Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger Would you just consider selling it without the pci-e extension for a time?

This would just add too much work on having to send out risers later, the Consmole will have a no riser option as well.

Still keen on the Conswole!

Pretty much got all my parts now so hopefully the China situation is able to be resolved some time soon.

Doing a 3700x/2080 Super build.

Got confirmation today that our vendor that they are back to work today, and that they can have us risers by early/mid-March. So we're looking better!

SO the CONSWOLE will have 3 fans by the GPU and none by the CPU, is that correct?

There is just two 120mm fan mounting points behind the GPU. In the Conswole you can use a 2-slot GPU and 2x regular 25mm thick fans, or you can use 2x slim 120mm fans in either case.

Also on this note:

Would anyone be interested in the case coming with Noctua slim fans pre-installed?

No cheap fans, would strictly be 2x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax.Black.swap. slim 120mm fans.

Would sell them at a small discount over retail, so you'd save $10~$15 vs buying case and fans separate.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
This would just add too much work on having to send out risers later, the Consmole will have a no riser option as well.

Got confirmation today that our vendor that they are back to work today, and that they can have us risers by early/mid-March. So we're looking better!

There is just two 120mm fan mounting points behind the GPU. In the Conswole you can use a 2-slot GPU and 2x regular 25mm thick fans, or you can use 2x slim 120mm fans in either case.

Also on this note:

Would anyone be interested in the case coming with Noctua slim fans pre-installed?

No cheap fans, would strictly be 2x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax.Black.swap. slim 120mm fans.

Would sell them at a small discount over retail, so you'd save $10~$15 vs buying case and fans separate.
Yes

Reactions: LegendsofMace

txporter

Caliper Novice
Feb 1, 2020
Just wanted to try to clarify based on the pictures that I have seen posted, the gpu fan and the cpu fan will both point towards the top of the case when laid flat, correct? I believe that I saw cases like the Fractal Node 202 had the gpu fans pointing down in that orientation. I don't see this case listed on the Sliger site yet, so trying to make sure. That was the main thing that turned me off of the larger console style cases that accepted full-sized gpu.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

Only in the Console, as you said Conswole could use 25mm fans so would be unfortunate to have to swap them out. Unless you just made it a checkmark option?

nzilliox

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2019

I think that would be a great option for people to choose if they like it. I know I would pick it fro sure

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I think that would be a great option for people to choose if they like it. I know I would pick it fro sure

Thank you both =]

Only in the Console, as you said Conswole could use 25mm fans so would be unfortunate to have to swap them out. Unless you just made it a checkmark option?

My concern is that people are going to buy this case, and then not put fans behind the GPU - then complain temperatures are horrible and the case is loud etc.

That and people might stick full 25mm thick fans in and wonder why the GPU doesn't fit. (You'd be amazed some of the ways I've seen my other cases get used incorrectly and the complaints we get, I can't imagine what bigger companies go through with more basic and first time users.)

I think for Console fans will probably be mandatory, and Conswole will be optional yes / no. Slim possiblity I could offer 15mm / 25mm / none.

Another concern on offering 25mm is that I don't have any other case designed to use A12x25 fans. The SM570 and SV590 might get AIO options that use the F12 Chromax, which would be terrible in this case. Lots of inventory to carry, want to keep it simple.

Just wanted to try to clarify based on the pictures that I have seen posted, the gpu fan and the cpu fan will both point towards the top of the case when laid flat, correct? I believe that I saw cases like the Fractal Node 202 had the gpu fans pointing down in that orientation. I don't see this case listed on the Sliger site yet, so trying to make sure. That was the main thing that turned me off of the larger console style cases that accepted full-sized gpu.

Correct - GPU, CPU, and PSU all pull air in from the lid side when laid flat. The slim fans under the GPU are for exhausting the heat out the opposite side of the lid so that there is zero thermal loopback and temperatures stay under control.

j3bu5

Case Bender
New User
Dec 29, 2019
Any updated ETA by chance? I'm considering getting this case and using an external portable rad setup with it :D

phantasml

Case Bender
New User
Jan 15, 2020
Would be interested in the slim fans as an option.

I saw the models and wondering if theres enough space to use 140mm fans instead?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Any updated ETA by chance? I'm considering getting this case and using an external portable rad setup with it :D

I am just waiting on PCIe risers, soon as I have a solid ETA from our vendor I will post something. Ballpark is most likely mid March.

Would be interested in the slim fans as an option.

I saw the models and wondering if theres enough space to use 140mm fans instead?

The case is specifically designed only for 120mm fans and they are mounted in a weird way, standoffs into the fan holes, so that there are no screws on the outside. In turn this makes it impossible to retrofit it for 140mm fans as the blades of the 140mm would hit the standoffs for the 120mm fans.

Reactions: pwnedundies

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I think for Console fans will probably be mandatory, and Conswole will be optional yes / no. Slim possiblity I could offer 15mm / 25mm / none.

Another concern on offering 25mm is that I don't have any other case designed to use A12x25 fans. The SM570 and SV590 might get AIO options that use the F12 Chromax, which would be terrible in this case. Lots of inventory to carry, want to keep it simple.
Agree with the first sentence there 100%. But wouldn't making the fans mandatory mess with your $149 entry level price point?
At the 120x25 size, the non-chromax A12x25 is ideal for both rads and case airflow. So if you settled on brown then you could stock 1 part for every 120x25mm use case.

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
My concern is that people are going to buy this case, and then not put fans behind the GPU - then complain temperatures are horrible and the case is loud etc.
This is me. I wouldn't complain, but if a case doesn't come with fans pre-installed I'm generally too lazy to install any and optimize the cooling situation. If the fans are the recommended setup, I'd definitely appreciate the option for pre-installed chromax black Noctua fans.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
I would totally be onboard with the preinstalled Chromax fans... except I already bought a bunch when I got the rest of the parts for this build in December/November.

So I personally, wouldn't opt for them this go around but I love the idea.

Quick question on the colors for the Console/Conswole- the 2 color options are still the grey/silver anodized aluminum front panel versus a black anodized aluminum front, with the chasis being matte black? Is there still the option for custom powder coating? And, if so would that only apply to metal chasis or can the front aluminum panel be custom colored as well?

Geauxst

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2019
I would be on board for pre-installed fans.

I'm curious, any idea how cooling with a blower style gpu would be? I assume if the fans as installed are exhausting then they'll still benefit from them, just not quite as much as an open air gpu probably would?