Fan mounted shroud for RTX A2000

sffgeeno

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Nov 1, 2022
Hi I'm new here!
I can't stand how loud the A2000 runs on idle and I'd like to mount a fan right on top of the heatsink in hopes that it would run quieter.
Thanks to REVOCCASES' cad models, this made the reverse engineering a little bit easier.

Before I start 3D printing a prototype, I've got a few questions...
1) Are the connectors for a Noctua A6X25 compatible with the 4-pin GPU fan connector?
2) Does anyone have the thread info for the 2 screws on the bracket and the rest of the screws that mount the shroud to the GPU?

Any feedback helps! Thank you!

Reactions: rcodi

sffgeeno

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Nov 1, 2022
I got something similar!
I changed my design to a larger fan, 120mm and did a mock up test with using the existing mounting points on my NR200

Unfortunately, the fan runs at 100% and it's still pretty loud.
here are some benchmarks, my entire case has better thermals 😀

LastSilmaril

Efficiency Noob
New User
Nov 10, 2022
Even if it was loud, I have to assume it's not nearly as annoying as the blower right? That thing emits a high-pitched whine constantly. I was planning on trying to decouple it in the same manner as this one guy on the Asus ROG forums did (the case I plan on using doesn't have nearly enough space for a 120mm fan).
There are also a bunch of these exhaust fan kits that replace the standard half-height PCIe bracket, but every single one I've seen blocks the miniDP ports, probably because they were designed for miners. I do wonder if these could be redesigned with cutouts so that at least 90-degree miniDP cables could be used instead.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
@sffgeeno I think the fan is loud because you have covered most of the heatsink with the fan motor. There is no airflow at that point of the fan, most if it is at the end of the blades. Your first idea with the 60mm fan will probably work better.

sffgeeno

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Nov 1, 2022
The fan was loud because it was running at 100%. The noctua come with a low noise adapter and lowered the rpm's. So I bought a fan controller to reduce the fan speeds to a quiet 1000rpm. Perfect!
Here's my custom shroud. I could have just done without the shroud but i like my glass panel on my NR200. Works for my workstation!

Reactions: CanterB

Smole

Chassis Packer
Apr 29, 2022
what kind of adapter did you use to power the fan from the RTX A2000 fan header?

edit: it was already explained and i found it, stupid me

Last edited:

ProfessorH

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 23, 2023
I got something similar!
I changed my design to a larger fan, 120mm and did a mock up test with using the existing mounting points on my NR200

Unfortunately, the fan runs at 100% and it's still pretty loud.
here are some benchmarks, my entire case has better thermals 😀

Could you send me the file so that I can 3D print this for my A2000? I copper modded it and use a low-noise adapter for the fan (routed it to the mobo to free up 3w more of power) but even set at 14%, that fan is crucially loud. It's... ridiculous, especially since the rest of my build is cooled by noctuas (even my psu!).

CanterB

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 6, 2023
An interesting solution, @sffgeeno. I recently purchased an RTX A2000 and didn't expect it to be so noisy compared to the rest of the fans from Arctic. I would be very grateful if you share the file with the 3D model.

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
An interesting solution, @sffgeeno. I recently purchased an RTX A2000 and didn't expect it to be so noisy compared to the rest of the fans from Arctic. I would be very grateful if you share the file with the 3D model.
I really wonder how different each unit might be from one another, or if the case used makes a huge difference, or if it's a noise shape thing, but ever since I've gotten my A2000, I've been using it very regularly and it's definitely not a noise I notice, even in a quiet room! It's only noticeable under load, but then my CPU fan also ramps up and it's still very reasonable.