Custom heatsink for the RTX A2000

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Are you still using the same heatsink? Or are you looking at possibly going with a heatsink with fins going the other way?

Yes I'm using it still. The fin direction on the aluminium and the copper version is different, but I don't have the feeling that it matters a lot. I could probably tweak some things, but then again, it is inaudible and the temperatures are very reasonable, so I have everything I need anyway :)

For the people who are interested in this heatsink but don't want to make one themselves, I have recently launched pre sales for a case that can hold a low profile gpu. This particular heatsink is sold as accessory, but can also be purchased individualy: https://n3rdware.com/accessories/rtx-a2000-heatsink

Kroel

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 3, 2023
Do you think a similar result could be achieved without a milling machine but by drilling a lot of holes with a drill press?

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Do you think a similar result could be achieved without a milling machine but by drilling a lot of holes with a drill press?

Standard drills aren't flat on the bottom. The copper base has only 0.5mm spare thickness so you'll get through it with a drill press if you want to drill 3mm deep. It'll probably work but it will be messy.

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Will this work with the coolmygpu copper mem plate?

Afraid not, this heatsink uses thicker pads than the original. Memory temperatures are very decent however, hovering around 70C max.

siruba

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 19, 2023
For the people who are interested in this heatsink but don't want to make one themselves, I have recently launched pre sales for a case that can hold a low profile gpu. This particular heatsink is sold as accessory, but can also be purchased individualy: https://n3rdware.com/accessories/rtx-a2000-heatsink
Soooo looking forward to this but looks like they are all gone...

Is this all sold out or yet to be made available? Will there be a second run please. :(

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Soooo looking forward to this but looks like they are all gone...

Is this all sold out or yet to be made available? Will there be a second run please. :(

Yeah, they sold out real quick. There will probably be a next batch but it won't be before early summer I'm afraid.

haunting

Cable Smoosher
Jan 2, 2020
Are those through holes for the M2 tap? Because I can't seem to find blind hole taps for anything smaller than M8

gigabuster

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 17, 2023
I noticed that your market place site said it was Out of stock on the copper heatsink, do you still have the 3D print model so I can make one myself, I just need a copper heatsink so I can use Liquid metal for my SNES PC
So @Michael contacted me about selling him this heatsink and I agreed. I decided to request a vendor badge so I could officially sell stuff here. I'll launch a website soon with my products, but for now, you can pm me here if you're interested in any of the things I've been making! I'm thinking about adding some heatpipes to it as well since they're so cheap on aliexpress

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
So I've improved my manufacturing method by mounting my Makita to my CNC. This means that I can reliably produce these at a much higher pace. I'm currently stocking up on some heatsinks and it looks like I'll be launching a next batch much earlier than anticipated (probably in about 2 weeks). Stay tuned in this topic if you're interested.

I noticed that your market place site said it was Out of stock on the copper heatsink, do you still have the 3D print model so I can make one myself, I just need a copper heatsink so I can use Liquid metal for my SNES PC

I'll update it tonight. Be warned though that it required an exact 4mm router bit and 10mm router guide, otherwise your dimensions will be off..

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Sweet! Instabuy for me :)

It will be curious to see if this mod is compatible with the RTX 4000 SFF, however I could not find any PCB pictures of it yet...

Reactions: Kraiggers

Smole

Chassis Packer
Apr 29, 2022
Sweet! Instabuy for me :)

It will be curious to see if this mod is compatible with the RTX 4000 SFF, however I could not find any PCB pictures of it yet...
Am also buying one right now myself hehe.

Concerning the A4000 SFF, it's the same size but i'm pretty sure the size and placement of components will be different since it's an ADA card, so different silicon, die size etc.

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
You are probably right but I try to stay optimistic 😁 The die is only slightly bigger (295mm2 vs 275mm2) and knowing NVidia they will cheap out by recycling as many components as they can...

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
The die won't be the issue, it's mainly the position of the caps and chokes as I have to mill slots in the base for them. I'd be suprised if they're identical so I woulnd't count on it being compatible.

I can offer an A4000 SFF version if someone can get me the card though :D