Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Board is built like a tank and has a satisfying heft to it. That 6 layer Pcb is no joke. Little to no flex when installing ram or psu connectors.
I’m on the release bios and everything has been stable so waiting on the newest agesa to mess with flashing it.

I have only set fan curves , manually set ram (did not enable xmp) and fclk to 1600 in bios so far.

Letting the cpu do what it wants to see how it behaves before pushing it.

VERY satisfied and impressed with what AMD has done with Ryzen 2 so far.
Please could you check if your msi Meg ace x570 is able to monitor your gpu?
On Manual it’s written it can monitor pcie_1 temp...with no more detail...:)

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Sure I can check tonight. Wonder if it’s in bios under hw monitor and/ or via the MSI Dragon Center suite?
I usually avoid everything but cpu/GPUz, Afterburner, HwInfo these days.
BUT I’m willing to install Dragon Center to check it out.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I just called and got an update on my red Cerberus-X. Apparently they over sold the last few red systems but they are doing one last final run just for the over sold units. They would be well within there rights to just cancel the orders but The fact that they are taking time for just a few last orders is amazing!

I'm happy to wait knowing that a case will get to me eventually.
This was awesome cuz I ordered red as well this time around!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Sure I can check tonight. Wonder if it’s in bios under hw monitor and/ or via the MSI Dragon Center suite?
I usually avoid everything but cpu/GPUz, Afterburner, HwInfo these days.
BUT I’m willing to install Dragon Center to check it out.
normally it's directly in bios..:)

and thanks!

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I just called and got an update on my red Cerberus-X. Apparently they over sold the last few red systems but they are doing one last final run just for the over sold units. They would be well within there rights to just cancel the orders but The fact that they are taking time for just a few last orders is amazing!

I'm happy to wait knowing that a case will get to me eventually.

The X570 chip set fan debacle has been fascinating. I'll have my board set up soon so I'll get some first hand experience. If it's too bad hopefully I can just put a water block on it.

Got notified tonight that my shipping label was created :D

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
Hello everyone,

I happen to have a Cerberus case for sale. Shipping only to EU from Poland. Shipping price is around 20 euroes, usually less.

Case in pristine condition, without any modifications. Sent in the original box and with everything included. A bequiet! silent wings 92mm fan included for free.

My current asking price is 230 euroes (shipping included), but it is negotiable.

PM me if you're interested or if you want more pictures.

Picture below:
PM'd!

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I see a lot of people running AIO's in the Cerberus with the radiator in the bottom. I was always under the impression that this was a bad idea as it would cause air bubbles to collect in the pump resulting in pump noise and possible damage to the pump. Is this not actually the case? With how often I see people configuring their AIO's in that way I'm surprised there isn't more pump noise complaints.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I see a lot of people running AIO's in the Cerberus with the radiator in the bottom. I was always under the impression that this was a bad idea as it would cause air bubbles to collect in the pump resulting in pump noise and possible damage to the pump. Is this not actually the case? With how often I see people configuring their AIO's in that way I'm surprised there isn't more pump noise complaints.

The Apogee Drive II is actually a fully integrated DDC Pump/Block combo for compact open loops as opposed to the centrifugal pumps in AIOs (Asetek for example). While you can still get some permeation, leading to air bubbles migrating to the highest point in the loop, with quality fittings and tubing this is less of an issue than AIOs where more often that not they are using barb fittings and midling to low quality tubes. In my experience DDC , and D5 pumps for that matter, are more resistant to the rattle/gurgle that centrifugal pumps most commonly experience, but cavitation like issues can still cause additional wear down the road.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
The Apogee Drive II is actually a fully integrated DDC Pump/Block combo for compact open loops as opposed to the centrifugal pumps in AIOs (Asetek for example). While you can still get some permeation, leading to air bubbles migrating to the highest point in the loop, with quality fittings and tubing this is less of an issue than AIOs where more often that not they are using barb fittings and midling to low quality tubes. In my experience DDC , and D5 pumps for that matter, are more resistant to the rattle/gurgle that centrifugal pumps most commonly experience, but cavitation like issues can still cause additional wear down the road.
Well I didn’t experience any pump noise, with either vertical or horizontal position...:)
Don’t forget that I have also a reservoir included in radiator. I need to refill every 3-4 months with 10-20ml...:)

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I received my Cerberus-X today. I noticed that the back feet don't appear to sit flush with the desk. If you look at them at eye level they both appear to be at a slight angle with a millimeter or so between the highest point of the black rubber pad and the desk. Is that normal? The front feet appear to be perfectly flush. It's only the back two that are angled.

Last edited:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I received my Cerberus-X today. I noticed that the back feet don't appear to sit flush with the desk. If you look at them at eye level they both appear to be at a slight angle with a millimeter or so between the highest point of the black rubber pad and the desk. Is that normal? The front feet appear to be perfectly flush. It's only the back two that are angled.

IDK, mine are sitting pretty well flush all the way around.

Side note: The panels aren't as stiffly attached as my original case, WHICH IS NICE! These feel much better taking on and off. Also, the screws with the hdd bracket feel better as well compared to my original case.

Last edited:

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
IDK, mine are sitting pretty well flush all the way around. Side note: The panels aren't as stiffly attached as my original case, WHICH IS NICE! These feel much better taking on and off. Also, the screws with the hdd bracket feel better as well compared to my original case.

I found I can mitigate it somewhat by lightly bending the feet in the correct direction and then tightening them down. One of the feet is much better, but the other is still angled a bit. It's not a big deal, but I'm a bit obsessive compulsive so I can't help but notice it. The worse of the two feet is on the side of the case I won't be looking at, so I think I'll live. Just hope it doesn't cause any vibration or balance issues.

Reactions: loader963

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Finished my Cerberus-X build today! ^_^

First time building in such a small case and it was a hell of a time lol. Even a small mistake can mean a lot of rework. In the end though, I absolutely love how this all turned out.

Dang that looks good and the cooling looks killer! id your feet flatten out once you got all the parts loaded in it? Usually the extra weight helps square everything up.

Amazing how often you change up your build, and the case looks brand new like 3 years later.

PS need more cat pictures.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Amazing how often you change up your build, and the case looks brand new like 3 years later.

PS need more cat pictures.
Thanks! Cerberus-x is the best case I’ve ever bought! So many choices/options in a compact size case..:) Thanks for producing it!

...for cats pictures, i’ll see what I can do..:)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sn0man and rfarmer

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Dang that looks good and the cooling looks killer! id your feet flatten out once you got all the parts loaded in it? Usually the extra weight helps square everything up.

Thank you! I'm glad it turned out as well as it did.

As for the feet, I was able to get them to level out a little by tightening them down more. With all the added weight at least the foot that will be facing me looks more or less level. The more problematic one is still a little angled, but it's on the side of the case that I won't see from where I sit so I'm not too worried. The anti-vibration mounts on the bottom fans sit slightly in the way of the feet being screwed down all the way flush anyhow.