Production cases FX 4.2L / FX 4.9L by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Now with the case you can order a convenient and reliable Sata cable. Also you can order it yourself in the modDIY store.

SSD High-Speed 6Gbps SATA III Cable (20cm) [Straight - Right-Angle]

Frazhna

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
I got a notice of shipment for my (batch 2) case on Oct. 26th. Case arrived (in Washington DC) on Nov 4th! I will post pictures soon. (I am using the computer I built in it to post this)

Reactions: sergiiua

Frazhna

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
Okay, I'm ready to post some thoughts about my case. First off I must say that I love it!!!

Now for a more objective description of the case for those who are interested.
I built what I call the "Frankenputer" in the case because I just wanted something that was cheap, could travel easily, and still be able to play games, so I put together some left over parts that I had laying around. This build did require a few parts that I didn't have, so I had to buy a graphics card, a power supply, and a short CPU cooler. Here's what I put in it:

CPU: Pentium G3220
Mobo: MSI H81i
RAM: some random DDR3 4GB x2 kit
CPU cooler: Rosewill RCX-Z775-LP (I bought this real cheap online $12)
PSU: Solid Gear 220W (another super cheap purchase online $23)
GPU: this was my "splurge" I got a GTX 1050. I thought about going for the ti, but considering the CPU, I decided to save the money.

Considering the computer I built in here, I'm not going to bother reporting my thermals etc, because we all know that the case will not be the limiting factor for this build. I will say that I was able to play Crisis, just fine and I couldn't hear the computer over the noise of the game.

As far as the case quality goes, it looks like it is better than the previous review, but it still isn't perfect. I was not able to put in the I/O back plate because the standoffs for the motherboard wouldn't let the motherboard line up properly. This is my biggest complaint. The only other complains I have are regarding this same issue: Sometimes the holes don't quite line up with where they need to be. Here are the problems I had.
Motherboard standoffs: They were too high for the motherboard to line up with the I/O backplate. Also, one of the 4 did not line up with the hole in the motherboard, so I only used 3 screws to secure the motherboard.
SSD/HDD mounting holes. They were just a tiny bit out of alignment, so one of the screws is in a little crooked.
GPU mounting: The female end of the extender was just a tiny bit out of alignment, but I was able to get the graphics card in by loosening the screws a bit. I was able to re-tighten them after I put the GPU in. The holes for one of the PCIe bracket screws was not aligned enough for me to put the screw in, but the other was okay.

Other thoughts:
The texture of the powder coat is cool, not as exaggerated as I was afraid it might be. It made putting a sticker on kind of difficult, but ended up making the sticker look better with a bit of texture.

I had a difficult time plugging the PCIe extender into the motherboard. I ended up taking out the CPU cooler to do it. Once I did that, it was easy to get it plugged in.

I only have 2 screws securing my PSU, but that is because my PSU is cheap and its threading stripped out of one of the screw holes; not the case's fault.

Conclusion: It still doesn't have a "finished product" feel to it, but it is exactly the form factor I want. Nobody else is making this form factor so I am just happy that I found this one. I am very happy with this case.

Pictures: Sorry, I'm not a photographer and my best camera is my phone.

Last edited:

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Okay, I'm ready to post some thoughts about my case. First off I must say that I love it!!!

Now for a more objective description of the case for those who are interested.
I built what I call the "Frankenputer" in the case because I just wanted something that was cheap, could travel easily, and still be able to play games, so I put together some left over parts that I had laying around. This build did require a few parts that I didn't have, so I had to buy a graphics card, a power supply, and a short CPU cooler. Here's what I put in it:

CPU: Pentium G3220
Mobo: MSI H81i
RAM: some random DDR3 4GB x2 kit
CPU cooler: Rosewill RCX-Z775-LP (I bought this real cheap online $12)
PSU: Solid Gear 220W (another super cheap purchase online $23)
GPU: this was my "splurge" I got a GTX 1050. I thought about going for the ti, but considering the CPU, I decided to save the money.

Considering the computer I built in here, I'm not going to bother reporting my thermals etc, because we all know that the case will not be the limiting factor for this build. I will say that I was able to play Crisis, just fine and I couldn't hear the computer over the noise of the game.

As far as the case quality goes, it looks like it is better than the previous review, but it still isn't perfect. I was not able to put in the I/O back plate because the standoffs for the motherboard wouldn't let the motherboard line up properly. This is my biggest complaint. The only other complains I have are regarding this same issue: Sometimes the holes don't quite line up with where they need to be. Here are the problems I had.
Motherboard standoffs: They were too high for the motherboard to line up with the I/O backplate. Also, one of the 4 did not line up with the hole in the motherboard, so I only used 3 screws to secure the motherboard.
SSD/HDD mounting holes. They were just a tiny bit out of alignment, so one of the screws is in a little crooked.
GPU mounting: The female end of the extender was just a tiny bit out of alignment, but I was able to get the graphics card in by loosening the screws a bit. I was able to re-tighten them after I put the GPU in. The holes for one of the PCIe bracket screws was not aligned enough for me to put the screw in, but the other was okay.

Other thoughts:
The texture of the powder coat is cool, not as exaggerated as I was afraid it might be. It made putting a sticker on kind of difficult, but ended up making the sticker look better with a bit of texture.

I had a difficult time plugging the PCIe extender into the motherboard. I ended up taking out the CPU cooler to do it. Once I did that, it was easy to get it plugged in.

I only have 2 screws securing my PSU, but that is because my PSU is cheap and its threading stripped out of one of the screw holes; not the case's fault.

Conclusion: It still doesn't have a "finished product" feel to it, but it is exactly the form factor I want. Nobody else is making this form factor so I am just happy that I found this one. I am very happy with this case.

Pictures: Sorry, I'm not a photographer and my best camera is my phone.

Thank you for your honest feedback. The described problems really were. We corrected them in the next installment.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
For a new revision of the housing FLEX mini 4.4L new Cable Mod. The case became a bit larger and for convenient installation we revised the length of the wires for the PSU SeaSonic SSP-300SUG MOD 80 PLUS Gold mod.

ubergeek801

Cable Smoosher
Nov 13, 2017
I've been lurking for quite some time, but something inside me decided it was time to build a SFF gaming PC, after years of not having a desktop PC at all. This is the case I've decided to try to cram it all into. We'll see how it goes!

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Friends, Batch # 6 is closed.

We announce the collection of orders for Batch # 7.
The first two customers get a 10% discount on the case *
Also we will be able to make several buildings with a discount of 50% * for those who have already ordered cases of past audits.

* Discount does not apply to shipping and additional accessories (PCIe riser, etc.)

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
Friends, Batch # 6 is closed.

We announce the collection of orders for Batch # 7.
The first two customers get a 10% discount on the case *
Also we will be able to make several buildings with a discount of 50% * for those who have already ordered cases of past audits.

* Discount does not apply to shipping and additional accessories (PCIe riser, etc.)

Hey sergiiua, for wich batch do you plan to use front vent ? I think i will order a new case with this improvement

FlangeCannon

Efficiency Noob
Nov 25, 2017
Heyo, judging by the review above this can take FlexAtx PSUs, but just to be sure; do these dimensions seems appropriate: https://www.overtek.co.uk/products/fsp500-50fspt ?

Also, are there still units available this batch? Was hoping to get the 4.4 shipped to the UK...

EDIT: I note there is a 4.4L in stock, is available with only the cover pictured? I was hoping to get "Option one" (the maximum ventilation one) if possible...

Last edited:

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Heyo, judging by the review above this can take FlexAtx PSUs, but just to be sure; do these dimensions seems appropriate: https://www.overtek.co.uk/products/fsp500-50fspt ?

Also, are there still units available this batch? Was hoping to get the 4.4 shipped to the UK...

EDIT: I note there is a 4.4L in stock, is available with only the cover pictured? I was hoping to get "Option one" (the maximum ventilation one) if possible...
yes this PSU seems appropriate.

in the presence there was only with ventilation 6. under the order we will make ventilation 1.

jimmicakes

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2017
I hope my FLEX mini is arriving soon. It's my first sff case! but now I have to worry about the parts. I think I'll be waiting for vega nano unless I can get good deals on gtx gpu and g-sync monitor. I have a difficult time picking up the cpu. I love the price and performance of ryzen 1600 but I'm worried about the power consumption since I have a 300w psu. I heard that the power consumption can go up to 200w on load. i7-7700 seems to be a safer choice. However, I'm also considering the 7700t since I think vega nano gonna consume a lot of power. Any suggestion?

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
I hope my FLEX mini is arriving soon. It's my first sff case! but now I have to worry about the parts. I think I'll be waiting for vega nano unless I can get good deals on gtx gpu and g-sync monitor. I have a difficult time picking up the cpu. I love the price and performance of ryzen 1600 but I'm worried about the power consumption since I have a 300w psu. I heard that the power consumption can go up to 200w on load. i7-7700 seems to be a safer choice. However, I'm also considering the 7700t since I think vega nano gonna consume a lot of power. Any suggestion?

Why are you waiting for Vega Nano? Nvidia is much better for tdp/performance ratio and there are many options now. For the cpu I'm not sure. Maybe you can go with i5-8400 if you want more cores and still can maintain the cpu cooling.

Reactions: sergiiua