Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
Well, here are some photos of my current rig:

I've left off the side-bracket due to the rivets(?) holding it pushing on the fan, just slightly bending the cooler.

Very nice quality overall. Loved to work in it.
The push-pins have a little more "give" in them compared to my Ncase's but they sit solidly on. The panels feel sturdier, perhaps partly due to the rougher finish.
Was surprised that the case-feet was as good as they were with solid aluminium and a rubber bottom, very pleasant surprise.
The filled pci brackets do their work, but feels a step below the rest of the case. I suppose that is a way to encourage people to fill it up. :-P

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
You mean they run at 100% on start?
If yes, issue is coming from mb. With my Corsair commander mini they started smoothly..:)

What mb do you have?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Well, here are some photos of my current rig:

I've left off the side-bracket due to the rivets(?) holding it pushing on the fan, just slightly bending the cooler.

Very nice quality overall. Loved to work in it.
The push-pins have a little more "give" in them compared to my Ncase's but they sit solidly on. The panels feel sturdier, perhaps partly due to the rougher finish.
Was surprised that the case-feet was as good as they were with solid aluminium and a rubber bottom, very pleasant surprise.
The filled pci brackets do their work, but feels a step below the rest of the case. I suppose that is a way to encourage people to fill it up. :-P
O i just noticed you didn't put white chromax on both sides on fan..why?..:) not enough pieces?..:)

TheInternal

Trash Compacter
May 27, 2016
With my birthday coming up on April 7th, I'm thinking of getting a mATX mobo that supports SLI and a SFF that could fit two ROG STRIX Geforce 10 series cards in it. Will the Cerberus be obtainable by the end of April, or will I need to look elsewhere to find a SFF that can fit a larger CPU cooler alongside two longer GPUs?

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
You mean they run at 100% on start?
If yes, issue is coming from mb. With my Corsair commander mini they started smoothly..:)

What mb do you have?

It is an Asrock 270m extreme4, have had the same behavior on all my motherboards so it didn't surprise me.

O i just noticed you didn't put white chromax on both sides on fan..why?..:) not enough pieces?..:)

Just thought it looked better.

I just received my Cerberus and not sure if the the panels are aluminum or steel, can anyone give me the answer?

They are aluminium, with the case internal frame made of steel.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
With my birthday coming up on April 7th, I'm thinking of getting a mATX mobo that supports SLI and a SFF that could fit two ROG STRIX Geforce 10 series cards in it. Will the Cerberus be obtainable by the end of April, or will I need to look elsewhere to find a SFF that can fit a larger CPU cooler alongside two longer GPUs?

Well as far as I've studied Cerberus, Strix gpu should fit with no trouble inside cerberus, with tight fit with front fan.

However Cerberus won't be available in April, at least for serial. I know there will be at least another pre production run but it's not clearly timed yet.

It is an Asrock 270m extreme4, have had the same behavior on all my motherboards so it didn't surprise me.
Strange. On my current itx board z97e itx, I've both noctua a9 and dual fractal hp-12, and they do not spin at 100% on start.
Last time i used my 140ppc was with my corsair commander and they were ramping up'smoothly.

A point to check on my prototype then..:)

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
Strange. On my current itx board z97e itx, I've both noctua a9 and dual fractal hp-12, and they do not spin at 100% on start.
Last time i used my 140ppc was with my corsair commander and they were ramping up'smoothly.

A point to check on my prototype then..:)

I didn't really notice the spin-up earlier but I've come to realize that's because those fans topped out at a much lower RPM so it isn't as noticeable. Otherwise I have no problem, I spin them at 30% at idle and ramp up the cpu fans to about 50% when benchmarking/stress testing.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Personnally i like them mainly at 500rpm where they are dead silent...my maximum is 800rpm...above, they are too loud..:D

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
After I didn't find better fan...they are almost behave similarly (fractal HP-14, Corsair MF). Good surprise was fractal HF-14, dedicated for airflow, that could be the best for airflow...but is controlled by DC (3 pins) and has low pressure

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com

The top panel looks a little warped there, not really a fan of that :/ But I'm sure stuff like that will get ironed out and you'll get a replacement panel once the production run starts :)

Yeah those silver blank brackets don't look nice at all, I though there'd be vented ones like LianLi has them.

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
The top panel looks a little warped there, not really a fan of that :/ But I'm sure stuff like that will get ironed out and you'll get a replacement panel once the production run starts :)

I think that might be from the aperture of the camera, I don't have the case at hand but I didn't notice any warping in person.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The panels feel sturdier, perhaps partly due to the rougher finish.

The panels are slightly thicker than the M1, 2mm vs 1.5mm.

I really like the case feet too :)

PCI brackets are just for this run, we'll have black ones for production.

I just received my Cerberus and not sure if the the panels are aluminum or steel, can anyone give me the answer?

2mm aluminum for the exterior panels.

Will the Cerberus be obtainable by the end of April, or will I need to look elsewhere to find a SFF that can fit a larger CPU cooler alongside two longer GPUs?

It's unlikely that the next pre-production run will be shipping in April.

Scottagecheeze

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 10, 2017
Production will be a much smoother matte finish.

For anyone that has ordered/orders a preproduction unit Sliger will send you a new set of panels in any of the available colors when the SFX power cords ship out. New panel set will also address the panel gaps.

For those of us with pre-production units, will we be asked if we want a new set of panels or will we need to reach out at some point if we want them?

Last edited:

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
@Aibohphobia

Just in case it slipped your mind

Care to share? Anything affecting compatibility or longevity?

For clarification, the next batch will come with cables for a front-SFX setup, yes? Any chance we can get extra panels during this next run or separately during general production?