Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Me too..:)

For gpu, it should be a rx vega, but i'll wait for benchmark and customed model...i'm preparing myself to hunt for sample card with least/none coil whine..:)

MaskedNozza

Chassis Packer
May 4, 2017
I have a more serious question than the congrats and excitement that the fanboys on here offer up and you so richly deserve.
I have an H105 AIO cooler and was wondering if it would be possible to mount it to the side bracket. If not, would it perhaps fit in the top section? In both cases, I would likely mount an SFX-L PSU in the front-bottom, which I was a little unsure of, but it looks possible. Drives would obviously mount in the bottom at the rear.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I have an H105 AIO cooler and was wondering if it would be possible to mount it to the side bracket. If not, would it perhaps fit in the top section? In both cases, I would likely mount an SFX-L PSU in the front-bottom, which I was a little unsure of, but it looks possible. Drives would obviously mount in the bottom at the rear.

You could probably attach the rad to the side bracket, but not all the screw holes will line up. It definitely won't fit at the top.

The SFX-L will fit at the bottom if you find a way to hold it in place.

Reactions: MaskedNozza

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Not directly, the PSU can't be screwed directly to the vents even if the screw holes line up because there has to be room for the power cable.

Except if you unscrew the fan of the PSU, leave it inside, and then use those same (or slightly longer) screws to screw the PSU to the infinite vents. They will line up because the fan has standard mounting holes.
That way you can even change the orientation of the PSU as desired. And you can either mount it to the bottom or the front, depending on your use-case.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
That's really clever! I don't think I'd want to hang the PSU off the fan mounts but if in positions where it can rest on something to help take the load off that should work.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Yeah I think I'd try that when I get one just to see if the vents are able to hold the weight, but just for kicks though

MaskedNozza

Chassis Packer
May 4, 2017
I just went and had a look trying to find where to buy the case. I had no idea there was a kickstarter campaign for this! I probably wouldn't have cared when it was running anyway since I wasn't at a point where I was considering sff, but I certainly am now! Since I stream (including consoles) from a single PC I was trying to keep all the hardware as contained in the case as possible, and it sort of became a personal challenge to get it as small as possible so it's portable for games jams and lans so I can stream while there as well. QQ, is there any sort of timeframe as to when the case might become available? Definitely wanting to go with red or blue, handle and side window. SFX PSU of course. Willing to do unboxing and build and review videos on my YouTube channel if it means I can get it sooner :D

Last edited:

ninetailfox97

Cable Smoosher
May 13, 2017
If there's still a list going for the cerberus-X, sign me up for dat production run. I need this case in my life. Want to do a custom loop in it.

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
I've submitted a few entries to the forum's HWBOT-team and thought I'd take a couple of new photo's of my build in the Cerberus. This time with the classic Noctua beige accent colour.

My desk is always this empty. Just in case you wondered.
The desktop too.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Lol you like beige accent..:)

Personnally on bottom fans, i'll advance 120mm ones...because i found 140-150 are a bit too restrictive for assembly and they are not bringing additional performance..:)

I'm eager to test noctua c14s on oc ryzen 7 1700x..:)