Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Just received my case yesterday, and it looks pristine. I might build in it before the base plate arrives. Shouldn't be a problem to fit afterwards.

jhautz

Caliper Novice
Jan 30, 2018
I just got my Conswol yesterday. (3 slot version) Came with 4 stick on rubber feet. Looks like they could be used in vertical or horizontal orientation to solve the uneven issue noted above. Im going to be using horizontally on the shelf of the entertainment center, but if I was using it standing up i would want the base plate. Even with the rubber feet it still seems like a narrow surface to be balancing it on, which is likely why they designed the base plate.

Cant wait to build in this thing. Its getting a 3900X, 2080 Super and the Silvrstone SFX 700W PSU. Should be a little beast. PSU is the last component arriving today. SFX PSUs are pretty scarce right now. Had a hard time finding one available above 450w.

Randol

Efficiency Noob
May 19, 2020
Just ordered all my parts. I'll be taking some parts out of my current build to downsize and will sell off what I can't use. Quick Parts list below.

Asus ROG Strix B450i
Ryzen 3600 (stock cooler for now)
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz C14 2x8GB
Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
Sabrent Rocket NVME m.2 1TB
Silverstone SX-700PT SFX PSU

My only worry is I saw the case says 40mm thickness for GPU but the gigabyte 1080 says it's 41mm. I'm guessing I may need to shave some bezel/shroud to get it to fit maybe? Anyone here know if I'll need to mod my GPU to fit?

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
it cant stand up without the base plate?

I've had my Conswole for a couple of weeks now, and I've been using it upright, without the baseplate, using the included rubber feet. Granted, mine is not in a position to reall tip over, but it feels quite solid. I've received the baseplate this week, but actually decided against using it.

s0l1v3r

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 13, 2018
Hi guys,
Right now, I'm building in my console 2 slot case as well.
But I have three minor criticisms. The sheet metal seems to develop too much tension during the cutting process (maybe temperature-induced ?) and therefore has quite a few curves in my case. The front cover is fixed slightly skewed. But what really annoys me is the rivet (bottom side), which is on the motherboard side. As soon as you have a motherboard with a backplate, it doesn't fit anymore. X570 - I aourus, if someone is interested. I will have to grind the rivet now down to fit the mobo. And I don't want to remove the backplate because it is working as a temperature buffer for some MOSFETs,

Maybe someone can answer me how high the Graphics card can be (mm). Or if 45 (47) mm in spite the 2 slot criteria would fit aswell.

But considering all things, I really like the case.

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
Hi guys,
Right now, I'm building in my console 2 slot case as well.
But I have three minor criticisms. The sheet metal seems to develop too much tension during the cutting process (maybe temperature-induced ?) and therefore has quite a few curves in my case. The front cover is fixed slightly skewed. But what really annoys me is the rivet (bottom side), which is on the motherboard side. As soon as you have a motherboard with a backplate, it doesn't fit anymore. X570 - I aourus, if someone is interested. I will have to grind the rivet now down to fit the mobo. And I don't want to remove the backplate because it is working as a temperature buffer for some MOSFETs,

Maybe someone can answer me how high the Graphics card can be (mm). Or if 45 (47) mm in spite the 2 slot criteria would fit aswell.

But considering all things, I really like the case.
Can you get pictures of the curves? I'm curious what it may look like.

bb-bbq

Case Bender
New User
Jun 10, 2020
Hey guys!

I have a Conswole on order from the EU partner Density Labs. Still looking for options for my up-coming Ryzen system based on Ryzen 7 3700X.

I've considered to base my system of Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming. Based on this motherboard, my questions regard choice of optimal cpu cooler and memory (at least 4400).

I'm in no real rush and can wait for next gen motherboards but would appreciate input from owners of Strix X570-I G in regards to cooler and memory compatibility/performance.

Thanks in advance! :)

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Hey guys!

I have a Conswole on order from the EU partner Density Labs. Still looking for options for my up-coming Ryzen system based on Ryzen 7 3700X.

I've considered to base my system of Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming. Based on this motherboard, my questions regard choice of optimal cpu cooler and memory (at least 4400).

I'm in no real rush and can wait for next gen motherboards but would appreciate input from owners of Strix X570-I G in regards to cooler and memory compatibility/performance.

I've got the Conswole with the same Asus X570 board. Using a 3600 with a Noctua L12S cooler and the Corsair Vengeance LPX low profile memory. It all fits together in the Conswole fine. I think Sliger is adjusting future runs of the case, but with mine ( and others that noted this on the Sliger Reddit page) there was a little rivet that I had to grind down with a dremel to get the X570-I to sit in the case properly. Not a big deal but definitely something to be aware of especially with that mobo.

The L12S fits on that motherboard but I had to take the shroud off of the backplate to get it fitting comfortably. I ended up taking off the front RGB M.2 heatsink too because I was using an M.2 with a heatsink already on it, but again, with the L12S I don't know how comfortably it would fit in otherwise.

Reactions: bb-bbq

minh278

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 10, 2018
Hey guys!

Waiting for the conswole.

This is from a cardboard build.
For my Strix X570-I and l-12s everything fits without modification(heatpipes toward IO), nothing touching.
Everything is quite tight(put the m.2 heatsink and ram on before the cpu cooler).
You NEED smaller ram like Corsair lpx or Bastillix Sport LP(what I have) For the l-12s(120mm fan config). It cools an 3700x fine.

Reactions: bb-bbq

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
My console is due tomorrow from Density. I've still got to order a CPU cooler as my RAM won't go under the Black Ridge, which is my preferred choice, and everywhere in the UK seems to be short on NH-L9a stock.

Just a question, because this case uses a riser, can I just put the Black Ridge in it facing down towards the PCIe and the riser should fit underneath it fine, and that way it doesn't interfere with the RAM? I assumed it had to go either towards or away from the RAM but then I found a video online with someone testing it with no GPU installed and he had it installed facing downwards.

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
Actually i've just looked and it seems that it still fouls the RAM no matter how you install it.

duq

Chassis Packer
Apr 4, 2020
OMG the Conswole and maybe even Console look like perfect cases for that GTX 3080 heatsink design:)

Reactions: DrHudacris

duq

Chassis Packer
Apr 4, 2020
Will be up on Dec 2nd for Cyber Monday, there will be an all black option as well!
I just looked at my Conswole and found that there would be enough space for an optical drive behind the PSU. I'm pretty sure I would buy an another one if this could be integrated. Even with the slot opening on the side (meaning the disc would be through the top panel when in standing orientation) would be tempting. That way would it be fairly easy to manufacture, not even redesigning the front panel.