Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
I am going to change the current CONSOLE to be called the CONSMOLE, and the 3-slot version will be the CONSOLE.

New larger design similar to the Thermaltake G3 layout (ATX + 360mm + SFX) will be the CONSWOLE.

3-slot version looks identical to this, just a bit thick and with some small changes to internal layout.
The prototype of the 2-slot should be done early next week, and I will make any fixes and then will make a prototype of the 3-slot.
Should have them both ready by 1st week of Nov.

This 2-slot design shown in the thread will be $149 with free shipping.

Options like base plate, front panel IO, color, etc. increasing price from there.

3-slot version will be $199.
So, I have been excited for this announcement since it was made. However, I procrastinated providing feedback and clearing up my confusion.

You stated that the conswole case will be ATX + SFX, yet it's at a staggering 20L volume. What is inflating that number to this extent? I feel like I am missing something here. Is it perhaps because it will be made specifically for water cooling? Another fellow on this forum will be designing the form factor SFF case, but at a little bit over half that volume. That is a quite mind boggling to me.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
So, I have been excited for this announcement since it was made. However, I procrastinated providing feedback and clearing up my confusion.

You stated that the conswole case will be ATX + SFX, yet it's at a staggering 20L volume. What is inflating that number to this extent? I feel like I am missing something here. Is it perhaps because it will be made specifically for water cooling? Another fellow on this forum will be designing the form factor SFF case, but at a little bit over half that volume. That is a quite mind boggling to me.

That's a good point, if you are referring to p-atx? It does not support 360mm radiators, however.

I wonder if the 360mm radiator is rotated 90 degrees, could everything fit in a 44cm x 8 cm x 40cm envelope? ATX MB, 65mm CPU cooler height (accommodates apogee drive II), SFX PSU, GPU on a riser parallel to Mobo, 360mm rad plus fans, blowing air from one panel out the other (similar to the AIO setup on the p-atx).

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Should have pictures next week of both CONSOLE (2-slot) and CONSWOLE (3-slot) - looking really good!

CONSMOLE will be mothballed for now.

The ATX "console" case will have a different name, TBD.

How much would it cost to add a removable side panel with brackets? like dana4 or similar

The current design has a ball stud panel on the open side, once that is opened there really is no need to take any other panels off as the case is very open for cable management and airflow.

It's just not possible to get a 360mm AIO, SFX PSU, and an ATX board into anything much under 20L without making the case ridiculously hard to work in. Going to be tight fit as is.

tifaff

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2019
The current design has a ball stud panel on the open side, once that is opened there really is no need to take any other panels off as the case is very open for cable management and airflow.
how is that? do you know any case with that to see how is it

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
That's a good point, if you are referring to p-atx? It does not support 360mm radiators, however.
I do, indeed =)

It's just not possible to get a 360mm AIO, SFX PSU, and an ATX board into anything much under 20L without making the case ridiculously hard to work in. Going to be tight fit as is.
Ah, so I was correct about the reason behind this then. While I am excited for more water cooling opportunities like this. I will never water cool a PC in my life, which then kills this case for me. I can never understand how people are already fearless with this practice with full towers, let alone an SFF build.

That being said, I wish you the best in your endeavor! I will still try to keep up updated in case (no pun intended) anything changes.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Did someone say SFF water cooling?
You know it.

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Did someone say SFF water cooling?
Truly fearless! I mean, believe me when I say that I would do the same. Just as long as I have money in the bank to rebuild a PC when things go south. I am sure most people like me are the same.

Deanorep

What's an ITX?
Nov 5, 2019
Should have pictures next week of both CONSOLE (2-slot) and CONSWOLE (3-slot) - looking really good!
I just registered here just to say that I'm really excited for this. I'm currently putting together a build for my living room and was planning on getting either a SM560 or Cerberus but the Conswole checks all of my boxes and will fit into my entertainment center perfectly.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Community question, looking at the Conswole’s specs, what is the best sub 75mm cpu cooler? Been looking and in my research, it’s coming up between a Cryorig C1 with the Noctua fan mod or else the Pallas.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Community question, looking at the Conswole’s specs, what is the best sub 75mm cpu cooler? Been looking and in my research, it’s coming up between a Cryorig C1 with the Noctua fan mod or else the Pallas.

Other options: Alpenfohn Black Ridge, Scythe Big Shuriken 3, Cryorig C7 Cu/G, Thermalright AXP-100, ID-Cooling IS-60, Noctua L9x65, and Cooler Master GeminII M5.

Maybe in that order, hard to say. C1 would likely be in L9 (55mm version) territory, and Pallas would be higher up in performance.
Usually the biggest copper heatsink with the most heatpipes and a good fan will win.

@KSliger would the Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP fit? Official specs say 75.4mm height, though that's with a 25mm fan, so I'm guessing swapping out with a slim fan would make it fit, regardless.

Last edited:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Ooh the Shadow Rock would be interesting. But I know the C1 beats a C7 and the l9 series. Saw the Gemini pop up as well, but looking at reviews, the Pallas looks like it beats that. Black ridge with 120mm fan might can be up there, just so many conflicting user reviews on it. Will also check on Scythe. Had a shuriken 2 that was good, haven’t looked at the 3.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Ooh the Shadow Rock would be interesting. But I know the C1 beats a C7 and the l9 series. Saw the Gemini pop up as well, but looking at reviews, the Pallas looks like it beats that. Black ridge with 120mm fan might can be up there, just so many conflicting user reviews on it. Will also check on Scythe. Had a shuriken 2 that was good, haven’t looked at the 3.

Oh, right, forgot the C1 is 74mm one. Yeah that should perform well.

Also realized Noctua L12S should fit. That would be one of the better compatibility options in the 60mm to 75mm height range.

Last edited:
Reactions: loader963

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Yeah and it helps I still have one somewhere I think lol. But from what I remember it ain’t the quietest cooler under a big load. Still, that shadow rock really intrigues me. Gonna look it up again.

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
Yeah and it helps I still have one somewhere I think lol. But from what I remember it ain’t the quietest cooler under a big load. Still, that shadow rock really intrigues me. Gonna look it up again.

the LP is only slightly better than the L12S, not really worth it if you already have an L12S

Monocled Falcon

Case Bender
Nov 7, 2019
Made an account to say this is by far my most looked-forward-to case I have seen. Literally exactly what I was looking for (the 3 slot and L12s fitting version). Please hurry!

rahl07

Caliper Novice
Nov 28, 2017
I'll be laying it flat, but I'll put isolation dampening rubber hemisphere feet on it. Something like youd use in audio equipment.

Reactions: Soul_Est