Enclosure Coolermaster NR200

spyda_mayn

Efficiency Noob
Apr 14, 2020
A simple custom loop with a tiny res above the CPU should do the trick. Alphacool Solo LT or Aquanaut DDC pump+block combos, whatever rad you want in the bottom, and something like a flow indicator with the rotor removed or just a T-block with an extension sticking up from it to serve as a bubble-catching reservoir at the top. More expensive, obviously, but also more flexible.

Something like the new Be Quiet Pure Loops with the decoupled pump should also work well - the most important part is that the pump isn't at the top of the loop.

Yeah, i'm not sure if i'm ready for a custom loop yet. I was thinking of AIOs where the pump was not in the cpu block mainly. Do you guys have more suggestions of other options of non cpu block pumps?

I am not sure how much I would let this scare you. I know a LOT of builds with the system not properly built, based on this video, that years later are still doing fine. Also I think I read somewhere that Cooler Master is saying their dual chamber pump helps with this issue and results in it having minimal effects.

Yeah, maybe i'm over thinking it to much too. I've seen a custom mod of the case where someone inverted the internals of the nr200 (NR200 inverted mod - Imgur ) and it would place the aio at the top, but not sure whre one would exhaust the heat.

Joewestla

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 15, 2020
Yeah, i'm not sure if i'm ready for a custom loop yet. I was thinking of AIOs where the pump was not in the cpu block mainly. Do you guys have more suggestions of other options of non cpu block pumps?

Yeah, maybe i'm over thinking it to much too. I've seen a custom mod of the case where someone inverted the internals of the nr200 (NR200 inverted mod - Imgur ) and it would place the aio at the top, but not sure whre one would exhaust the heat.
I would check out the new MSI AIO with the pump in the rad, featured here:

igorpadrao

Cable Smoosher
Aug 22, 2020
Hello good people.

I know that portability is not a main concern of NR200 design. But any of you happens to know any bag that could transport this case?

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2019
OK, sprog2 has expressed an interest in upgrading his PC for xmas.

Anyone know if these are in stock anywhere? I emailed OCUK and got a pointless "we dunno" reply about five days later.

TqM

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 10, 2020
OK, sprog2 has expressed an interest in upgrading his PC for xmas.

Anyone know if these are in stock anywhere? I emailed OCUK and got a pointless "we dunno" reply about five days later.
You can still maybe get the black NR200P from LDLC (French site) for about £30 over the cost of OCUK including shipping. Other than that you're mostly out of luck.
CM UK have previously said end of this month, but honestly sounded like they didn't have an actual clue, and as you've said OCUK have no idea. OCUK originally said November, but have since moved to uncertainty, which is only very mildly frustrating if they have been holding onto your money for over two months :).
Scan still seems to think the 30th... we'll see about that.

Reactions: Gingerbeer

jackcalico

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2020
Quick question.

I am planning on using a Gigabyte Aorus B550I PRO AX mITX board that has 3 fan headers (2 system fan headers and 1 cpu fan header) on my NR200P.

I will be using a NZXT Kraken X63 and I will replace its stock fans with 2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM. I was thinking in plugging the AIO pump into the CPU fan header and the 2 NF-A14 PWM into one of the system1 fan header using a NA-SYC1 splitter.

Also, I am planning on installing 2 bottom intake NF-A12x15-PWM and 2 top exhaust NF-A12x25 PWM as case fans. Since the CPU and SYS1 headers will be already in use, I can't figure out how to plug the two NF-A12x15-PWM plus the two NF-A12x25-PWM into the remaining SYS2 header.

Should I use a 1-to-4 splitter? Should I use a fan controller/hub? Having plugged the NF-A12x15-PWM fans together with the NF-A12x25-PWM fans will work since they have different specs?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Quick question.

I am planning on using a Gigabyte Aorus B550I PRO AX mITX board that has 3 fan headers (2 system fan headers and 1 cpu fan header) on my NR200P.

I will be using a NZXT Kraken X63 and I will replace its stock fans with 2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM. I was thinking in plugging the AIO pump into the CPU fan header and the 2 NF-A14 PWM into one of the system1 fan header using a NA-SYC1 splitter.

Also, I am planning on installing 2 bottom intake NF-A12x15-PWM and 2 top exhaust NF-A12x25 PWM as case fans. Since the CPU and SYS1 headers will be already in use, I can't figure out how to plug the two NF-A12x15-PWM plus the two NF-A12x25-PWM into the remaining SYS2 header.

Should I use a 1-to-4 splitter? Should I use a fan controller/hub? Having plugged the NF-A12x15-PWM fans together with the NF-A12x25-PWM fans will work since they have different specs?
As long as all the fans are PWM fans you can run them all off the same splitter, they'll just run at different absolute speeds at any given PWM% signal. This might cause some weird resonances, and might cause higher RPM fans to run faster than you'd like if combined with much lower rpm fans, but it'll work nonetheless, and ought to work fine if the fan's speed ranges are roughly the same. A controller like the Aquacomputer Quadro might be worth it if you really need to control the speed of each set of fans (and it is reportedly far superior to any motherboard fan controller), but it's not a necessity.

Besides, isn't the 3-pin pump tach connector on the X63 just to ensure that you don't get a BIOS error for not having the CPU fan connected? AFAIK the pump speed is entirely controlled through CAM over USB.

That being said, even being a huge fan (no pun intended) of Noctua, that setup sounds like massive overkill in terms of what you're spending on fans. NF-A12x25s as case fans is just plain wasteful - unless you're planning to run them at full speed, Arctic P12s will give you the same performance and noise at less than half the price. For something that's not crucial to performance like a case fan, spending >$25 per fan isn't worth it. Another issue is that the NF-A14 is an old design that has been surpassed by quite a few alternatives these days - I can't wait for the NF-A14x25! - but you'll get better performance and likely better noise results with Arctic P14s. They will run louder at the top end simply because they go 200rpm higher (1700rpm vs. 1500rpm), but given that the P12 is essentially tied with the NF-A12x25 for both noise and performance in reviews, and the P14 is based on the same design, it stands to reason that the P14 should beat the NF-A14 outright.

Reactions: jackcalico

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2019
You can still maybe get the black NR200P from LDLC (French site) for about £30 over the cost of OCUK including shipping. Other than that you're mostly out of luck.
CM UK have previously said end of this month, but honestly sounded like they didn't have an actual clue, and as you've said OCUK have no idea. OCUK originally said November, but have since moved to uncertainty, which is only very mildly frustrating if they have been holding onto your money for over two months :).
Scan still seems to think the 30th... we'll see about that.
Yeah, Scan's Nov 30th estimate was fictional - been waiting over a week for an update. Just receiver an email with a new estimated dispatch date of Dec 14th. Not holding my breath.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

Got a brand new NR200 today for dirt cheap, only 56USD. Hint hint I'm gonna do a triple rad loop, just some initial dry-fitting before I tear down my T1 build 😇

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
Got mine fitted with Gigabyte X570 I, definitely should be using air cooling for my setup. I fitted Noctua NH-L12S, but the downside is I can't fit the rear top exhaust fan, so I replaced with Corsair H60. Need to spare some room because I put my 3.5" HDD inside.

Using the H60, the fan, which is connected to the top exhaust since there are no more fan header, needs to ramp up to crazy speed to maintain good temp. To the point I can hear the case vibrates... Well after all the top fan mount is secured with just a clip. So I'm considering whether to buy Noctua NH-U9S or Scythe Fuma 2. No question about the NH-U9S will fit, but I saw a build on reddit the other day showing it fits with what seems to be Gigabyte X570 I.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
So this is where things stand at the end of 2020

Wouldn't you know it the opening at the bottom of the front panel is 60mm and fit a DDC with a little bit of push. So now some of the volume in-between the front panel and the front of internal frame is utilised! I'm debating whether to just use a 240x30mm rad to the top as passive/reservoir and have a 280x30mm rad on the side 🤪

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
finally progress!

Been sitting all dry and nice for 7 hours now. The loop is bled to 97% I would say, only micro bubbles left. Will do final bleed and turn on the system tonight! 😎
Nice! I can't wait for you to report temps! I'm liking the white NR200 so much that I ordered the black one as well. Time to do some hack/chop to make it black/white.

Reactions: thelaughingman

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
Here is my take on messing around with the NR200. I've got couple of mods coming up, but mainly I'm waiting for new hardware. I've had the Rx Vega Nano 56 since it came out in 2018 and it's time to upgrade, I don't even want to mention the CPU ... prior to that R9 Nano ... always had small enclosures; M1 v5, and then ventured into the Cerberus, back to M1 now v6, now NR200, I'm hoping for a similar enclosure from a "boutique" vendor - but I've been getting hustled so who knows what comes of that.

I have antiquated hardware at this point, but I refuse to pay scalper prices for something newer, so I'll wait. Currently it's the Rx Vega Nano 56, and i7-7700. GPU loop has a SE240 with slim Noctuas and DC-LT2600. CPU loop has another SE240 with 25mm Noctuas and an Alphacool Eisbaer LT Solo. This was all crammed into M1, but I wanted a bit more room and top exhaust fans which are currently a single 25mm case fan from Noctua. All custom lenght cables made for M1 also fit here perfectly.

I don't play competitively, far from it ... All of the cooling might be an overkill, but I do like a quiet PC. GPU fans top at 1300RPM, CPU fans are around the same with top exhaust running at 900-1000RPM ... during gaming I have the infamous NZXT CAM running and it shows my CPU/GPU as follows;

Idle CPU 28-30, GPU 22-24 with ambient around 22-23
Insurgency Sandstorm CPU 45-50, GPU 50-55
Assetto Corsa Competizione CPU 46-52, GPU 52-57
Automobislista 2 CPU 40-45, GPU 42-47
Planetary Annihilation TITANS CPU 36-40, GPU 38-45

Some future mods to include cutting out the bottom panel to move the radiator few mm lower so I can use 25mm fans (hoping for the 25mm ones to be a bit less noisy) with the current SE240 instead of going to TX240 (which I have on standby). Better fittings that's for sure, these are some off-brand ones from Amazon, fill port for the GPU loop, and better tubing. Custom top panel with only an anti-vandal power switch in black. Reducing the weight off the NR200, this thing is heavy and cutting out some things will help me achieve that then off to powder. I started a similar project with the M1, but switched to the NR200 due to more room. Again, I know it's all an overkill ... but I've got time and like to mess things up :)

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
My motherboard is in the shop so an opportunity to further optimize the loop. Found the perfect pump-res combo 😎

• Bitspower Magic Cube + Touchaqua Octagonal Tank connected via 1 rotary extender + 1 x-flow fitting to offset to pump inwards
  • Clearance shot - the stock stop fit is too tall to be used on the RHS but the Magic cube comes with 1 low-profile one
  • The entire combo fixed to the front of the case via 1 screw. will be completed secure once the loop is fully built
With this I can easily bleed the loop now - just remove the front panel, open up the top port of the tank and fill away! Similarly to drain the loop, I just open up the side port, connect short tubing, stand the case up on its front and let gravity does the work!

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2019
Finally found one, in the states - open box on ebay - should have it this week. £95 delivered for the NR200p.

They are still pushing back the in stock dates on Scan and Amazon.

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2020
Saw that someone is now offering a top hat for the NR200 for a top mounted radiator on YouTube:

/u/zocazola/3DPCbyJay NR200 tophat assembly video guide​

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2019
There's also a guy who has done a simple inversion mod on the NR200p, so you can fit a AIO in the top when mounting the GPU vertically.

The execution wasn't amazing, but the principle is sound (as long as the upside-down PCI backplane doesn't trigger you).