Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
Pre-installed fans or even fans boxed together with the case seems like a great idea, although (if possible) it'd be nice to know beforehand how much of a thermal improvement those bring to the table.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I would be on board for pre-installed fans.

I'm curious, any idea how cooling with a blower style gpu would be? I assume if the fans as installed are exhausting then they'll still benefit from them, just not quite as much as an open air gpu probably would?
Imo, blowers work very well on the - - 70 series and lower cards. The higher wattage blower cards do work, but are generally louder and not able to keep full power as they throttle due to the limited cooling.

Reactions: ermac318

nzilliox

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2019
Would the Conswole support higher end builds?

3900x/2080ti is what I plan on using. My biggest concern in CPU cooling.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

Conswole would let you use taller coolers like the Noctua L12S, which will be a major upgrade over any air cooler you could fit in the standard Console.

The GPU could be a full three slot triple fan card for maximum cooling as well.

nzilliox

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2019
Conswole would let you use taller coolers like the Noctua L12S, which will be a major upgrade over any air cooler you could fit in the standard Console.

The GPU could be a full three slot triple fan card for maximum cooling as well.

Thanks, it should be perfect for what I'm looking for.

nnotnenn

Efficiency Noob
Jan 22, 2020

I erred on the side of caution and went with the 3700x + L12S. Built it in a temporary case last night and temps weren't amazing (hit 80c right at the end of a single Cinebench run) but I think if you did some undervolting or played around a bit, the 3900x would work okay. The L12S

One thing I'm a little unsure of is this:
Correct - GPU, CPU, and PSU all pull air in from the lid side when laid flat. The slim fans under the GPU are for exhausting the heat out the opposite side of the lid so that there is zero thermal loopback and temperatures stay under control.
The L12S by default pushes air out away from the CPU. I guess I could flip it to align the airflow with the above but the fact the fan sits under the heatsink confuses me a little bit (i.e. will pulling air through the warm heatsink result in worse temps?).

txporter

Caliper Novice
Feb 1, 2020
I erred on the side of caution and went with the 3700x + L12S. Built it in a temporary case last night and temps weren't amazing (hit 80c right at the end of a single Cinebench run) but I think if you did some undervolting or played around a bit, the 3900x would work okay. The L12S

I had a very similar experience with a 3600 (non-X) and a L12S in a very small case (ML06-E) and temperatures running hot in Cinebench and Prime95 at stock settings. My ML06-E case does not have any fans currently other than the cpu cooler, so I cannot really say how the other exhaust fans might help (I assume quite a bit). I ended up undervolting and have been very happy with it, but I would be concerned about the 3900X.

Reactions: nzilliox

nzilliox

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2019

One thing I'm a little unsure of is this:

The L12S by default pushes air out away from the CPU. I guess I could flip it to align the airflow with the above but the fact the fan sits under the heatsink confuses me a little bit (i.e. will pulling air through the warm heatsink result in worse temps?).

I'm looking to do 1440p gaming so maybe even 3600x for better temps is a good option.

The Noctua L12S is designed for the fan to blow, either way, I guess the idea is to pull cool air through the fin stack and across the motherboard.

Are GPU fans supposed to be exhaust? If so I would create a negative pressure system and air should come through all the vents in the case.

txporter

Caliper Novice
Feb 1, 2020
Are GPU fans supposed to be exhaust? If so I would create a negative pressure system and air should come through all the vents in the case.
Do you mean the fans on the GPU itself? I believe that the open air fans usually pull air in towards the heat sinks while the blower style exhaust out the back.

nzilliox

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2019
I had a very similar experience with a 3600 (non-X) and a L12S in a very small case (ML06-E) and temperatures running hot in Cinebench and Prime95 at stock settings. My ML06-E case does not have any fans currently other than the cpu cooler, so I cannot really say how the other exhaust fans might help (I assume quite a bit). I ended up undervolting and have been very happy with it, but I would be concerned about the 3900X.

I'm thinking the 3600x will be a better option, the extra fans should keep temps in check.

Reactions: Moongata

nzilliox

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2019
Do you mean the fans on the GPU itself? I believe that the open air fans usually pull air in towards the heat sinks while the blower style exhaust out the back.
I asked the question poorly sorry, when installing the fans in the case on the GPU side, is it recommended to set them as exhaust.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I am just waiting on PCIe risers, soon as I have a solid ETA from our vendor I will post something. Ballpark is most likely mid March.

With mid March not being too far away do we have some more final information on everything? Price? Last thing I remember was just the prototype. Do you have final revisions of both cases so that we have the exact final clearances and photos? Also, are you sending it out to anyone for review so that we can see some third party performance and temp reviews to validate your own?

Sorry for all the questions!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
With mid March not being too far away do we have some more final information on everything? Price? Last thing I remember was just the prototype. Do you have final revisions of both cases so that we have the exact final clearances and photos? Also, are you sending it out to anyone for review so that we can see some third party performance and temp reviews to validate your own?

Sorry for all the questions!

Would love the info on this as well

I am just waiting on any word out of China on the PCIe risers and now our front panel IO and power buttons.
Not sure if they went back into lock down or something, no emails or answers to phone calls.

Soon as I know something either way we will upload the page.

Worst case will put them up with pre-order with a longer wait time here in the next few weeks.

Page will have all the technical information on dimensions.

Price is still targeted at $149 for base Console; options such as handle, fans, front panel IO, base plate, rack ears, under desk mount kit, etc all add like $10 to $20 each.

Conswole price is still TBD, thinking like $169 or $175 base price. $169 might be too much meme.

Geauxst

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2019
Great to know, I understand the current situation with China is quite a struggle and totally out of your or anyone elses control. With regards to options, can stuff like the handle etc be purchased later if needed? Aside from the IO panel and the pre-installed fans that is. I think thats about it as far as questions go unless you'd be brave enough to sate my curiosity and disclose if there are any plans in the work for sourcing parts differently if the holdup is extended further into the future.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I am just waiting on any word out of China on the PCIe risers and now our front panel IO and power buttons.
Not sure if they went back into lock down or something, no emails or answers to phone calls.

Soon as I know something either way we will upload the page.

Worst case will put them up with pre-order with a longer wait time here in the next few weeks.

Page will have all the technical information on dimensions.

Price is still targeted at $149 for base Console; options such as handle, fans, front panel IO, base plate, rack ears, under desk mount kit, etc all add like $10 to $20 each.

Conswole price is still TBD, thinking like $169 or $175 base price. $169 might be too much meme.
Thanks for the update! I'm not worried about the shipping date I'm still working on piecing the build so I was just hoping for the full overview of everything to make the decisions. Absolutely can wait until you are ready.

Also please meme us to space. No reason to worry about the price and the name is fantastic, always has been. I'm excited to see the boundaries pushed in this one.

I've owned a taku and it's vent patterns were just so poor and this has me super excited to see what can be done. Imo this is the most aesthetically pleasing case in your lineup so far.

SloppyCandy

Efficiency Noob
Jun 2, 2017
A question:

Would a 2.5 slot card (50mm) fit in the console?

Similarly would it fit in the top two slots of the conswole if I wanted to get weird and use the bottom slot for bifurcation?

Basically asking the clearance between the end of the pcie slots and the side pannel.

Reactions: pwnedundies