Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
I may or may not have made a few recent purchases and I have to confess: looking for a small(ish) ATX-sized case is absolutely disgusting- it makes me sad in the pants. The good news is, damn near every search result contained pictures of the Cerberus (mATX) haha.

Everywhere I look (this addiction has consumed about 9 hours of searching and calculating liters), those damn mid-tower cases are at least 44L+ (avg. ~47L) and I just cannot bring myself to pull the trigger. Initially I was willing to entertain the 23.58L Thermaltake G3 (defective PCIe cable and all) but that doesn't support a 280MM AOI/CLC that I plan to put into the front of a Cerberus-X, so I would end up needing to buy a replacement AIO+Fans later, nope! Sadly, the next up ATX case is a whopping 35L (Fractal C).

Try as I might, finding a temporary case to hold me over until the release of Cerberus-X is just impossible, that's it...I give up.
I am just going to buy a testbench until then.. or use my old Lian-Li motherboard tray.

I gotta hand it to you Team Kimera, the Cerberus and the Cerberus-X are game changing. When the time comes, I have zero doubt in my mind that the enthusiast community will buy these up faster than @KSliger can produce them.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Cerberus-X is a true king...wait for my small trial of compact customised watercooling..:)

After I'm not sure it's worth 280mm rad...as it should fit only in front...but everybody can do whatever they want ...power of Cerberus-X..:D

Reactions: Biowarejak

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I may or may not have made a few recent purchases and I have to confess: looking for a small(ish) ATX-sized case is absolutely disgusting- it makes me sad in the pants.
It's the same conclusion I had. Half a year ago, the Thermaltake G3 wasn't even an option so 30+L was mandatory. Join the Waiting Fans Club, we have a self-help group session every two weeks and some cookies.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
More seriously : is it possible to power x399 threadripper atx motherboard with sfx psu (even sx800lti) as they have dual 8pins cpu connectors?

The ASRock (edit: and Gigabyte) boards have an 8+4 configuration (AMD's minimum design specification for TR4)

That means these ports would be occupied (mobo/cpu/gpu)
EDIT 8/3/2017: I was wrong (thanks James), here is a possible solution though

Plenty of power to spare

Last edited:

dbjungle

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2017
I'm currently on a Cougar QBX, but I'm definitely interested in this. I was looking at it prior to my Ryzen 1700 build. The sheer customizability on this case is amazing.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
In that case, I guess you would need one of these Molex to 4-Pin CPU adapters that would consume one of the three included 4-pin Molex cables (labeled Peripheral 4p).

That'd work I guess. But the 4-pin peripheral (it's not technically Molex) only has one 12V line so a dual "Molex" to 4-pin would be better.

No way to convert pcie connector to cpu?

That's another option, it's just a matter of rearranging the pins for the 4-pin CPU or that plus doubling a ground for 8-pin EPS.

Do anyone know what happen with the extra panels that were supposed to be given to buyers of the last Cerberus batch?

That's still planned.

"never" went into production :( Dimitry no

That's true though, there's only been the one pre-pre-production run so far.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
This 4v connector is called "sense"..I don't know exactly why it's here. It's directly connected to 24v ATX...:)

I don't know why I know that right now...maybe a look here is welcome..:D