Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
getting there - just waiting on parts that should be arriving tomorrow.

are those quadros?

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Hey guys, I just got my Cerberus x today and I’m almost done putting it all together now. I have my fans pulling air through the radiator because that’s the most common setup I’ve seen. Should I switch that around? Any other things I should remember before I finish up?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hey guys, I just got my Cerberus x today and I’m almost done putting it all together now. I have my fans pulling air through the radiator because that’s the most common setup I’ve seen. Should I switch that around? Any other things I should remember before I finish up?
Do you have some photo please?

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Sorry for asking a lot of questions, but the Kraken x52 I bought used might be defective, so I’ll have to replace it. That was the only one I was a fan of because of the pump block and the nice design imo. All of the other ones look awful to me except for the Fractal Design s24. I don’t see many people use it though and it seems to get pretty good reviews. Does anyone have any experience with Fractal Design aios?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Sorry for asking a lot of questions, but the Kraken x52 I bought used might be defective, so I’ll have to replace it. That was the only one I was a fan of because of the pump block and the nice design imo. All of the other ones look awful to me except for the Fractal Design s24. I don’t see many people use it though and it seems to get pretty good reviews. Does anyone have any experience with Fractal Design aios?
Pretty decent aio this Celsius s24...for me, best point is absence of software to handle pump rpm..:)

You can also look at recent artic cooling aio...pretty good too.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Definitely like the price of the Arctic aio. Under $100 usd for the 280 version. Thanks for the suggestion. I didn’t realize they had some aios.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Didn’t take the best pictures and I definitely want to get some custom cables, but my system is up and running. The motherboard i had was a dud, so the AIO was fine and I won’t need to replace it. My internet is awful, so I probably won’t finish actually getting everything done with it until tomorrow, but at least I have my PC back.

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
maybe I’m dense, but where does one mount these things? do you need an empty fan slot, or would it not meaningfully impact performance if attached to a radiator?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
maybe I’m dense, but where does one mount these things? do you need an empty fan slot, or would it not meaningfully impact performance if attached to a radiator?
You placed it in place of one fan slot.

In cerberus-X I would put it below SFX front PSU or on Top vented bracket.

kecoal2

Caliper Novice
May 6, 2018
I got myself a AIO that will fit so I will be switching from my scythe fuma. I should finally be able to put my ATX PSU in the ATX location. Right now it's still shoved in the SFX location, it works with some zip ties. I still get some heat issues which causes my PC to shut off once in awhile but I up the fan speed and its fine. Hopefully, this change should make it a lot easier.

Should I mount the 280MM rad on the front or the bottom? I can do push/pull on the bottom? (Cerberus X)

I still need to pull out a stripped screw from the rear mounting plate. Any one have suggestions for that?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I got myself a AIO that will fit so I will be switching from my scythe fuma. I should finally be able to put my ATX PSU in the ATX location. Right now it's still shoved in the SFX location, it works with some zip ties. I still get some heat issues which causes my PC to shut off once in awhile but I up the fan speed and its fine. Hopefully, this change should make it a lot easier.

Should I mount the 280MM rad on the front or the bottom? I can do push/pull on the bottom? (Cerberus X)

I still need to pull out a stripped screw from the rear mounting plate. Any one have suggestions for that?
Radiator at bottom is fine. However you can try exhaust mode for fan on radiator.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Question for sake of clarity:

Going on, it the cerebrus a Sliger product, while Chimera continues to develop other cases like the Machone?
Or is it still a Chimera product, despite then having no further development/it's not sold on SFFlab?

Thanks!