Enclosure Coolermaster NR200

maveric

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2020
Overall, happy that Cooler Master is taking the space seriously. That said, despite everything “fitting,” it didn’t really feel special or clever in any meaningful way, like the DA2 I came from did. Pretty sure I’m going to move back, and unload this. ?
For $80 I wouldn't have expected anything special nor clever. Isn't that half the price of the Streacom DA2? That's like comparing a Hyundai to a BMW! ?

igorpadrao

Cable Smoosher
Aug 22, 2020
Yeah, I agree. Cooler Master is really competing with the Cougar QBX for the post of better inexpensive SFF case. And, overall, deliver a better case, less plastiky, more beautiful and with a awesome hardware compatibility.

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Aug 1, 2020
Seriously, if you want to spend $200+ on a case, why would you be on this thread? I just can't justify it, especially when Cooler Master has produced such a nice product here for $80/$100, which is why I assume most of us are on this thread. That it doesn't feel clever or special is precisely why it is great. Everything is just well thought out. Compared to some of their other case designs, that's a major accomplishment. Kudos well deserved. They should sell a ton of these to their target market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018

I would watch this before bottom mounting an AIO in the NR200, or any case.

I don't have this case, but I watched the video and had some thoughts. For those who want an AIO that would circumvent some of these problems, look at the Enermax Liqfusion 240. The pump is located in the tubes instead of on the cold plate. As a result, the pump will always be submersed in water and push fluid through the block. Air will still get trapped in the cold plate and you may get more gurgling/water noises, but cooling performance shouldn't be a concern if you mount the cooler at the bottom.

This could be THE best option for those using a window with a vertical GPU mount (outside of the obvious custom loop).

-edit: added a link.

Reactions: Phuncz

Dunedan

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2019
Is there a way to mount an ATX PSU in the NR200? I don't care about graphics card clearance and assume given the dimensions that an ATX PSU will probably fit fine, but is there an easy way to securely mount such a PSU somewhere inside the case?

maveric

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2020
Is there a way to mount an ATX PSU in the NR200? I don't care about graphics card clearance and assume given the dimensions that an ATX PSU will probably fit fine, but is there an easy way to securely mount such a PSU somewhere inside the case?

In the mATX mod video on the prior page, they jerry-rigged one in there but there are no standard mount.

Dunedan

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2019
Wow, that's an impressive build. Looks like he used velcro to mount the PSU on the front side. I really hope Coolermaster adds official ATX PSU support in a v2 of the NR200..

debo

Efficiency Noob
Oct 31, 2019
And in the mean time this one came up as well which possibly is a good answer to the problem shown in the Gamer Nexus video.

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
I have the NR200. It's ok. I like the idea, but dont like how it turned out. The 5700xt gets a little toasty, even with bottom fans. I have two top fans, one being a GT and the other the stock fan that came with the case. im kinda lazy and dont want to put in my other GT because I have to take it out of my other case.

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Aug 1, 2020
I have the NR200. It's ok. I like the idea, but dont like how it turned out. The 5700xt gets a little toasty, even with bottom fans. I have two top fans, one being a GT and the other the stock fan that came with the case. im kinda lazy and dont want to put in my other GT because I have to take it out of my other case.

Out of curiosity, have you tried it without the bottom fans?

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
For $80 I wouldn't have expected anything special nor clever. Isn't that half the price of the Streacom DA2? That's like comparing a Hyundai to a BMW! ?

Oh, absolutely! The NR200 is an unbelievably good deal, and I'm thrilled they brought it to market. I wish I'd taken more time writing this to better capture my feelings about it objectively, rather than use the DA2 as a yardstick.

Wow, that's an impressive build. Looks like he used velcro to mount the PSU on the front side. I really hope Coolermaster adds official ATX PSU support in a v2 of the NR200..

There are notches in the front panel that match the ones the SFX/L bracket uses—I suspect they're ready with the existing chassis, but couldn't resolve how to bundle both? ? Makes me wonder if by advertising support for ATX PSUs, they'd get a bunch of disappointed people finding out it limited GPU length, etc.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
How toasty? What temp do you get now and what was the temp when the card was in previous chassis?
Do you have the card in horizontal or vertical position?
A few pics?

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
So in my Jonsbo U5. hot spot gets maybe 78-81 in superposition torture test, and around 80 in overwatch when FPS doesnt hit 144... Hot spot is nearing 88-89 in the nr200 with the same test. GPU is horizontal. I'm not complaining about the case, I just want to find a better fan solution. I can try a rear exhaust instead of just two top exhaust. Also I wonder if I can mount a fan on the side. I'll get pics later, but its nothing special.

igorpadrao

Cable Smoosher
Aug 22, 2020
Fingers crossed for you. It is exactly the case I wanted. The moment Amazon started taking pre-orders, I jumped to get one. I didn't order the NR200P, though, which at the time was listed as coming in September. Amazon actually shipped mine out a day before their official "release date." Hopefully, you'll have similar luck.
I had a problem with my pruchase and the order was canceled. Tried to buy from spanish amazon, it was open for pre-order, but in the moment i clicked to buy, they informed me that was gone.

And I question myself why there aren't so many people in the SFF club. It is almost impossible to get some good itx cases for a just price.

I am ultra frustrated here.

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Aug 1, 2020
I had a problem with my pruchase and the order was canceled. Tried to buy from spanish amazon, it was open for pre-order, but in the moment i clicked to buy, they informed me that was gone.

And I question myself why there aren't so many people in the SFF club. It is almost impossible to get some good itx cases for a just price.

I am ultra frustrated here.

I know. I was pretty resigned to getting something less than optimal until this came along. I guess my timing was just good. It should be worth the wait if it is what you want.

maveric

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2020
Is anyone planning to install a RTX 3080 FE in the NR200P? While it looks like it will fit, are there any concerns about thermals, especially with air cooling and the glass panel?

Last edited: