announce the collection of orders for Batch # 11.
The first two customers get a 10% discount on the case *
Also we will be able to make several buildings with a discount of 50% * for those who have already ordered cases of past audits.

* Discount does not apply to shipping and additional accessories (PCIe riser, etc.)

Asdeff591

Cable Smoosher
Sep 21, 2017
I know it Would be extra work, so it may not be possible, but if it is, i would love to see some more "in progress" photos of the contrustion or assembly of these cases

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I do not think that this is a good idea. there is no desire to do ordinary boxes.
When you say ordinary boxes, what do you mean?
I've also been toying with the idea of requesting a mini made out of steel (Ideally Stainless steel)

Reactions: W1NN1NG

Xydal

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 7, 2017
Hi,

Will soon get the 4.1 case with
Ryzen 7 1700
ASRock Fatal1ty
Noctura L9a
Gigabyte 1080 itx
16GB RAM

My questions are:
1) Will L9a fit or I need L9i?
2) Is there any advantage going for x370 over the AB350 given that I will not have double GPU and won't do extreme O/C? Will use mostly for VR so only the additional USB ports of the x370 seems interesting, but rear ports seems to be identical for both motherboards.
3) Any suggestion for RAM?

Thanks!

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
Hi,

Will soon get the 4.1 case with
Ryzen 7 1700
ASRock Fatal1ty
Noctura L9a
Gigabyte 1080 itx
16GB RAM

My questions are:
1) Will L9a fit or I need L9i?
2) Is there any advantage going for x370 over the AB350 given that I will not have double GPU and won't do extreme O/C? Will use mostly for VR so only the additional USB ports of the x370 seems interesting, but rear ports seems to be identical for both motherboards.
3) Any suggestion for RAM?

Thanks!

Well, right off the bat I can tell you that those two heatsink are the same with the exception that the L9i is for Intel based CPUs and L9a is for AMD CPUs. So in your case, you need to get the L9a.

As for your second question, there's not much to gain to get the x370 in your case. The difference between all versions is mostly I/O options.

Lastly, if you're not gonna do overcloaking, then just buy the cheapest ram that's of good quality. Ram being so expensive these days and with so little difference in performance (considering no overcloaking), there's no point in paying extra. Last time I checked, the Corsair had good price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xydal

Mochnatik

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 4, 2017
Партия №9 будет готова к 5 декабря?

MOD EDIT: User has said, according to Google Translate:
"Party number 9 will be ready by December 5?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Mochnatik

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 4, 2017
Batch #9 (5 cases sold out). Cases will ship before DECEMBER-5. blanks are obtained. assembly

What does it mean? Information current? Today 07.12.2017. There is information on new rock party supplies?