Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Thanks! I'm planning on using an ITX motherboard in the Cerberus so hoping the motherboard won't conflict. The main conflict I see is with the GPU, planning on sticking with reference length for that (or maybe even mini length they have those for the 20-series + waterblocks).
You pretty much can only do reference length with a 240 on the front. I have a Corsair H100i V2 on the front with Corsair fan and a reference 1070 and it is still really snug. Like 5mm snug.

Edit: Pic - I won an 8086K from Intel that I plan on putting in once I find a good Z370 mATX board. Maybe I’ll find time to shorten and sleeve them cables.

Last edited:

burromorado

Cable Smoosher
Mar 14, 2018
I recently tried to move my buddies Corsair H115i (280mm x 26mm) into his Cerberus X and with the rad flush with the side of the chassis (leaving only room to use screws on 4/8 mount points, the rad/fans still interfered with the motherboard components.

We tried a number of orientations and it just wouldn't fit securely so we put in an H100i.
I have the corsair h115i Pro, with an ATX motherboard it simply won't fit on the bottom with the fans on. I used to have the radiator mounted to the bottom with the fans on the outside, and no feet, but this meant it had to be laying on its side. I've since managed to swap GPUs and mount the radiator in the front.

Reactions: MarcParis

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
just placed an order for a patterned top vent. can't wait! (but I will (have to (wait)))
got it! spent 4 hours ++ on it to rearrange a lot of stuff while I'm inside.

the Cryorig slim 140mm fan fits at the rear end (I might be able to fit two!), but it'll interfere with the power chord extender ,_,
made do by unmounting the chord from the plate. fan finally gets to breathe more though!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@remiscs and @MarcParis I have one question for you guys. Almost ready to build my “temporary” setup. Where you will suggest to put the radiator? Front or bottom mount? 240mm, intake fans, but, Push or Pull?

Thanks a lot! In few weeks my setup will be shown!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Finally something is happening! Let's see what AMD and the MB vendors will release this month, and what NVIDIA as well! I would like to add like primary GPU a new Quadro, hopefully a V5000? Otherwise, the third TITAN!
The mobo is just a picture to have a reference!

(I need to flip the fan, sorry, I was tired! :D)

Please, feel free to comments the custom loop, I should have found a good setup, but I am open to changes!

Enjoy this amazing case! And always, thank you @KSliger !

@remiscs and @MarcParis I have one question for you guys. Almost ready to build my “temporary” setup. Where you will suggest to put the radiator? Front or bottom mount? 240mm, intake fans, but, Push or Pull?

Thanks a lot! In few weeks my setup will be shown!
If you keep same components as before, I’ll try 240mm at bottom, in contact with case, and fans on top, as exhaust (flow to bottom).
In front,bottom, I’ll place a third fan, as intake to bring some fresh air on radiator and gpu.
At last, i guess you should try psu flipped (fan exhausting air from above cpu and mb)...you can also try to put flip vented side panel, putting vents at bottom.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
If you keep same components as before, I’ll try 240mm at bottom, in contact with case, and fans on top, as exhaust (flow to bottom).
In front,bottom, I’ll place a third fan, as intake to bring some fresh air on radiator and gpu.
At last, i guess you should try psu flipped (fan exhausting air from above cpu and mb)...you can also try to put flip vented side panel, putting vents at bottom.
Never thought these options! Thanks a lot! This works with the dual GPU. When I will put the third one is not possible for me to keep the rad in the bottom. You think will be ok as well have it in the front?

My prevuous thought was to have a bottom radiator with fans on the chassis in push, two front fan in push and one scythe slipstream on top exhausting. But maybe yours push exhaust from the bottom, and intake front flipping the PSU is better! I can also put the top scythe in intake! What you think???

Last edited:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
@fabio

I’m doing something similar to 2&3. Make sure your motherboard has the slots in the 1-3-5 for the GPU. Also my front rad is 25mm and with 15mm fans I have probably 15~10mm to spare to the reference card. Also the reservoir didn’t completely block the 24 pin mobo slot but was going to be “fun”.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio

I’m doing something similar to 2&3. Make sure your motherboard has the slots in the 1-3-5 for the GPU. Also my front rad is 25mm and with 15mm fans I have probably 15~10mm to spare to the reference card. Also the reservoir didn’t completely block the 24 pin mobo slot but was going to be “fun”.
The MB is an EVGA x299 Dark, and should be ok for the 24Pin and GPU slot. I will use 25mm fan (I am going for an all black setup, waiting for slim noctua 120 fan in the future). My only concern with the double radiator CPU only will be the lack of real fresh air inside, but I guess It will affect everything for few degrees.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
With an eatx motherboard, fans and rad, a reservoir, plus the 24 pin plugin rotated 90* towards the front of the case.... Im interested to see it all come together . When you want to fill up a case, you certainly mean to fill it up.

Edit: I too am waiting for noctua to release all black slim fans....

Last edited:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
@fabio

#9 is exactly how mine is set up currently but without the top exhaust fan. Nice positive pressure and blower gpu working well. Now your proposed build is has a lot more gear but thought I would weigh in with some first hand experience.

Baaa. Imgur is having issues. I’ll post a pic when possible

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
;) And If I will go for 2 GPU watercooled and one blower, I could keep the same or is better to change something? Thanks!
If you watercool GPU, you HAVE to setup all fans on radiators as exhaust (GPU are generating too much heat. it has to be exhausted as top priority, even if you average gpu/cpu temperature won't be the best of the world). Keep setup #2 but with fans on front radiators placed as exhaust.

edit : obviously you placed blower gpu at the bottom..;)

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
If you watercool GPU, you HAVE to setup all fans on radiators as exhaust (GPU are generating too much heat. it has to be exhausted as top priority, even if you average gpu/cpu temperature won't be the best of the world). Keep setup #2 but with fans on front radiators placed as exhaust.

edit : obviously you placed blower gpu at the bottom..;)
Didn’t know! I am learning a lot! Thanks man!

Reactions: MarcParis

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
#2 setup is the one I will try for dual radiator setup.:)
I was wondering if it will be bad having the bottom fan/radiator as intake. Seems every forum and website suggest this for an optimal airflow.
I am curious to know what's your point on this and why you suggest having the bottom as exhaust!
Thank you.