Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Agree on the C1 availability. Id be willing to agree with push pull on the blackridge beating the l12, but never had a black ridge. But that puts you down to vlp ram, which is harder to get and usually slower to boot.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Agree on the C1 availability. Id be willing to agree with push pull on the blackridge beating the l12, but never had a black ridge. But that puts you down to vlp ram, which is harder to get and usually slower to boot.
I was meaning BR with 120 on top and 92 at bottom...pretty average compatibility especially on am4. (wo vlp ram)

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

I'm continuing my study on CL530 (Main aim is to replace my SM550 with a 3-slots GPU compatibility at similar size).
However integration of RTX 3090 FE seems difficult. (check above link)

I don't really want to undervolt my GPU, especially as my SM550 has top notch GPU cooling capability right now.

Do we have positive feedback on power hungry GPU while inside CL530?
My fear is that CL530 is recycling too much hot air.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017

I'm continuing my study on CL530 (Main aim is to replace my SM550 with a 3-slots GPU compatibility at similar size).
However integration of RTX 3090 FE seems difficult. (check above link)

I don't really want to undervolt my GPU, especially as my SM550 has top notch GPU cooling capability right now.

Do we have positive feedback on power hungry GPU while inside CL530?
My fear is that CL530 is recycling too much hot air.

You mention that it's in a media center, so I imagine that quite a bit of heat ends up recirculating in it's cubby. Anyway you can mount a small fan to the back of the media center to exhaust trapped heat?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
You mention that it's in a media center, so I imagine that quite a bit of heat ends up recirculating in it's cubby. Anyway you can mount a small fan to the back of the media center to exhaust trapped heat?
Well I decided to buy CL530. As for my past setup, I’ll find a way...:)
As you mentioned, key is to avoid as much as possible hot air recycling: faster fan speed and taller feet will be the key..:)

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Well I decided to buy CL530. As for my past setup, I’ll find a way...:)
As you mentioned, key is to avoid as much as possible hot air recycling: faster fan speed and taller feet will be the key..:)

If possible, could you clear some airways underneath it? Drill some holes in the cubby? It's drastic, but it might help ;)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
If possible, could you clear some airways underneath it? Drill some holes in the cubby? It's drastic, but it might help ;)
Don't miss understand my post..;)
I was refering to someone else post on Reddit that was experiencing major issues with RTX 3090.

As stated I'll benchmark in detail this CL530 (once received) by comparing it directly to SM550 and Cerberus-X...:)

Last edited:

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Don't miss understand my post..;)
I was refering to someone else post on Reddit that was experiencing major issues with RTX 3090.

As stated I'll benchmark in detail this CL530 (once received) by comparing it directly to SM550 and Cerberus-X...:)

Ah, my bad. I totally misread it. Sorry! :)

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Bruh that card is way too hot for this case lmao.
I don't think so.

Main issue in CL530 (like Node 202) is hot air exhaust.
Those type of case are very good at intake but struggles on exhaust (node 202 is catastrophic on this later).

I need to check clearance between back panel & GPU, but potential exhaust in CL530 seems good. (like P/N ATX case also from SFFTIME)

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Also that dude has posted a couple of times. He managed it, but he’s stuck with horizontal. It does much better vertical. I talked to him on one of his other threads.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Also that dude has posted a couple of times. He managed it, but he’s stuck with horizontal. It does much better vertical. I talked to him on one of his other threads.
I'll test in both orientation anyway...:)
Normally horizontal is not that different than vertical, but only if you leave enough clearance at bottom for hot air exhaust

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Yeah, if you click his name and look up the newer post, he shared his findings on what he had to do.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah, if you click his name and look up the newer post, he shared his findings on what he had to do.
Yes saw it, thanks.
Now he wants to replace his CL530 as thermal performance is not enough for him...it is sure that SFF world is pushing to make some compromises..;)
His remark about 5800X and L12S is surprising me.

Reactions: loader963

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Anyway, right now, I'll bench CL530 vs SM550 before potentially, luckily, hoping start thinking buying a new GPU (and CPU).

As multiple times confirmed, crypto currency miners have simply bought almost AMD GPU (even former generation) & Ampere GPU...very frustrating period of time for hardware enthousiasts.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I’m continuing my study on overpowered CL530..:)

Right now I’m focusing on GPU.
Depending on my tests with my gtx 1080ti gaming X, especially on recycling hot air, sapphire nitro + on rx 6800xt could have my preference over Red Devil. (Lighter, more compact, as powerful)
However, Red Devil has 62mm thickness and it could be way better to avoid internal air recycling inside CL530. Its fans will be way closer to side panel of CL530, intaking only fresh & external air.

To be continued..

Last edited:

Kommando

Average Stuffer
Dec 19, 2020
This is good information. Do you mind me asking where you got it from? I'm searching for pictures of the Red Devil and Nitro+ deshrouded.
Also the information about height, planeness and cooling capabilities with the NF-A12x25.

I suspect that the excellent stock cooling capabilites of the Nitro+ are better than the Red Devil because of the very good fan design that Sapphire uses. So in theory that would make the Red Devil the better option for deshrouding.