Enclosure NR200 - Sturdy?

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 2, 2019
I was hoping to get a Meshify before I went back to uni but this looks like it's not possible now, so my next best option was the NR200.

I was wondering how ridgid is the case when it has a system in it and are the exposed plastic sections durable? I ask as I will need to move it around quite a bit between my house, to uni and to a friends house due to the production work I will be doing on a project.

My next thought after the NR200 was the Cerberus but obviously it's allot more expensive and i'd rather put the money toward a 5900X or a RTX 3080 Ti.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
the NR200 outer panels are all steel, except the top plastic + mesh. the case is very sturdy so unless you physically abuse it, it would have no trouble with travel

Reactions: Phuncz and Kit

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 2, 2019
the NR200 outer panels are all steel, except the top plastic + mesh. the case is very sturdy so unless you physically abuse it, it would have no trouble with travel
That's reassuring, I was wondering if they had skimpt on something to achieve the price.

How about the feet for the case? I ask as i've had cases in the past where the feet are made from either brittle or unsubstantial plastic

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
That's reassuring, I was wondering if they had skimpt on something to achieve the price.

How about the feet for the case? I ask as i've had cases in the past where the feet are made from either brittle or unsubstantial plastic
it's just fine I suppose? not really sure how to quantify it since it is plastic just like every other plastic case feet that I've had haha

• Haha
Reactions: Kit

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 2, 2019
it's just fine I suppose? not really sure how to quantify it since it is plastic just like every other plastic case feet that I've had haha

I know what you mean, I had an old CM Trooper case which was put on a desk quite roughly and one of the feet just shattered. I looked at the other feet and they all had hairline cracks where the plastic had gone brittle :/

I think i'll just pull the trigger on the nr200, I guess im just dissapointed I can't get a Meshify or an N-ATX :( I can always buy one later in the year if I feel the need to change enclosure :)

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I know what you mean, I had an old CM Trooper case which was put on a desk quite roughly and one of the feet just shattered. I looked at the other feet and they all had hairline cracks where the plastic had gone brittle :/

I think i'll just pull the trigger on the nr200, I guess im just dissapointed I can't get a Meshify or an N-ATX :( I can always buy one later in the year if I feel the need to change enclosure :)
you will not regret it. given its low price tag, the NR200 is perfect as a hold-over / stop-gap case. I'm using it myself exactly for that purpose whilst waiting for upcoming releases.

BensTechLab

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 5, 2020
www.benstechlab.com
I just picked up two NR200's. They are primarily steel cases, so quite sturdy.

The NR200 also has an option (not required) to screw the side panels on from the inside. Normally all the panels are toolless and just pop off and on. But if you are going to be carting it around a lot and are worried about it popping open, you can throw a few extra screws into it.

I love my NR200... that said the Cerberus looks nice! And has an option for a handle.

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 2, 2019
Urghhh I might have to go with the Cerberus as I just got notification that my NR200P order (which was supposed to be delivered today) has been delayed until Feb 1st :'(

• Wow
Reactions: thelaughingman