Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Elijha

Case Bender
Aug 18, 2016
OK, registered due to the prototype discussion. Been lurking since the KickStarter to keep an eye on this. Couldn't commit during the KS - but have since come to understand the uniqueness this offers.
Steel over Aluminium any day FWIW.

Reactions: tedlas

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
OK, registered due to the prototype discussion.

Welcome!

Couldn't commit during the KS - but have since come to understand the uniqueness this offers.

While it's good for us that no one else has come out with anything similar yet, I also find it worrying that apparently no one else thinks that mATX is worth investing in :\

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
"With great case comes great motherboard lineup."
Or so I wishfully think.

What worries me more is how the industry is making mITX their next mATX with 40L cases. Instead of doing more with mATX, they seem to have decided to take the "small" out of Small Form Factor.

vpr

Cable Smoosher
Apr 2, 2016
While it's good for us that no one else has come out with anything similar yet, I also find it worrying that apparently no one else thinks that mATX is worth investing in :\

This is also a worrying trend for me as well, as not even motherboard manufactures seem to be talking about mATX anymore, and that doesn't seem to be improving with time either. Part of me thinks getting the ATX variant of Cerberus would be a wiser move just for the vast hardware selection alone. ATX w/ Steel - Still smaller than most ATX cases on the market w/ the clean aesthetics and a handle. Since I don't plan to carry this thing around, the "smallness" of it matters less to me than other aspects.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Good to see a 140mm version! The 240mm kinda fits but I really can't recommend using it in Cerberus if you don't want to struggle installing everything.

candyman

Caliper Novice
Mar 27, 2016
For the steel version is still available the original black (that seems dark grey) color or only the new brilliant black?

I would like to order a case more similar to the original Kickstarter mockup.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
For now we will not offer custom colors since color change requires cleaning out the powdercoating guns and setting up the booth so it complicates manufacturing and logistics. We're considering offering bare panels to compensate though. Not sure on the frame.

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
That Predator 140...:eek:

I guess really the only way to install it is to use the side bracket with the pump/res combo to the right of the radiator and fill port facing up. Adding a GPU block to the first PCIe slot would get messy though, very little space for tubing.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome to the forum! And you're not too late, we haven't started production yet.

chemist_slime

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2016
We'll have information on pre-ordering later and we don't have a set date yet. If you don't keep up regularly with this thread then the best way to get notified would be the newsletter: http://www.kimeraindustries.com/subscribe

Signed up just to comment. I've subscribed on your website and will be ordering two of these when they are up for pre-order. Always been a big fan of SFF since the very beginning and couldn't be more excited on how things have progressed in the last 10 years. Especially the last 3 I'd say! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to get my hands on Cerebreus. Will be slapping in two Titan Xs for machine learning! :)

Reactions: MunneY

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome! Nice to see you here too, I don't hang out much on HardForum anymore because I'm busy running this place :)

I'm surprised you're not going to go for 4x Titans with a PCIe splitter and single-slot blocks :D

Reactions: tedlas

veystass

What's an ITX?
Aug 23, 2016
I'm interested in a prototype, what's the best way to make sure I'm notified when prototype sign ups go live? I'm already subscribed to the email news, just don't want to miss anything.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'm interested in a prototype, what's the best way to make sure I'm notified when prototype sign ups go live? I'm already subscribed to the email news, just don't want to miss anything.

If you're signed up for the newsletter and keep up with this thread you're set.

Out of interest, what are the size constraints on running a 140 rad in push-pull?

You mean how thick of a rad on the side bracket or something else?