Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
got reminded of the time when there was a lesson on shaders and they brought up reflections. everything was chrome for two weeks because why the hell not

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
I’m eager to see your final setup...:)
Oh yes, it's going to be glorious lol. There'll be a slide get delay due to funding problems for the components though. Sub frame failed on my vehicle 2 weeks ago; had to buy a new car. Wallet is a little tight unfortunately

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Oh yes, it's going to be glorious lol. There'll be a slide get delay due to funding problems for the components though. Sub frame failed on my vehicle 2 weeks ago; had to buy a new car. Wallet is a little tight unfortunately
Enthusiast issue..:) take your time..:)

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016
Sorry for the posible repeated question. Max height?

"CPU Air Coolers
SFX Internal Kit: 137mm with the side hinge bracket installed, 145mm with side hinge bracket removed
SFX Rear Plate: 75mm max height
ATX Rear Plate: 48mm max height"
http://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus/#specifications

(i think this is a little bit conservative, because the noctua nh-c14s fits with the side bracket in place, and noctua lists it as 142mm tall with the fan on top: https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/tdpguide)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
"CPU Air Coolers
SFX Internal Kit: 137mm with the side hinge bracket installed, 145mm with side hinge bracket removed
SFX Rear Plate: 75mm max height
ATX Rear Plate: 48mm max height"
http://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus/#specifications

(i think this is a little bit conservative, because the noctua nh-c14s fits with the side bracket in place, and noctua lists it as 142mm tall with the fan on top: https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/tdpguide)
H7 quad lumi, without hinge, is the maximum cpu cooler height, ie 145mm tall.

Luminair

Chassis Packer
Mar 7, 2018
I think it has been covered elsewhere, but I just went through 200 pages tonight and I'm not remembering right:

What sizing is right for DEMCiflex dust covers for bottom and front on the standard Cerberus? I don't think they have something off the shelf, so I'm fine with customs. Just wanted to check first.

Johnny0971

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
I think it has been covered elsewhere, but I just went through 200 pages tonight and I'm not remembering right:

What sizing is right for DEMCiflex dust covers for bottom and front on the standard Cerberus? I don't think they have something off the shelf, so I'm fine with customs. Just wanted to check first.

I got a Cerberus X, and I'm using Ncase bottom filter for bottom intake, and I'm using 2x normal 120mm filters that they have for front fans, and for the side vent I use Ncase top filter.

It fits really good, I can recommend them.

Johnny0971

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
Guys does anyone know if it is possible to fit a E-ATX motherboard and a SFX PSU in the front of the Cerberus X at the same time, or am I restricted to using ATX size board due to SFX PSU blocking?

Thanks!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Guys does anyone know if it is possible to fit a E-ATX motherboard and a SFX PSU in the front of the Cerberus X at the same time, or am I restricted to using ATX size board due to SFX PSU blocking?

Thanks!
In case of eatx mb, you have to go on rear mounted psu. Not enough space for front sfx psu with eatx mb.

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
Damn. Board has space for one m.2. Having said that, it is a 40 lane chip so i will have the (expensive) option of an x8 duel nvme card.

Original plan was going to ryzen atx.
The 1800x is in an itx (massive itx case for now), and on 4ghz on air.
I have since procured a nice 5960x sample, and an asus r5e 10 edition.

Reactions: MarcParis

Manic1

Case Bender
New User
Mar 9, 2018
New member planing on getting the Cerberus X. Just wondering if all the parts I have and am buying will fit in the case.

Have:
nzxt kraken x62 2800mm AIO
Asus 1080ti strix
2.5 inch drive
3.5 inch drive.
4x8gb ram

will buy
ATX motherboard
ATX PSU
Case fans

May switch to a MATX motherboard and SFX PSU to save space.

What do you guys think?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
New member planing on getting the Cerberus X. Just wondering if all the parts I have and am buying will fit in the case.

Have:
nzxt kraken x62 2800mm AIO
Asus 1080ti strix
2.5 inch drive
3.5 inch drive.
4x8gb ram

will buy
ATX motherboard
ATX PSU
Case fans

May switch to a MATX motherboard and SFX PSU to save space.

What do you guys think?
Whatever case size, choose SFX-L psu (600W mini).
I guess everything fits in micro atx model, with front mounted psu. However you will need to replace side exhaust fan by 3.5 hdd...that I won't do with an open air GPU like your GTX 1080ti strix.