Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
We expect to put this case up on our site for preorder next week, ship date will be March 30th.

Will be a soft launch as we are completely buried as is, and our vendors for switches / PCIe risers / power cords / front panel IO are all running at 30% to 50% of pre-virus capacity.

A question:

Would a 2.5 slot card (50mm) fit in the console?

Similarly would it fit in the top two slots of the conswole if I wanted to get weird and use the bottom slot for bifurcation?

Basically asking the clearance between the end of the pcie slots and the side pannel.

Unfortunately no, will have to go with a Conswole for anything bigger than 2.1 slot.

In the Conswole it would be possible to put it in the outer two slots, but again will be limited to 2.1 slots.

There is no bifurcation support in the Conswole. Part of the cost saving measure of this case was to eliminate the bracket that holds the riser in the SM and SV series, unfortunately in turn we had to eliminate the bifurcation riser because of the difference in the mounting hole positions between the standard riser and bifurcation riser. (Wouldn't want any shorted out GPUs.)

very agree with the noctua fans

pics? update?

Still working out the fans. Noctua is buried.

StecksnichdrinOner

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 21, 2019
Considering the 'soft launch', will density get any stock in the near future?
Cause if they don't, I'll consider just taking the VAT and shipping hit myself

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Damn. Front Panel IO (FPIO) boards just got pushed back to late April / early May. (Originally were supposed to be here late Feb, then mid March, now this.)

Thinking that launching with a few shipment options, similar to our SM570/SM580 launch delays:

1. Cases without front panel IO ship early April, no change here.

2. Cases with front panel IO can ship early April, but with no FPIO board installed. When we get the boards (in May) we will ship it to you and you can install it.

3. Case ships in May with FPIO board installed.

We're pushing our vendors to allocate us the USB cable sooner as we had placed this order back in December, but apparently the raw material delays on USB cables right now are insane - like 3 or 4 months. Will also have to update the SM series to reflect this delay.

Bosmos

Efficiency Noob
Apr 7, 2018
Damn. Front Panel IO (FPIO) boards just got pushed back to late April / early May. (Originally were supposed to be here late Feb, then mid March, now this.)

Thinking that launching with a few shipment options, similar to our SM570/SM580 launch delays:

2. Cases with front panel IO can ship early April, but with no FPIO board installed. When we get the boards (in May) we will ship it to you and you can install it.

We're pushing our vendors to allocate us the USB cable sooner as we had placed this order back in December, but apparently the raw material delays on USB cables right now are insane - like 3 or 4 months. Will also have to update the SM series to reflect this delay.
so a model with no front I/O would be soonish? Like the material not milled for front I/O I presume? Because I'm up for that.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019

Yeah I'm in for option 1 as well. Never wanted it to begin with because I never use them.

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
I'd be fine with no FPIO as well. I wasn't planning on using the front 3.5mm or USB-C anyway. The one USB Type-A would have been useful, but not a dealbreaker as I'd be using a hub regardless.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
I'd probably be in for the second option ( Conswole with FPIO but go ahead and ship the case w/o the board).

Would be exactly the same situation as when I ordered my SM580 at launch and the FPIO came separately and that was fine. Although I remember then the FPIO board actually came before my actual SM580.

Geauxst

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2019
I would be interested in 1 or 2, also any sort of mailing list to get an update for when orders go up.

Is option 2 particularly difficult? Not something I've ever messed with or looked at doing before.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
I would be interested in 1 or 2, also any sort of mailing list to get an update for when orders go up.

Is option 2 particularly difficult? Not something I've ever messed with or looked at doing before.
When I ordered my SM580 this past summer it shipped with the FPIO board separately. It was super simple to put in though. No problem at all.

SloppyCandy

Efficiency Noob
Jun 2, 2017

Will be interested in ordering a #1, was hoping for IO delete anyways. I assume at a later date if we ever want IO we can order a new face panel and the IO slot. Any final word on available front cover color options?

There is no bifurcation support in the Conswole. Part of the cost saving measure of this case was to eliminate the bracket that holds the riser in the SM and SV series, unfortunately in turn we had to eliminate the bifurcation riser because of the difference in the mounting hole positions between the standard riser and bifurcation riser. (Wouldn't want any shorted out GPUs.)

Challenge accepted!

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

Will there still be rackmountable options? what are HDD options like in the Cons(w)ole?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Will the Conswole be up for pre-order this week or has it been delayed due to the parts shortage?

Looking like Friday night!

Will there still be rackmountable options? what are HDD options like in the Cons(w)ole?

Rack mount ears will be available as an option on launch, as well as an under-desk mount bracket set.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Rack mount ears will be available as an option on launch, as well as an under-desk mount bracket set.

Definitely interested in the rack mount option. The company I work for wants to move away from an obsolete COM-E form factor solution towards a more commercial option (mITX) and with rack mounts, this might be exactly what we're looking for.