Enclosure Coolermaster NR200

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
can the power supply be moved to the front of the case instead of of on the side?
Yes, it is part of the design.
Check out Diagram 2B of the manual. This alternate position of the PSU allows for a wider mainboard.
Or, look at this pic.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Anyone seen the pics of the NR200 ITX chassis?

Looks really interesting - much inspiration taken from Ncase and Sliger, methinks, but large chassis manufacturers getting into the space has to be a good thing.

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I had a quick look and couldn't see anything.

If anyone has more info, I'd appreciate it. I don't think it'd drag me away from the M1, but the kids' PCs might get an upgrade.
?

Reactions: Valantar

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Did you guys know that the NR200P includes both the vented and glass side panel? I originally assumed it just included the glass. For only $20 more, this is the model to buy, correct?

I'm inclined to agree, even for the white version where the border doesn't match the case, it's always good to have options and extra fans.

Speaking of options, I'm eager to learn more about other motherboard support besides ITX and if the riser cable will be upgraded to 4.0 sometime down the line to support Ampere, etc.

Reactions: maveric

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
The NR200 looks like The Ghost S1 and the NCase got together and had a baby. I like the looks.

What I want to know is, how flimsy is the metal? Can one take a single finger and press on the slotted metal and the I/O panel and feel the metal flex significantly? Or the top panel for that matter?
Call me old fashioned, but when I was coming up and got into PC as a hobby, even mainstream cases were solid. One could cut and chop them to mod and they were still solid. One panel didn't have to present order for the rest of the case to have rigidity. These days I see people giving great reviews and recommendations for cases that flex like plastic wrap.

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Speaking of options, I'm eager to learn more about other motherboard support besides ITX
This has come up a few times, you can check the SFF Case List sheet and go to the "odd sizes" tab. We've got a list of motherboards there that are DTX or mATX but not the full size. There's a custom filter view you can pick for the NCase M1 front-mounted PSU. Those restrictions should match the size of board possible in the NR200 with the PSU mounted to the front of the case.

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
I hope this trigger more well built and affordable ITX case similar to NR200 from mainstream manufacturers like NZXT, Fractal Design, Thermaltake or Corsair. We need more choices. Tabao has a lot of these nice mini ITX cases like Captain S v1.2, Acat3 V2 with the classic layout and the PSU in front.

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
Yes, it is part of the design.
Check out Diagram 2B of the manual. This alternate position of the PSU allows for a wider mainboard.
Or, look at this pic.

Do you think a mATX board will fit in the power supply is mount towards the front?
This would be the perfect case if it fits both ITX and mATX board.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Do you think a mATX board will fit in the power supply is mount towards the front?
This would be the perfect case if it fits both ITX and mATX board.
Watch this video, beginning at, say, 5'00'' mark (to 6'30'')

Basically, full size MATX boards(244x244) will not fit. But some non full size MATX boards (eg Gigabyte B460M D2V featured in the video, at 226x185) will fit with no problem (except, need to sacrifice a top fan and a 3.5'' HDD due to the new position of the PSU).
Max size allowed is: 244 x 226 as stated in the User Manual.

Reactions: Phuncz

pacc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 11, 2019

That looks kind of crazy.
If you don't mind about the top radiator support, instead of finding a short mATX board,
you could try to find one with the 16x PCIe port in the second slot position.

Then the mod would be to cut out a larger IO/slot and remove/glue the motherboard offsets 1 slot up.

I've done this kind of mod twice with just a hacksaw and some epoxy 2-part glue,
but I admit that it was easier in older cases/mac pro where you had a big flat plate behind the motherboard without any cutouts. It seems like Gigabyte and Asus has the PCIe in slot 2 for B550M boards.

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
The case is excellent. I got mine last week, replacing my Ncase M1.

Upsides vs the M1:
  • Compatible with taller CPU coolers.
  • Compatible with 280mm AIOs.
  • Better custom loop support.
  • Supports vertical GPU mounting.
  • My PCIe power cables no longer push up against the side panel (5700 XT Nitro+).
  • Larger size made it easier to build in (installing the GPU, especially).
  • Better cable management features (velcro ties on the PSU shroud, loads of cable tie points all over the case).
  • Front IO comes as a single block (which can be rearranged) rather than as single cables.
  • Possible to mount 120mm fans top and bottom in the case.
  • Tool-less hard drive and fan installation.
  • Thick 2.5" hard drives fit under the front panel.
  • Bottom panel is held on with one screw, not 6 or 8 or whatever it is in the M1 ?
  • Comes with an official TG option.
  • No messing around importing the case from the other side of the world.
Downsides:
  • Larger
  • Heavier
Grumbles:
  • Build quality is generally good, but the top panel is poor.
  • Have to ditch the front top fan if using an SFX-L PSU. Again a top panel grumble really; this could be avoided if it had a selection of mounting holes rather than set positions.

Last edited:
Reactions: xumix and tinyitx