Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

b4d_b100d

Chassis Packer
Jul 12, 2017
How much wider would it need to be?

Maybe like 2-3mm, which is what the current width expansion is. It's pretty hard to tell though, it could prolly fit currently too, but it's hard to judge with so many other factors preventing it from fitting (pcie bracket, pcie ribbon spacers, front bend, back metal screw)

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Hmmm. I custom ordered mine to be 108mm x 190 x 190.

The original 3.24 was 102x180x180.

Now I'm wondering if I should have asked for 115x200x200

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
We are 20/09 and STILL no shipping. Frankly, i am angry ....

When somebody has been selling 5 batches of a product, you expect them to have there act together.

From my point, you can cancel the case/order ( #075 MINI + PSU 15.07.17 )! Sell it to somebody else! What fun vacation this is going to be on a 11" tablet. :mad:

I can understand your frustration, but it would probably be better to cancel your order privately via e-mail. This forum probably isn't the best place for that.

That said, have you considered the Node202? I have one, and it's pretty small. Similar to an Xbox One. There are some cases you can get today that will house any gear you have that are pretty small. If you haven't bought the parts, I highly recommend the Zotac EN1070K/1060K ( I own an EN1070) or the MSI Trident (Good reviews).

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
We are 20/09 and STILL no shipping. Frankly, i am angry ....

When somebody has been selling 5 batches of a product, you expect them to have there act together.

Ordered on 15 Juli. A month and a half before the delivery time. Plenty of time one may think.... More then two months before my vacation.
Cases will ship before AUGUST-30. -- No it did not!
Cases will ship before SEPTEMBER-15. -- No it did not!
SEPTEMBER 20 ... Still nothing, not even a peep...

I have patience but when i pointed out SEVERAL times here that these delays will put it into conflict with my vacation plans, it seems to be ignored. I said multiple times that i needed the case so my computer can be used as a compact mobile system during my vacation!

And what bothers me the most, is the constant stringing people along. If i knew this, i will have cancelled weeks ago and ordered a different maybe bigger SFF case/PSU in the local hardware store.

Now its frankly too fucking late. It can never arrive before my vacation period. Hell, even if he ships now or in the next weeks, its going to be stuck in the postal office and will be shipped back because there is nobody to pick it up. And no time for me to find a alternative.

And the defects that are showing up in the new revision is only icing on the cake.

From my point, you can cancel the case/order ( #075 MINI + PSU 15.07.17 )! Sell it to somebody else! What fun vacation this is going to be on a 11" tablet. :mad:
the corps was sent yesterday. I did not have time to report it. I'm very sorry that this happened.

Reactions: Acalanata

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Serg is incredibly busy, he doesn't just have one chassis he has to keep up with, I know it can be frustrating totally, and the issues that happened with us happens, that's part of going small, especially this small I knew getting into this the possibility of shit like this happening and I am working on fixing it myself I know its hard being patient but we all have to be

Reactions: Curiosity

b4d_b100d

Chassis Packer
Jul 12, 2017
Serg is incredibly busy, he doesn't just have one chassis he has to keep up with, I know it can be frustrating totally, and the issues that happened with us happens, that's part of going small, especially this small I knew getting into this the possibility of shit like this happening and I am working on fixing it myself I know its hard being patient but we all have to be

At the same time though. I do also understand his other frustration about timing.

Yes delays happen. Yes delays strike small people harder.

On the other hand, CustomMod continues to offer shipping dates that are nowhere close to feasible. Like before I order, after seeing how much my batch was delayed and how much the delays continue to affect it, I'm expected a 2 month delay.

These orders are basically get submitted to the factory around the time the shipping date originally is.

neojonathan

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2017
I understand that there are delays, but Sergii is not a big business that will be shipping out cases right out of this house. He sells different products at the same time, prototypes different designs, and send different batches to different places at the same time.
Delays can happen, but people wait because it is a case that they actually would like to wait for it. Think of this as Massdrop or Kickstarter, but taking orders in small batches. If you are taking the wait, then cancel and order a different case. This area is a place where enthusiasts just like me want to create something that is completely different than what market cases are being sold.
Mistakes can happen because there are human errors and this is not a factory that just makes Sergii's cases; there may be other products being created at the same time.
You should actually thank Sergii and the other people in this forum that is sacrificing their time to make cases for enthusiasts and having a toxic and negative attitude towards these people is not the correct attitude.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I understand that there are delays, but Sergii is not a big business that will be shipping out cases right out of this house. He sells different products at the same time, prototypes different designs, and send different batches to different places at the same time.
Delays can happen, but people wait because it is a case that they actually would like to wait for it. Think of this as Massdrop or Kickstarter, but taking orders in small batches. If you are taking the wait, then cancel and order a different case. This area is a place where enthusiasts just like me want to create something that is completely different than what market cases are being sold.
Mistakes can happen because there are human errors and this is not a factory that just makes Sergii's cases; there may be other products being created at the same time.
You should actually thank Sergii and the other people in this forum that is sacrificing their time to make cases for enthusiasts and having a toxic and negative attitude towards these people is not the correct attitude.
I think what @benjiro may be trying to say is don't promise something you can't realistically deliver, timescales being one of those things. It would be better to under-promise and over-deliver to avoid disappointment.

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
@benjiro

We are talking about a mature product

We're at the 4th revision in 6 months and the fact that another is coming doesn't make this case mature. This is very well in beta phase whish is were a project should be when it's ironing out problems.

Bare in mind, I'm not taking your side or Sergiiua's side. I'm just stating that you seem to imply that because you say this case is mature, the manufacturing, the painting, shipping, etc should also be. Maybe Sergiiua should review the dates that he puts on the forum as he's been consistently late on all of them and probably the speed at which he communicates his information. I myself am part of batch 7. The expected date is September 30th. We're September 21st and it's still saying "The order was sent to the factory". I'm not expecting that it's gonna ship by September 30th, nor did I believe it was gonna when I ordered considering all the other batches were late and that included batch 5 that was still in the factory when I ordered and was expected to be late.

But then, the problem is we don't get enough updates from Sergiiua. So is my order actually still at the factory or did he receive it already and didn't update the info? When I ordered it, I had already figured that it would be about 1 month late. This is a low yield beta production and one needs to put it in perspective. That being said, it doesn't mean that I don't fell empathetic. You figured you hade plainly of buffer time in case of delays and that was still not enough. It sucks, I agree. But just like I believe Sergiiua has his fault in this, I also believe that your expectation were to high for a beta case on what I would still call a beta manufacturing run.

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
I think what @benjiro may be trying to say is don't promise something you can't realistically deliver, timescales being one of those things. It would be better to under-promise and over-deliver to avoid disappointment.

Exactly. So taking into account what I said in my last post, maybe Sergiiua should add another month to his delivery date and communicate any changes faster. One more month should be closer to the reality and once things get better, he could lower that.

@sergiiua, we like what you do and want you to continue. This is all positive criticism. We want this to be a success.

neojonathan

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2017
And he disappeared...into thin air...
@benjiro at least be responsible for your words and don't delete the posts that you have posted. You are acting very childish at this point and not honoring the people in this community.

Last edited:

b4d_b100d

Chassis Packer
Jul 12, 2017
Exactly. So taking into account what I said in my last post, maybe Sergiiua should add another month to his delivery date and communicate any changes faster. One more month should be closer to the reality and once things get better, he could lower that.

@sergiiua, we like what you do and want you to continue. This is all positive criticism. We want this to be a success.

Yeah, exactly that. Also closer to 2 months too. Like everyone else, I had already expected delays to happen when I ordered, so when it said July 5th, I had already expected to probably be closer to a month later like beginning of August shipping. But it didn't end up shipping until beginning of September. That 2 month delay should just be added. Honestly in batch 8, I fully expect to get my case sometime in December, and I'm okay with that. But it's only because I know what to expect. The ship dates should be updated for those expectations so that people who don't follow this case can get a more realistic estimate directly from the person selling them.

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Honestly, the ship date should probably state "between 2 to 3 months depending on manufacturing and shipping".

I don't mind him deleting his post. People have bad days and sometimes it shows up. Probably for the best it doesn't enter the thread. I'm actually hoping we can find him a solution that works.

Reactions: loader963

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
A user manual and party 7 just got back to sergiiua from the manufacturer?! Right on!

@sergiiua, how long should it take to receive the G-Unique PSU from guryhwa? My understanding is that he's gonna send it directly to my address.

Thanks