Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
Just arrived! Really excited to put it all together, but my CPU cooler doesn't arrive until tomorrow.

Just a note, on mine and with the ASUS ROG Strix x570-i, there's a rivet near the IO panel that seems to block the motherboard from fully seating against the back and lining up the mounting screws. I'm planning to cut / file it down but a head's up in case other people run into this issue.

Anyway, other than that small hiccup I'm really impressed with the fit and finish. Build will be done this weekend and I'll take some pictures after it's all done.

The Gigabyte x570 itx has the same problem. I had to file the rivet down and remove the mainboard backplate.

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
From reddit:

"I found a fabrication problem with our Console(CL520) and Conswole(CL530) products where the hole pattern for the motherboard on some units is 1/2" a hole width to close to the rear of the case. This issue causes motherboards with integrated IO shields to be very difficult, or impossible, to install.

Cause of the problem is when the CAM software converted our drawings to machine G code, the program was edited and these 4x standoffs were aligned to the quadrant of the reference hole, rather than the center of the hole.

Currently we are throwing out all affected inventory, and will be fabricating new cases over this weekend. Orders hopefully will be shipping the week of the 20th if we do not have further delays from human malware.

If you have a current order, or are looking to order in the near future, your case will fit and work correctly without this issue.

Contact us support@sliger.com or 775 356 5595 if any questions or concerns!

Note that today July 9th 2020 our internet is down, so phone calls might not go through and emails might not get replied to today, but I will try and keep tabs on this thread via our cellphone hot spot."

Reactions: loader963

lexkalin

Efficiency Noob
Apr 1, 2020
Did anyone had a chance to test CPU temps with a fan exhausting from heatsink rather than standard intake configuration? I was going to test myself later, but maybe someone already did and it’ll save me some time.

Aarav

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
I am intrested in the sliger console but on your site one thing is confusing me. There's an option of a 19pin connector and the other option is a USB C header with 19 pin 3.0 A. I dont know which one to go with. For your information I am going to go with the asus rog strix b550i motherboard with a ryzen 5 3600. So which option should i go with?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I am intrested in the sliger console but on your site one thing is confusing me. There's an option of a 19pin connector and the other option is a USB C header with 19 pin 3.0 A. I dont know which one to go with. For your information I am going to go with the asus rog strix b550i motherboard with a ryzen 5 3600. So which option should i go with?
USB C with 19 pin.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Is there any plans to reduce the shipping costs post pandemic?
Are you talking about shipping overseas or in the US? Sliger apparently added free ground shipping in the US. High international shipping costs are expected right now due to increased costs of shipping overseas.

Aarav

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
If i travel on the road with this case do i need to take precautions if i pack the case in a suitcase which is well padded from the inside. Basically should i remove the gpu or something from the case before leaving or something like that?

DevFX

Cable Smoosher
Aug 2, 2020
Hi everyone! I currently consider getting the CONSWOLE for my upcoming built. But I've planned to upgrade GPU when some nextgen mid-high lineups coming out sometimes next year. So I wonder if aftermarket PCIe riser cables (like these ones) are compatible with this case, or SLIGER will provide one after Ampere and Big Navi have been released.

Aarav

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
Hi everyone! I currently consider getting the CONSWOLE for my upcoming built. But I've planned to upgrade GPU when some nextgen mid-high lineups coming out sometimes next year. So I wonder if aftermarket PCIe riser cables (like these ones) are compatible with this case, or SLIGER will provide one after Ampere and Big Navi have been released.
I think that the ampere or big navi mid tier graphics card like the rtx 3070 wont need a new pcie riser cable because currently even the titan rtx dosent get bottlenecked with a pcie 3.0 riser cable so I suppose it would work but it sure would be good to receive which riser cable size they are using

Last edited:

DevFX

Cable Smoosher
Aug 2, 2020
I think that the ampere or big navi mid tier graphics card like the rtx 3070 wont need a new pcie riser cable because currently even the titan rtx dosent get bottlenecked with a pie 3.0 riser cable so I suppose it would work but it sure would be good to receive which riser cable size they are using
As I heard news, both nextgen AMD & Nvidia cards will adapt PCIe 4.0 interface. And I think most of enthusiast gamers (more than me who's more attracted to play story/narrative-driven rpg than speedy fps) will concern about this issue, so I think it's better to ask out here.

Last edited:

Aarav

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
If i travel on the road with this case do i need to take precautions if i pack the case in a suitcase which is well padded from the inside. Basically should i remove the gpu or something from the case before leaving or something like that?
^

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
I've traveled a little with my Conswole (just taking it in the car, not a plane). I basically just had it in a well padded bag and had the actual Conswole laying flat for the trip. It was totally fine. I'd think as long as the case is adequately padded so that the whole thing isn't bumping or bouncing around, it should be fine.

If you were to check it as luggage on a plane, that might require something a little more heavy duty like a Pelican case, I'd think. But for a car trip, any old bag with sufficient padding so that the case isn't shifting around should be fine.

Geauxst

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2019
finally getting around to building, does anyone have examples of SSD's in the conswole? having a hard time envisioning where they are supposed to go and I'm not sure if I'm just being an idiot or not.

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
finally getting around to building, does anyone have examples of SSD's in the conswole? having a hard time envisioning where they are supposed to go and I'm not sure if I'm just being an idiot or not.

They're behind the frontpannel. There's room for two. You attach them to the lip of the frame, with screws to the side of the SSD.

Geauxst

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2019
They're behind the frontpannel. There's room for two. You attach them to the lip of the frame, with screws to the side of the SSD.
Yeah I see the screw holes but is there supposed to be a bracket or something that comes with the case? I'm either totally overthinking this or underthinking it.