Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

Khord

Cable Smoosher
Jul 3, 2017
Party 6 is sent for painting.

Just sent you an email - I think there may be a mistake. I believe my case is in this picture (the one with circle holes). But there is a logo and in our email exchange you confirmed to me no logo.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I did read in a previous page that someone had received theirs even though the tracking still showed it being in the Ukraine. I expect to get it tomorrow or Saturday to be honest.
It'll either be Saturday or Monday for me.
USPS says it's in New York as of last night. Idk if it left there yet or not I'd assume not so probably not till Monday. Oh well. Was hoping to get it put together this weekend but guess I'll just do it at work Monday LOL

alex1577

Chassis Packer
Jun 14, 2016
Would it be possible to special order a Mini rev4 at 102x207x190 for use with g-unique 300w internal. I prefer the Mini styling over the Flex. Thanks

Reactions: W1NN1NG

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Would it be possible to special order a Mini rev4 at 102x207x190 for use with g-unique 300w internal. I prefer the Mini styling over the Flex. Thanks
we are already designing a similar case. As soon as the prototype is finished we will make the announcement. then you can order.

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
Mine left Ukraine a week ago but hasn't turned up yet - has anyone from Batch 5 received theirs yet?

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
sad to say case arrived today, but one of the mounting points for the front panel is broken :( so going to try and figure out a way to mount the front panel still but for now everything is in the case without the panels on

Michael

Average Stuffer
Jan 3, 2016

I got the case and I love the looks and textured paint.. but there are some glaring issues.

• Tthe 1060 Zotac which is stated as compatible is only compatible when you take off the mounting bracket.
  • The power plug on the rear has to be mounted on an angle because their is a rivet on the other side. This makes plugging and unplugging next to impossible.
  • The motherboard tray is too small - I can only ever get two screws mounted at once.
  • The front panel mounting is less than desirable as the mounting holes are on very thin flexible pieces of metal that get moved during installation.
  • You have to slightly flex the frame to get the motherboard mounted.
  • You have to install the power button by spinning the button itself as their isn't enough room to twist the nut.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017

I got the case and I love the looks and textured paint.. but there are some glaring issues.

• Tthe 1060 Zotac which is stated as compatible is only compatible when you take off the mounting bracket.
  • The power plug on the rear has to be mounted on an angle because their is a rivet on the other side. This makes plugging and unplugging next to impossible.
  • The motherboard tray is too small - I can only ever get two screws mounted at once.
  • The front panel mounting is less than desirable as the mounting holes are on very thin flexible pieces of metal that get moved during installation.
  • You have to install the power button by spinning the button itself as their isn't enough room to twist the nut.
exactly why one of my mounting brackets broke for my front panel.Ill figure a way around this if i have to epoxy the front panel on idc. not like ill be changing hardware any time soon

GameLad

Efficiency Noob
Apr 10, 2017
I can't get my Gigabyte 1070 itx into the case. It is very tight fit, and the pci bracket is wider than the hole it goes in, and the height is to low for me to be able to wiggle it in.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

thanks for your comments. this will help us fix the case.

b4d_b100d

Chassis Packer
Jul 12, 2017
I can confirm the gigabyte 1070 does not fit in this case. Was this case design even tested with a 1070 before being shipped? Even if you bend the case and push the card in, one of the screws on the card hits the middle board before you can fit the card into the case and at that point, the pcie connector is alsp farther than the spacers allow for, so pcie ribbon can't be screwed in either. Like the only way this works is if I leave the graphics card outside of the case.

Can we expect either a replacement with one that actually fits the hardware it says it supports or some form of refund/returns? I understand I took a risk ordering it and had a extra prolonged waiting period for the case, but not only did it take long time, it doesn't even function as advertised, especially for this price.

Reactions: Michael