Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Hi there is so much in this thread. Has there been changes to where you can mount your sff psu farther down on the front and fit a 240mm rad on top and bottom?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Will we be having a Cerberus V2 with aditional psu mounting and other changes?

No changes coming anytime soon, nothing critically wrong with it and only change requests I have in the idea folder are things that might as well be a new case.

Hi there is so much in this thread. Has there been changes to where you can mount your sff psu farther down on the front and fit a 240mm rad on top and bottom?

That will likely be a different case - for the Cerberus it requires too many changes, ex: moving motherboard down requires new base frame, a new PSU mount bracket, and then all the associated changes with our fulfillment.

Might throw some ideas around in the next few months. We're just crazy busy right now.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
No changes coming anytime soon, nothing critically wrong with it and only change requests I have in the idea folder are things that might as well be a new case.

That will likely be a different case - for the Cerberus it requires too many changes, ex: moving motherboard down requires new base frame, a new PSU mount bracket, and then all the associated changes with our fulfillment.

Might throw some ideas around in the next few months. We're just crazy busy right now.
Cerberus-X2 will be a great idea/project..;)
If you need some feedback/support, please let me know (of course I've tons of proposals)..;)

ps : I managed to get a pretty good OC with my ryzen 7 3800X :
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...erberus-x-complete-build-log.2007/post-161501

• Love
Reactions: sn0man

milica

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2019
Any ETA for the EU distributor (density)?

I thought I read it'd be ready sometime in August?
Also will they support custom orders, like different panels etc. or just base case?

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
maybe weird question i can't find the answer after searching this forum. Can the 3.5 hdd bracket mount on a fan in the Cerberus X?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Following my experiments with Noctua NH-C14S inside Cerberus-X...and results are pretty interesing :
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...erberus-x-complete-build-log.2007/post-161801

And here is my champion setup :

@KSliger : this picture is illustrationg also some minor in infinite vents on side bracket...I cannot use 4 screws for a 120mm on bottom rail.

Just as reminder, Noctua NH-C14S is a very capable CPU cooler, especially with dual fan setup (similar performance as NH-D15) :

https://www.overclockingmadeinfrance.com/omf-noctua-nh-c14s-simple-et-push-pull/5/

I hope this will be useful.

Reactions: Uruk and Chromavoid

Chromavoid

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
Quick question. I have a Cerberus case, non-X with the Asrock Z390 M-ITX board and a C14s cooler. Does anyone know if I can fit a 12x15 fan in the upper fan mount provided with the handle kit? Eyeballing it, it looks tight, but I have read both yes it will fit and no it wont. Any first hand experiences to share?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Quick question. I have a Cerberus case, non-X with the Asrock Z390 M-ITX board and a C14s cooler. Does anyone know if I can fit a 12x15 fan in the upper fan mount provided with the handle kit? Eyeballing it, it looks tight, but I have read both yes it will fit and no it wont. Any first hand experiences to share?
what is the clearance you have?

Chromavoid

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
what is the clearance you have?
ah, sorry missed this. Its a tight fit. If anything, the heat sink of the C14s would be resting against the fan. I'm not sure I want to disassemble anything just to see at this point. I'll keep looking to see if any other experience is out there

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
ah, sorry missed this. Its a tight fit. If anything, the heat sink of the C14s would be resting against the fan. I'm not sure I want to disassemble anything just to see at this point. I'll keep looking to see if any other experience is out there
With a mini itx motherboard, it’s almost sure you won’t have any clearance with top of the case.
mini-itx could be very very tricky for air cpu cooler

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
Hey everyone. Haven't been on in a while; apologies for that. Loving the custom X Sliger was so kind to sell to me. Actually running an 8700k at 5.3 with a 1.4 core voltage and a 2080. Very smooth. Almost time to start upgrading some of my internals (need new hdd space, an m.2 boot drive, replace my sfx-l that's zip tied in place, adjust the cooling) and I had an odd question. The end goal is to make that nice steel tube hardline, but I was curious of just how large of a radiator I could attach/replace one of the side panels with. Not that it wouldn't take some engineering for a proper mount to the frame, but would:
fit somewhat decently without extending past the frames dimensions? Or would anyone have a recommendation for an equally large rad that I could use? I'm not opposed a motorcycle, atv, or car rad. This is, after all, a pet project to make the dream frankenputer that's sleek and way overbuilt.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Swapped the cooler (H100i Pro -> NH-C14S) and Im very happy with the results. GPU temps dropped between 5-10ºC, RAM 3-5ºC, M.2 5-8ºC and CPU only gained 3-4ºC ?
Welcome to the aircooler club..:D
How do you use your C14S? dual fan? intake or exhaust?