Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

mirshko

Caliper Novice
Onshape
Sep 22, 2015
onshape.com
Panel wasn't fully seated after I took it apart.

For Cerberus it's always been inside the hole in the top panel. That way the top panel can be removed without taking the power button with it.

On the thinner steel panels it was basically flush with the top but on the thicker alu panels they're inset slightly.

Okay that makes sense & looks a lot better!

einmannbude

Caliper Novice
May 22, 2016
She came in 30 mins ago or so. Took a couple quick pictures, today is my wife's birthday so we're headed out. The packaging was superb, great work @Aibohphobia, KI team and Sliger!

Great to see the first units in customers hands.
The surface looks very rough. Especially on the last image. Is this intended? Will this be improved with the production run?

clean003

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2016
I believe the Cerberus is a great piece of work and will have great succes; however, I'm extremely disappointed in the service, I've paid for the Cerberus-X almost a month ago and have yet to receive a tracking number at least; I would have thought I would receive the Cerberus no more than a week after payment. Not a good feeling.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I believe the Cerberus is a great piece of work and will have great succes; however, I'm extremely disappointed in the service, I've paid for the Cerberus-X almost a month ago and have yet to receive a tracking number at least; I would have thought I would receive the Cerberus no more than a week after payment. Not a good feeling.

The product ships from Sliger in Sparks, Nevada. So they may are probably having issues getting them to Aibohphobia.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I have to agree (as i share same issue, as Cerberus-x was even shipped later than standard cerberus) that's a mandatory point to improve on serial release.
Please remember we are in pre production mode, with still lot to improve..:)

Reactions: iFreilicht

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
Wait.. wasn't this the pre-pre production?
It was. And thus the feedback, in this case of the process around the delivery of the product.
I assume that there never was an intention for it to drag out as it did, but apparently some customers thought the process was bad enough to taint the case/brand. That kind of "word of mouth" could be very bad in the niche premium case market.

I can't believe that there won't be revisions in the process based on this pre-launch experience. :)

Last edited:

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
It was. And thus the feedback, in this case one the process around the delivery of the product.
I assume that there never was an intention for it to drag out as it did, but apparently some customers thought the process was bad enough to taint the case/brand. That kind of "word of mouth" could be very bad in the niche premium case market.

I can't believe that there won't be revisions in the process based on this pre-launch experience. :)
I simply got confused over the pre-production statements coming in here and there XD
Pretty confusing after a while :p

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
It was. And thus the feedback, in this case of the process around the delivery of the product.

Revisions are already occuring for sure...:)

I guess some people overestimate what meant "pre production"..:)

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
So now that Pre-post units have been delivered still no ETA for the production?

No ETA, there's several things we need to test and fix on these units so it'll depend on how smoothly that goes. Then there will be at least one more pre-production run to verify those changes.

The surface looks very rough. Especially on the last image. Is this intended? Will this be improved with the production run?

That's one of the things we're looking at. Sliger switched to this new black textured powder since the prototype, it's a nice deep black but the texture is perhaps a bit too much.

Reactions: VegetableStu

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

I do apologize about that, I would have waited longer until taking payments if I'd realized it would take so long.

The product ships from Sliger in Sparks, Nevada. So they may are probably having issues getting them to Aibohphobia.

They're being shipped directly from Sliger.

Wait.. wasn't this the pre-pre production?

Right, but pre-production basically refers to anything between the prototyping stage and regular production so I haven't always been clear that this run is the first of probably two pre-production runs.

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
No ETA, there's several things we need to test and fix on these units so it'll depend on how smoothly that goes. Then there will be at least one more pre-production run to verify those changes.

Oh wow...each run won't depend on a batch of power cords and the price of steel from across the Pacific will it? Or should I prepare for a second, maybe third thread-versary?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I've just found a way to measure (approx) GPU width clearance in Cerberus/Cerberus-X case.

My analysis is pretty simple and approximative :
  1. Cerberus is compatible (close fit or tight fit with side bracket) with Noctua C14S with 25mm fan on top of it)

2. As simple assumption, Noctua C14s heatsink (w/o fan) has same height as standard as based on this picture :

3. Conclusion GPU width compatibiliy is : Standard GPU width +25mm..:D
That should conclude that next GTX 1080ti Gaming X/Z should fit in Cerberus-X, ast power connectors have been offseted. However, I'm not sure SLI of GTX 1080ti Gaming X will fit due to HD SLI bridge (thinnest one is Asrock of about 0.9cm thickness)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Great to see the first units in customers hands.

Production will be a much smoother matte finish.

For anyone that has ordered/orders a preproduction unit Sliger will send you a new set of panels in any of the available colors when the SFX power cords ship out. New panel set will also address the panel gaps.

Looking forward to feedback on builds, please post any and all issues we and KI will get them addressed.

clean003

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2016
Production will be a much smoother matte finish.

For anyone that has ordered/orders a preproduction unit Sliger will send you a new set of panels in any of the available colors when the SFX power cords ship out. New panel set will also address the panel gaps.

Looking forward to feedback on builds, please post any and all issues we and KI will get them addressed.

Would you know if my Cerberus have been shipped?