Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

env

What's an ITX?
Jul 22, 2016
Please, modify power button. I think it stands out too mutch on stealthy-looking case. Maybe paint the same color as the case ?

MrBreakfst

Caliper Novice
Jul 27, 2016
Gryphon! There you are :) Discussion isn't the same without ya.

In all likelihood, no. We have to keep variations/options low, and figuring out vents and pins for plexiglass would introduce a lot of engineering challenges, testing, and (at the end of the day) expense, both time and money-wise.

I would gladly give up the side bracket for a full tempered glass side panel
Not sure how practical this would be though

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It's not very practical, especially with the pin/clip system. To remove the panels involves flexing them a bit. Not a problem with metal but glass would pose an issue. Plus there's the weight and cost issues.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Better bring $2000 because I'm not parting with the prototype for any less than that :p

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I guess someone could cut out a piece of plexiglas/perspex/whatever and remove the pins (they're just threaded) from the stock panel and attach them to the plexi with screws.

Reactions: iFreilicht

Edward Hay

Trash Compacter
Aug 5, 2016
I've been following this case now, and I've been wondering a bit.
I'm gonna buy some parts to build a new pc very soon, and I therefore wondered if there would be any news coming out within a week?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The manufacturer will hopefully be past their busy period soon so we expect to make headway in the near future.

But we definitely will not have any announcements ready within a week.

Edit: And welcome to the forum!

Edward Hay

Trash Compacter
Aug 5, 2016
Alright, thanks for the quick response. :)
I think I'll go with a corsair air 240 for the moment, and then hopefully swap to the Cerberus when it becomes available.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
...And what about within the month? (cheeky request for an ETA on an ETA)

No guarantees, but there's a decent chance we'll have an ETA for the prototype run within a month. When production happens will depend on the results of the prototypes so we won't have a solid timeline on that anytime soon.

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
When production happens will depend on the results of the prototypes so we won't have a solid timeline on that anytime soon.

These prototypes would be for internal testing or those who volunteered on the backer survey? If the latter, will they be functionally the same as the final product?