Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
More barnyard sized offerings from NZXT, oh the joy.

In the mean time I may grab a jonsbo rm2 and see what I can squeeze in, while I wait for this. I have an asrock x370 sitting around, there are no decent itx boards out yet.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
NZXT released 3 cases (ATX H700i, mATX H400i, ITX H200i). the Cerberus could sit within the volume space of the ITX case, LOL
As i keep repeating, rgb and tempered glass are evil..:)
Well h200i enters in direct competition of define nano s...either cases are not really space efficient.

My precious cerberus-x is far superior..but it has no tempered glass nor rgb....i love it.

That makes me think of one important stuff :
PLEASE @PlayfulPhoenix and @KSliger please propose multi color optio for cerberus. My red and black cerberus-x (even if it was a mistake) is marvellous! So i beg you to propose that option on serial release..:)

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Maybe we need a matching service that lets red-on-black people find black-on-red people so they can exchange panels. :p

Normally I'd choose black, no question. That red seems amazing though. Problem is it's hard to be sure when so many pictures fly around without color calibration, I've seen some pic that range from a very rich red to a slightly washed out and orangy red.

Reactions: VegetableStu

Pyrath

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2016
As i keep repeating, rgb and tempered glass are evil..:)
Well h200i enters in direct competition of define nano s...either cases are not really space efficient.

My precious cerberus-x is far superior..but it has no tempered glass nor rgb....i love it.

My immediate building goal in life is to have you compliment my windowed, christmas tree Cerberus build. :)

Reactions: Nanook

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
Without having to scan through the 80 pages with stuff since i last was here.

Whats the latest tl;dr on this?

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
About a week ago PlayfuPhoenix said they're actively pushing to wrap up some final details and quite close to announcing pricing & availability.

I took that to mean probably within a few weeks. The timing of actual production would be a different matter but seems we're close to launch now.

ATX / SFX choice would now be a matter of kit added (plates etc) rather than two different base chassis (I think that's how it was previously?)

Was there something specific you were interested in?

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Without having to scan through the 80 pages with stuff since i last was here.

Whats the latest tl;dr on this?

The last major ping-back:

Hello all,

I just posted an update to the community, but wanted to re-post this portion of it since it pertains to KI as well.

-

On a personal note, I am honestly crushed about this. I've worked with James for several years now, and building Cerberus and KI with him has been a visceral joy and absolute privilege thus far. Although I do not know much (certainly not any specifics) beyond that update, it has been tough to just know that he's not well, and to try to support both KI and Minutiae without him. KI and Minutiae just aren't what they are without him. I took for granted the ability to hop on Slack and converse and work with him, and I miss it.

More tactically, I hope this explains the quietness from us as of late. Looking back, I wish I had spoken to this sooner to you all, but balancing privacy, disclosure and productivity with this has been very challenging. I'm trying to make the best of this at this point for everyone.

-

Needless to say, James's absence from day-to-day work does impact Cerberus and KI, but I want to share some updates regarding what I've been up to:
  • I have been in active discussions with Sliger to get final design changes committed and a subsequent manufacturing run started.
  • I have been in communication with some business customers that are interested in placing orders of Cerberus or Cerberus X.
  • Once the above have been finalized, I will share details about the design changes, availability, and pricing.
  • I will provide weekly updates at a minimum to the above.
In a strange way, this has accelerated our manufacturing schedule insofar that the avenues and opportunities open to Cerberus are now narrowed down to a few well-defined paths. I'm feeling optimistic about having concrete dates and figures for you all in a timescale of weeks rather than months, and Sliger is eager to build enclosures. There is work to be done, though.

If anyone has any questions or thoughts, feel free to express them here or to me directly and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

And then you can basically start catching up from here, since most of it from that point is more or less recent and new info (3 pages ago)

Hi all,

I'm getting pretty darn close to being able to share details on pricing and availability. Not much else to say at the moment, but I wanted to confirm that this is an active conversation that we're pushing hard to wrap up.

Reactions: Pat-Roner

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015