Enclosure Coolermaster NR200

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2019
I went the other way and fully committed to a custom loop in the M1 - Got the Iceman res and a couple of 240mm rads. Just waiting for my GPU block.

I really like the NR200, and I still might get one for one of the kids' PCs, just so I can get a feel for building a rig with it.

Chris505

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 5, 2020
The case is excellent. I got mine last week, replacing my Ncase M1.

Upsides vs the M1:
  • Compatible with taller CPU coolers.
  • Compatible with 280mm AIOs.
  • Better custom loop support.
  • Supports vertical GPU mounting.
  • My PCIe power cables no longer push up against the side panel (5700 XT Nitro+).
  • Larger size made it easier to build in (installing the GPU, especially).
  • Better cable management features (velcro ties on the PSU shroud, loads of cable tie points all over the case).
  • Front IO comes as a single block (which can be rearranged) rather than as single cables.
  • Possible to mount 120mm fans top and bottom in the case.
  • Tool-less hard drive and fan installation.
  • Thick 2.5" hard drives fit under the front panel.
  • Bottom panel is held on with one screw, not 6 or 8 or whatever it is in the M1 ?
  • Comes with an official TG option.
  • No messing around importing the case from the other side of the world.
Downsides:
  • Larger
  • Heavier
Grumbles:
  • Build quality is generally good, but the top panel is poor.
  • Have to ditch the front top fan if using an SFX-L PSU. Again a top panel grumble really; this could be avoided if it had a selection of mounting holes rather than set positions.

How did your temperatures compare between the two cases? I've been on the fence about which way I should go for an Ampere/Zen3 build and I've been kinda leaning more towards preordering the Nr200 due to the versatility and what I would think would be better airflow.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The case is excellent. I got mine last week, replacing my Ncase M1.

Upsides vs the M1:
  • Compatible with taller CPU coolers.
  • Compatible with 280mm AIOs.
  • Better custom loop support.
  • Supports vertical GPU mounting.
  • My PCIe power cables no longer push up against the side panel (5700 XT Nitro+).
  • Larger size made it easier to build in (installing the GPU, especially).
  • Better cable management features (velcro ties on the PSU shroud, loads of cable tie points all over the case).
  • Front IO comes as a single block (which can be rearranged) rather than as single cables.
  • Possible to mount 120mm fans top and bottom in the case.
  • Tool-less hard drive and fan installation.
  • Thick 2.5" hard drives fit under the front panel.
  • Bottom panel is held on with one screw, not 6 or 8 or whatever it is in the M1 ?
  • Comes with an official TG option.
  • No messing around importing the case from the other side of the world.
Downsides:
  • Larger
  • Heavier
Grumbles:
  • Build quality is generally good, but the top panel is poor.
  • Have to ditch the front top fan if using an SFX-L PSU. Again a top panel grumble really; this could be avoided if it had a selection of mounting holes rather than set positions.
If you can post a few pics of the completed build, I would be more happy. Thanks.

faz2k2000

Case Bender
New User
Jul 12, 2020
Pre-Ordered mine on amazon. Hopefully it will get shipped soon !

igorpadrao

Cable Smoosher
Aug 22, 2020
Anyone eager to switch the reset button to a USB Type-c header? It could result in some work, but I think it will correct the only flaw of this amazing case.

Another doubt, what are the options to mount a 120mm radiator if someone opt to use the GPU in a normal way (horizontaly)?

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Aug 1, 2020
I got mine last Monday. It is very easy to build in and the opportunities to tie down cables are everywhere. My build came out very clean. I am experimenting with just the stock cooling fans, and with no fans on the bottom my GPU seems to be doing fine cooling itself. CPU temps are fine as well. If you want two fans at the top, get a SFX power supply. The SFX-L I have means that fan mount is pretty much blocked. It hasn't been an issue for clearing hot air out of the case, though, and my VRM thermals seem fine as well. It's the most well thought case I've ever built a PC in. Loving it so far.

Another doubt, what are the options to mount a 120mm radiator if someone opt to use the GPU in a normal way (horizontaly)?

Well, what's the radiator for, the GPU? I mean, if you mount the GPU normally, there's enough clearance for a 120, 240, or 280 on the side (mesh, not glass) so long as it's not an Arctic Freezer II, which needs more clearance. Not quite understanding your question.

Reactions: xumix

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
Still working on a thorough build log, but here’s a little sneak peek:

Overall, happy that Cooler Master is taking the space seriously. That said, despite everything “fitting,” it didn’t really feel special or clever in any meaningful way, like the DA2 I came from did. Pretty sure I’m going to move back, and unload this. ?

igorpadrao

Cable Smoosher
Aug 22, 2020
Well, what's the radiator for, the GPU? I mean, if you mount the GPU normally, there's enough clearance for a 120, 240, or 280 on the side (mesh, not glass) so long as it's not an Arctic Freezer II, which needs more clearance. Not quite understanding your question
Thanks Neophyte for the reply. I really forgot to specify. I will use the TG pannel and would love to avoid to use the the side bracket (wich, in my humble opnion, ruins the aestethics). And the "radiator" I will use it will be an Cooler Master AIO ML120L that I already have and will thinking in changing for a better cooler solution down the road.

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Aug 1, 2020
Thanks Neophyte for the reply. I really forgot to specify. I will use the TG pannel and would love to avoid to use the the side bracket (wich, in my humble opnion, ruins the aestethics). And the "radiator" I will use it will be an Cooler Master AIO ML120L that I already have and will thinking in changing for a better cooler solution down the road.

Well, I can't help you there. I don't see how the top or bottom would be a good spot for a radiator with the GPU in the horizontal position. Eager to hear about your solution. I'm not so much into aesthetics, and am planning, at some point, to upgrade to a 240/280 radiator on the side panel, looks be damned. ;-)

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Aug 1, 2020
Here are some pics of my build. Boring, I know, but there is still space for fans in the bottom, a radiator, more SSD's, etc. What I really wanted to show here is the cable management. It just came out so cleanly. There are so many well thought places to tie down cables in the case that with a little thought everything works great. And there's a nice space between the PSU and the front that works well for shoving excess cables if need be. I was, by the way, quite impressed with the flexibility of the cables in my Fractal Design Ion SFX-L PSU, which helped a lot with cable management.

Reactions: rfarmer and August

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015

I would watch this before bottom mounting an AIO in the NR200, or any case.
I watched it and after a minute I was thinking about the AIO I have in my Silverste CS01-HS case. Yup, it's not Steve-approved. Unsure how I'd solve it as this case has very limited CPU cooling support. Oh well, I'll guess I'll know when it dies ?

Reactions: rfarmer

igorpadrao

Cable Smoosher
Aug 22, 2020

I would watch this before bottom mounting an AIO in the NR200, or any case.

Well, I can't help you there. I don't see how the top or bottom would be a good spot for a radiator with the GPU in the horizontal position. Eager to hear about your solution. I'm not so much into aesthetics, and am planning, at some point, to upgrade to a 240/280 radiator on the side panel, looks be damned. ;-)

After seeing this video I am thinking in buy a aircooler instead of use my Cooler Master AIO ML120L. But I will decide once I have my case in hands (wich could take some time due to shortage of supply).

But once more Thanks to the feedback.

Reactions: Neophyte

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I watched it and after a minute I was thinking about the AIO I have in my Silverste CS01-HS case. Yup, it's not Steve-approved. Unsure how I'd solve it as this case has very limited CPU cooling support. Oh well, I'll guess I'll know when it dies ?
I was thinking of all the Dan A4 builds with Asetek 645lt, according to this it is about the worst way you can mount one but how else would you do it. I have seen a lot of A4 owners complain about pump noise and this is probably the reason.

Reactions: Phuncz

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Aug 1, 2020
After seeing this video I am thinking in buy a aircooler instead of use my Cooler Master AIO ML120L. But I will decide once I have my case in hands (wich could take some time due to shortage of supply).

But once more Thanks to the feedback.

Fingers crossed for you. It is exactly the case I wanted. The moment Amazon started taking pre-orders, I jumped to get one. I didn't order the NR200P, though, which at the time was listed as coming in September. Amazon actually shipped mine out a day before their official "release date." Hopefully, you'll have similar luck.