Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Uruk

Trash Compacter
Feb 1, 2019
thanks

did you put top fan on side bracket or using fan clip?

I'm always interested if you tried exhaust mode..
I mounted the side fan in the bracket, it allows more airflow since with clip part of it get covered by the side panel of the case.

I tried both, intake and exhaust, but in my case temps are better as intake. I have two fans in top as exhaust, and with the case sitting in vertical the airflow is more optimal that way.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I mounted the side fan in the bracket, it allows more airflow since with clip part of it get covered by the side panel of the case.

I tried both, intake and exhaust, but in my case temps are better as intake. I have two fans in top as exhaust, and with the case sitting in vertical the airflow is more optimal that way.
thanks for sharing.
You are right with your personal setup (dual top exhaust fans, vertical stand), C14S seems to work pretty well!

Next step is to wait for new Noctua NF-A14x25 with sterrox blades..:D (2021 apparently..:))

Reactions: Chromavoid and Uruk

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
thanks for sharing.
You are right with your personal setup (dual top exhaust fans, vertical stand), C14S seems to work pretty well!

Next step is to wait for new Noctua NF-A14x25 with sterrox blades..:D (2021 apparently..:))
@Uruk by the way, did you notice noise reduction by moving to C14S instead of Corsair AIO?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Big difference while gaming. Now I can set graphics card fans to 50-55% (65-70% before) and keep GPU temperatures under 70ºC.
ah ok...big difference on GPU noise as it has access to fresh air..;)

In case of pure cpu load, did you notice some improvment also?

Uruk

Trash Compacter
Feb 1, 2019
ah ok...big difference on GPU noise as it has access to fresh air..

In case of pure cpu load, did you notice some improvment also?
Not really. Take into account that the system have now two additional fans, so I had to tweak the curves to get the same noise level as before in pure CPU load work.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
BIOS. Dont like Asus software ??
ahah..:)
Well Fan Xpert 4 is pretty convenient. My main concern is that HWinfo64 needs to be launched after it...otherwise hwinfo64 is not refreshing all MB data. I also found Fan Xpert could lose its mind (all fan at maximum or zero) while HWinfo64 is activated. (works like a charm with/along MSI afterburner)
BUT...as I'm flashing usually my bios I just keep standard preset on fan curve in bios and I adjust/tune every fan on Fan Xpert 4...so practical...:)
At last, Fan xpert 4 is capable to remove/increase maximum temperature of 70°C/75°C (impossible to remove/increase in bios)

Not perfect, but Fan Xpert 4 is now pretty useful..;)

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
I am looking to purchase another Cerberus X.

Can you guys machine the holes for the side panel and flip the side panel and machine the holes on both the top and bottom half of the side panel? This way you would not even have to re-model.

I plan to do another triple GPU setup and a side fan for the GPU is really helpful. While I only drilled halfway because that's all I needed for the PSU fan, I still want it machined completely.

There is enough space to mount a 120mm fan to the inside of the side panel. It does not look beautiful but it was needed to have enough airflow to accommodate for the top GPU.

For reference, this is what I have done.

If this is possible for you guys to do, I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much and have a great day!

dfsaqwe

Cable Smoosher
Jun 12, 2019
Would someone be able to possibly answer -

Can a 30mm rad + 25mm fan be used when using a water cooled (single slot) GPU in the lower slot of a matx board? in the cerberus (non x)

Vekta

What's an ITX?
Sep 25, 2019
Hello friends,

I am wondering what the likelihood of getting updated front IO for the Cerberus case is. So far the only thing holding me back from buying one is the lack of a front USB-C port.

Perhaps the manufacturer will release an updated USB-C connector and associated top panel in the future, what do you think?

Reactions: Revenant