Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
There isn't much information outside of this forum for the Serbian-X. Damn commies. *No offense to any communists.* or *Adidas track suit jockeys.*

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
So the Cerberus-X supports ATX but not mATX?
Can I get a brief overview of the differences between Cerberus and Cerberus-X? Couldn't find anything about the Cerberus-X on the website or the OP.
Cerberus-x is standard cerberus with 61mm height increase.
By default it’s compatible mini itx and atx (but not micro atx)

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
So the Cerberus-X supports ATX but not mATX?

Correct. You could install mATX in a Cerb-X but the lowest row of mATX standoffs are missing so it would lack some support under the PCIe slots. This could be partially remedied by putting some stick on plastic standoffs there.

EDIT - note that the standoffs in both cases are pressed in so you can't just screw extras in where you need them.

Reactions: Biowarejak

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Would a full ATX motherboard interfere with a thick bottom rad if the bottom slots are left unpopulated?

https://www.evga.com/articles/01151/evga-z370-series-motherboards/

Though, I may just go with cementing a few posts in place. Would be great if Sliger would charge me some extra cash to do a custom solution for me .
In fact i’ve tried a watercooling solution in my cerberus-x.
First advice/requirement : just use 120mm fan or 120/240 mm radiator at the bottom.

Evertyhing thicker than 25mm fan will cover bottom of your motherboard, HOWEVER, you can easily offset them to be the closest possible of the side panel freeing enough space to rout cable, m.2 ssd, etc.
But bottom pci slot will be blocked with a radiator at the bottom.

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
In fact i’ve tried a watercooling solution in my cerberus-x.
First advice/requirement : just use 120mm fan or 120/240 mm radiator at the bottom.

Evertyhing thicker than 25mm fan will cover bottom of your motherboard, HOWEVER, you can easily offset them to be the closest possible of the side panel freeing enough space to rout cable, m.2 ssd, etc.
But bottom pci slot will be blocked with a radiator at the bottom.

Unfortunately the fans that I want are 140mm x 25mm. It shouldn't be much of a problem though since I don't need the bottom slot anyways. I'm only getting one GPU and the onboard audio will be more than enough .

So there is room for everything, I'll just be blocking expansion slots?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Forget any 140mm fan/radiator at bottom as feet are covering screw location...you can put 1x140mm or 2x120mm at bottom..;)

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Anyone have any color choices in mind yet? @Phuncz says red, which after seeing @MarcParis 's build log looks to be gorgeous.

I'm going Slate panels and Black roof with handle kit. Leaning towards the front sfx psu option but may go with the rear mount. I have an H100v2 that I would like to keep using if possible.

To think I had my X370 Taichi on eBay and was getting offers last week. I cancelled the listing when the announcement was made for CerbX going into production.

Close one!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
So I would be unable to mount a 280mm rad on the bottom? I can't move the feet? I'm planning to put the fans on top in a pull configuration.

I used a 280mmx25mm rad in bottom of my Cerberus with 25mm fans, fit great other than my motherboard SATA connector pushed into the fan housing lightly.

Some updates:

We should have colors for preview on forums here next week, pre-order up not long after that.

Slot covers on production units will be black powder coated to match chassis.

Ball studs will be staying 6 per side panel.

More to come!

Last edited: